Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World ✧ Class Idea ✧ - The Shaman - Now In The Game, But Only By Name

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by xKindredKinesis, Apr 7, 2016.

?

What'd you think of this class suggestion? Would you want to play it, should it ever be implemented?

1. Looks great! I'd totally play it.

82.9%
  2. Looks bad. I'd rather not play it. (Please leave reasoning, otherwise I can't make improvements)

6.7%
  3. Looks nice, but it could be changed for the better. (Please leave your suggestions below)

10.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oHybrid

oHybrid What's poppin' individuals

I didnt read it all, but first off the base stats need to be lowered. It should be focused on 1 stat. Eg Archer = range, Warrior = defense etc. Maybe:

Defense: 1
    Damage: 2
    Spells: 4
    Range: 2

2. Witcher

Witcher the crappy class suggestions guy

Minecraft:
    That poll... No, it doesnt look Bad but I wouldnt play it just because it doesnt fit to My playstyle.
    And to the forum style: most people use the Realm of Wynncraft forum style so you better make it fit to everyone or only Realm of Wynncraft Style.
    And one Tip...
    When you want to link us the forum Style Chooser, you better scroll down and open the style Chooser left in a new tab and Copy the link.

3. xKindredKinesis

xKindredKinesis .[_]. VIP

Minecraft:
    Good call, I suppose.
    But in the end, the stats are just there to give the player a feel as to where the class excels (and where it doesn't).
    Maybe read through the rest of the content to see what else needs a fix?
    1) I didn't mean anything by it. It just means that if someone is not content with the class and does not want to play it, I'd like to know why so I can hopefully change it for the better. If it doesn't fit your playstyle, then it's just not the right class for you. You don't have to vote in that case, since all I'm looking for is a "good" or "bad" answer.

2) It should be fine on both styles, but I just recommended that viewers use the Starry Night theme since...
    a) I think the thread looks a lot better in dark theme.
    b) That's the style I wrote it in.

3) It's literally the first bar you see when you open the link I listed on the thread.
    The blue X at the end of that beginning message.
    That's the link.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    Witcher likes this.
  4. Witcher

Minecraft:
    I know, but you could make the style Chooser easier

5. xKindredKinesis

Minecraft:
    Okay, so I've been doing some thinking for a bit.
    And with it, I'll use it to explain why I chose to write stats that way.
    [​IMG]
    (I used this for reference.)
    Each class has 13 stat points and four main stats.
    Within those stats is one that has 5, making it the pinnacle stat of that class.

While the Shaman does not have a 5 in any given stat, it instead has two 4s, making it "Great" in two stats as opposed to "Excellent" in one specific stat. This shouldn't be too big of a deal, since Assassin has a 5 and a 4, so why not a 4 and a 4?
    And in total, if you see the stats and add them up...
    Damage: 2
    Defense: 4
    Range: 3
    Spells: 4
    2 + 4 + 3 + 4 = 13 stat points.

I guess you could say the stats on a Shaman are well-rounded, nothing too particularly low or high.
    Then again, this is just a representation of the class, and does not affect the class entirely.
    Things like Damage are based on the damage values of the Stave weapons, and Spells are also based off of how much Shaman spells do.

Witcher likes this.
  6. Witcher

Minecraft:
    Its difficult to give you the link from a Smartphone, have some patience and Ill post it later :)

7. Downroar

Downroar こんにちは日本人

Minecraft:
    damn beat me to it.

8. xKindredKinesis

Minecraft:
    In truth, that was completely by coincidence.
    But it's kinda cool how similar they are in effect.

9. xKindredKinesis

Minecraft:
    @stitch3d
    @JediArcanaan
    Not to call you guys out or anything, but could you tell me how I can improve this suggestion to your liking?

10. iEddie

iEddie Sad :( VIP+

Minecraft:
    I love this class, hope it gets added.

11. Loggerhead

Loggerhead Some Loggerhead

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Weaver does not fit shaman.
    besides that, as a class idea shooter, this is something not even my class idea killing AK-47 can shoot this

Storytime: xShirokaze went to her fridge to go drink milk straight from the milk carton as she has just awoke from bed, but suddenly, out of the blue from a stroke, she gets a class idea!
    she drops her milk carton, milk spilling everywhere... she ran right to her desk, and wrote away, brainstorming from time to time...

12. xKindredKinesis

Minecraft:
    it's true
    this cycle had continued for 4 months

Loggerhead likes this.
  13. llllllllllllll

llllllllllllll Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    The mobility spell for this class would be the Totem Call, but mobility spells are unlocked at Lvl 11. This is a B+ class. Which means your idea isn't the most original or best. But it's a 7/10 total. I wouldn't care much if this was added. I wouldn't necessarily play it either.

14. xKindredKinesis

Minecraft:
    Err, I don't believe Totem Call is the mobility spell. The mobility spell would either be Root Frenzy (unlocked at level 11, bring enemies towards you) or Rain Dance at Grade II (unlocked at level 46, grants speed and jump boost buffs).

Since you say that this is a B+ class, any ideas for how I can make it better?
    I've been trying to make this the best I can, and any feedback or tips you may have are greatly appreciated.

15. llllllllllllll

Minecraft:
    2 mobility spells? OP. Totem call is mobility as it takes away enemies, allowing you to pass. Root Frenzy takes them towards you, allowing you to either get rekt or kill them and if Rain Dance was one, it's only at Grade 2 and unlocked at a higher level.

16. xKindredKinesis

Minecraft:
    Well, Vanish gets Shadow Travel (Speed buff) at level 46, which is rather far into levels.
    Unless you count invisibility and massive mana drain as a mobility spell on its own.
    I don't know, it really depends on how you look at it.
    The way I see it, it falls under the same pattern.

But even so, does it really have to follow the same exact layout as every other class?

17. llllllllllllll

Minecraft:
    Then it wouldn't be as balanced. What if I need the spell at Lvl 11? But I have to wait until lvl 31? Also Vanish is opened at Lvl 11 so yeah. Still easy to use but why bother?

18. MrMadmanEPIC

MrMadmanEPIC The Maddest Man Around

Minecraft:
    Ok as we all know (at least most of us), fire damages entities by talking regular vanilla hearts away. Basically, if you get caught on fire, you would lose health accordingly to 1/2 heart. I would lose 500 health each time. Regeneration works the same way I believe. Just wanted to clarfiy that if you didn't know or if you were talking about "Wynncraft Health" or not.

19. xKindredKinesis

Minecraft:
    It would work kinda like how actual fire works in Wynncraft right now.
    Though maybe on a lower scale.

20. MrMadmanEPIC

MrMadmanEPIC The Maddest Man Around

Minecraft:
    That makes more sense. It would pretty overpowered that you get Regeneration II for 4 seconds or however and you get back 2 entire hearts which could be around 1000 health.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.