Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World New Wynncraft Hub System [25+ Supporters]

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by BlahBlah161616, Mar 2, 2016.

?

Was this a good idea?

1. Yes +1 Supporter

57 vote(s)
    87.7%
  2. No -1 Supporter

8 vote(s)
    12.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlahBlah161616

BlahBlah161616 Light Theme User

Guild:
    My last thread on this wasn't loved D: so I deleted it. So here's a remake on the part people actually liked.

Let's jump into the changes on the Wynncraft lobbies:

Instead of the resource pack downloading ingame, it would download in lobby, so when you join your ingame worlds, you already have your pack downloaded. If the pack fails to download, on top of the original message you would get this: "Resource pack failed to download, please see this to troubleshoot the issue: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/cant-play-wynncraft-because-of-the-pack-heres-how-to-fix.98023/ "

Also, the choosing of game worlds would change, do you hate it when you are trying to join a world a friend is on, but because the server as a whole has so many players online that it changes to show all the servers, causing you to join a server you don't want to join? Well no more, because when the server is that full, the join server area would change to this:

image.jpeg
    The emerald would say: "Wynncraft Worlds" the emerald blocks would say, "next page" and "previous page" to add onto the issue of people joining restarting servers, the world would say this message under them when they are restarting: [Server is Restarting] to prevent the player from joining a restarting server(Note: As Redx475 pointed out, sometimes servers aren't restarting, so the servers that are being shut down would instead say: This server is shutting down) I know that they might be removed, but with this system I'm trying to prevent the servers from randomly disappearing causing the player to join the wrong world.

When a server restarts, instead of the world being removed, the world would be removed, and replaced with a black glass pane to represent that the server is restarting. I'm trying to prevent the servers from changing the second I click, because spending 15 minutes like I do on joining the same server as a guildmates is annoying.

In the clock, the player would get this:

image.jpeg
    Except replace the diamond sword with a stick/wand(cuz this is an image from the disliked thread, and I'm too lazy to actually edit it further)

The player could use the stick to access Wizard Fortress instead, and then to get back they would use the Emerald. The clock would appear before a game of WF started, so the player could get back.

That's my idea! Comment thoughts below! Sorry if any of these text peices seem too blocky.

If you are reading this, please comment your thoughts below!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  2. redx475

redx475 SysAdmin HERO

Minecraft:
    Just a note: it doesn't make sense to show servers that are currently in the process of "restarting", as servers don't actually restart and don't necessarily come back. Servers simply shut down and get recreated if the network decides it needs more servers. That's why you generally get gaps in the server numbers. It's not because the servers are restarting but because at that moment the server doesn't even exist, and might not even get recreated for hours.

EDIT:

Also, there's no set number of servers that exist. I've seen as many as ~50 existing at one time, and that doesn't even hit the capacity of the network.

3. BlahBlah161616

Guild:
    Bump...I hate doing this, but honestly, it's annoying that all these threads pile above new ideas so fast.

4. blankman

blankman Wynncraft Boomer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I like this new version! I think I'm the only one who didn't give love though. :/

5. Jamieverse

Jamieverse Legendary Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Oh yass daddy

6. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hmm....... Good I guess.....

7. BlahBlah161616

Guild:
    Thx guys :D

8. BlahBlah161616

Guild:
    So just out of pure curiosity, why is it that the server text says they're restarting? If that gets changed, I'll edit my thread to fit the situation. Currently, all anyone really sees is the "This server is restarting"

9. redx475

redx475 SysAdmin HERO

Minecraft:
    Because that's the easiest way to communicate what is happening to players. Saying "this server is shutting down", while technically correct might give the idea that the whole network is going down and players will be unable to reconnect when this is not the case.

7nd likes this.
  10. BlahBlah161616

Guild:
    What if you changed the message to something more of: "This WC server is shutting down in etc time?" Then it gives the idea that it's not the entire server. But technically, by the same standards, if this was added, it would make sense for "this server is restarting" to be the same message by standards. But then again, it can be changed.

11. redx475

redx475 SysAdmin HERO

Minecraft:
    Because that isn't as concise. It really doesn't matter if people think the server is coming back up or not; every server is exactly the same and you can just join another one.

12. BlahBlah161616

Guild:
    So what you're saying is that if the WC servers said in the server menu: "This server is shutting down" it would make more sense in some cases. Which wouldn't make sense for the servers that actually are restarting(example: server 1 restarting)

13. redx475

redx475 SysAdmin HERO

Minecraft:
    Oh, in the menu on the lobbies it might make sense to put "shutting down" since then it is very obvious that it isn't the network shutting down. In the server itself, however, I believe that saying "restart" conveys what is happening better.

14. BlahBlah161616

Guild:
    I'll make sure to add that in, thanks for pointing it out Redx!

15. BlahBlah161616

Guild:
    Bump............

16. SuperMatt11

SuperMatt11 I am your leader; you are my lifelong slave.

Guild:
    +1 support :)

17. llllllllllllll

llllllllllllll Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Im gonna Necro this and support

18. BlahBlah161616

Guild:
    It's not necroing, the last comment was last week, necroing is bumping a thread that hasn't been replied to in a month.

19. llllllllllllll

llllllllllllll Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I saw someone say 4 days...

20. BlahBlah161616

Guild:
    That someone is wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.