Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World New Class: Dragon Lord

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by joshua123_4, Jan 21, 2016.

?

Is this a good class idea?

1. Yes! I love it!

36.8%
  2. Sure... Why not?

26.3%
  3. Maybe... (Why?)

13.2%
  4. No... (Why?)

18.4%
  5. More detail... (Suggestion?)

5.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshua123_4

joshua123_4 Lord of Chaos, Master of Destruction

Before you read this, I know what a lot of the comments are going to be. "Just another warrior class." or "Wynncraft has nothing to do with dragons." but I will prove that dragons are linked with Wynncraft and make this a detailed and well thought out class suggestion.

Dragons in Wynncraft
    Yes, I know there are no actual dragons in Wynncraft (yet), but there are links to dragons and theories about dragons in Wynncraft. An example of dragons in Wynncraft is when you do the creeper quest, one of the NPCs say "That's crazy. Having creepers exists is like saying an ender dragon attacked Detlas." And well... what did we find out in that quest? That creepers do exist, which means dragons could also probably exist. In the Beneath the Depths quest, there is a secret room with mobs called, Egg Guardians, protecting an ender dragon encased in green crystals. There is an ender dragon egg in an ice crystal to the left of the entrance when entering the Tower of Ascension, too. There are also many theories and thoughts that Dern will be "ender" or darkness themed, since Wynncraft is like the nether (corrupted) and Gavel is like the over world (pure).

Now for the class idea:
    Dragon Lord
    Requirements: complete Temple of Legends quest and have any level 70 class

The dragon warrior is noble, strong, and loyal. Raised by the mythical dragons of Dern, he has mastered the powers of the elements. He will assist in destroying the corruption, for it has killed his family. But, he will only help those who have proven themselves worthy, only those who have defeated one of the leaders of the corruption, only those who are true legends.

Attack: ••••
    Defense: •
    Range: ••
    Skills: ••••
    The dragon warrior is a extremely damaging class. It can deal massive amounts of damage at an average range, but it's defense is at its least. You best defense, can also be you best offense.

First Skill: Fireball
    -user shoots a fireball dealing an AoE of 3x3
    -fireball travels at .5 seconds per block
    Tier 1: -3 hunger; 40% weapon/fire damage
    Tier 2 (+ Dragonfire): -2.5 hunger; 45% weapon/fire damage; travels at .4 seconds per block; any opponents hit will take 50/2s fire(elemental) damage for 30 seconds
    Tier 3 (+ Nether Essence): -2 hunger; 50% weapon/fire damage; travels at .2 seconds per block; any opponents hit will take 50/2s fire(elemental) damage for 50 seconds; fireball will explode 3 seconds after contact with anything dealing 50 damage to any opponent within AoE of 5x5

Second Skill: Dragon Leap
    -user it thrown up 1 block and forwards 3 blocks the direction the user is facing
    Tier 1: -4 hunger
    Tier 2 (+ Strong Footed): -3.5 hunger; leap forwards 5 blocks; gain Speed2 for 2.5 minutes; opponents hit will take 30% weapon/air damage
    Tier 3 (+ Wings): -3 hunger; leap up 2 blocks and forwards 6 blocks; gain Speed2 and JumpBoost2 for 3 minutes; opponents hit will take 40% weapon/air damage

Third Skill: Mass Destruction
    -using this attack will affect the user with Slowness1, -4 defense, and +3 attack for 30 seconds
    Tier 1: -5 hunger; 120% weapon/fire/earth/lightning damage
    Tier 2 (+ Strong Skin): -4.5 hunger; 130% weapon/fire/earth/lightning damage; Slowness1, -2 defense, and + 4 attack for 1 minute
    Tier 3 (+ Power Increase): -4 hunger; -1 defense, +5 attack for 90 seconds; all opponents hit will gain Slowness1

Forth Skill: Dragon Skin
    -user gains a fiery shield, damaging all opponents who attack
    -gain +5 defense and Resistance1 for 2 minutes
    Tier 1: -4.5 hunger; 20% weapon/fire damage
    Tier 2 (+ Ashen Blood): -4 hunger; 50 fire(elemental) damage; +3 Agility; duration increased to 3 minutes
    Tier 3 (+ Magekiller): -3.5 hunger; any opponents you hit while Dragon Skin is enabled will gain Weakness1 and Slowness1 for 1 minutes

Weapon Example-
    Blade of Light
    Medium Attack Speed
    Neutral Damage: 89-128
    Water Damage: 30-60
    Lightning Damage: 50-70

Level Min. 71
    Strength Min. 20
    Dexterity Min. 20
    Defense Min. 20

+38% Spell Damage
    +10% Loot Bonus
    +4% XP Bonus
    +3 Srength
    +2 Agility
    +400 Health

-1% Fire Water Defense
    -2 Intelligence

Formed from the unknown province Dern, this weapon is filled with dark energy and will corrupt anything near, unless controlled by a true warrior. It is a symbol of the war between the light and the corruption.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    IggyBoii and Submonsterine like this.
  2. The King

The King It's good to have le!

I guess it is nice!

3. Sharubii

Sharubii Random Wolf Dude That Tries To Do Art HERO

Minecraft:
    there's Ozoth, but not an entity dragon really

4. joshua123_4

Yes IK but there are links to dragons within Wynn.

5. Fierstyfirestyle

Fierstyfirestyle Travelled Adventurer

Making requirements to use the class is a very interesting and good idea.

I believe that making Fireball setting your enemies on fire would actully be a disadvantage to you, since if an enemy is on fire and he hits you then you will be on set on fire too. And because fire deals % dmg on Wynncraft you will take alot of dmg from this, evne if you're going defensive.

6. Kahsol

Kahsol Local Serial Liker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nnnnnno.

7. TurtleTheSeawing

TurtleTheSeawing That dragon that's studying magic HERO

Minecraft:
    @CuddleDragonHoke

O-oh wait...

DANG IT I WANTED TO BE THE ONE TO TAG ME HERE FIRST!

In all seriousness I like the idea, but maybe something other than Dragon"warrior" due to there being a warrior class already, it would be kind of odd

Kahsol likes this.
  8. IggyBoii

IggyBoii I Have No Idea What Im Doing VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    theres ozoth.

9. joshua123_4

Thank you for your feedback. I will change these things soon.

TurtleTheSeawing likes this.
  10. joshua123_4

I have made the changes

11. BlahBlah161616

BlahBlah161616 Light Theme User

Guild:
    It lacks a ton:

Weapon?
    Main Attack?
    How is it unique?
    Why do we need this?
    Why does this have a requirement?

12. joshua123_4

Sword / Blade
    Based on weapons
    Because it is a class based of Dern
    Because lots of people want more / different variety of classes
    Because I make overpower classes and... why not?

13. BlahBlah161616

BlahBlah161616 Light Theme User

Guild:
    We don't know what Dern is. And overpowered classes don't normally get accepted. Nor do any class suggestions really.

14. joshua123_4

Well... then I made it because there are links to dragons within Wynn, it's not SUPER overpowered, and yes I know most class suggestions aren't accepted, but I like to do them anyways.

15. IggyBoii

IggyBoii I Have No Idea What Im Doing VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    its a good idea, wynncraft needs a fire based element class thats really defensively and hard to kill, but the fire thing is good, but you can add for example fire resistance, plus with the powder update there most likely is going to be fire resistance and etc.

16. Rucker_

Rucker_ "Reduce lag" -Rucker_, January 10th, 2016 HERO

Minecraft:
    What's the VIP/VIP+ equiv of it?

17. joshua123_4

I will soon add it when I have an ide

18. bobbob9830

bobbob9830 Hi

Guild:
    IMO the name "Dragon Lord" doesnt fit with Wynn's theme at all. It sounds out of place and childish to me :P

19. FishWaffle

FishWaffle It's ya boi VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "The dragon warrior is noble, strong, and loyal. Raised by the mythical dragons of Dern, he has mastered the powers of the elements. He will assist in destroying the corruption, for it has killed his family. But, he will only help those who have proven themselves worthy, only those who have defeated one of the leaders of the corruption, only those who are true legends."

Over all the idea is nice, however, you must remember: The "lore" of the classes is meant to tell you their playstyle, not how you need to roleplay them. What I'm saying is tell us how this class works (like for instance: tank, spellcaster, sneaking, and dps) instead of trying to force our character into have a backstory the player may not want. (Let the player make their own backstory, not the game.)

And second thing I've noticed is that to start off the lore the Wynn Team uses a little quote: Knowledge is power; A good defense is a good offense; The unseen is the deadliest foe; etc. You need to put a quick one liner that gives a basic idea of the class, and draws the reader in.

So in general, avoid lore, and stick to a quick description of the playstyle.

20. joshua123_4

Can I have a suggestion about what it should be named?

EDIT: oh wait.. I forgot... the discription about playstyle is under the stats :P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.