Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

-=i=- The Monetary Minefield [80% Support] -=i=-

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Pairjax, Jan 19, 2016.

?

Is this a point worth investigating?

1. Aw yea!

38 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. Definitely.

7 vote(s)
    12.7%
  3. It's okay.

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  4. Not really.

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  5. Why did you even put this here?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Wynncraft Team knows their stuff already.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Please leave.

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pairjax

Pairjax Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hi, I'm Pairjax. You might not know me, I don't make that much content, and I'm not even level 75 yet in any rank. However, I am someone who loves Wynncraft from the top of the sky to the bottom of the sea. Knowing that, I thought I might as well make a contribution to this wonderful community.

At first I thought, of course, I'll make a suggestion about how to improve the game. I'll talk about how to improve guilds, horses, all of the usual stuff. But after looking around, I began to see a bigger issue, one that really made me think about what makes Wynncraft tick.

Money.

Money is the way this server stays alive, and is sometimes hard to obtain, which isn't in excess for these dedicated workers. With that, I think it would be good to pass around a few of the ways that Wynncraft really can get an excess of money, so that it can get more servers, handle more people, and even use that money for some really great stuff!

Saying this in advance - Sorry if you already knew this stuff! I'm just trying to put it out there, and I'm certainly not trying to say you guys weren't already smart enough to think of these things. I just thought if you hadn't, it wouldn't hurt to put it out there, right?

How to Get Money

When we look at the main sources of money in the indie field, as well as the minecraft community, I see that Wynncraft tries and avoids those things. Things like Pay-To-Win, uncomfortable tricks to make your character somehow feel like something you need to buy. This is not only morally wrong, but leads to less money in the long run. When looking at what Wynncraft needs, we need to look at things which are cheap to make, but are well worth the money to buy and can be cherished.

Think of it like a yearbook - Sure, it might not cost that much to make, and it may be cheaply designed in some regards, but it stores the precious memories and times we've had at school, or in this case, Wynncraft!

The Real-World Shop
    A good way to do this would to have apparel to buy in real life. These are a bit more on the expensive side, but they feel good, look good, and last a long time for the buyer. Inside jokes of the community are great for these sorts of things. A T-shirt with the image 'day zero' and that ridiculous villager would be something I would buy in an instant! Of course that's something worth buying! You think so, your client thinks so. There comes in a much larger flow of income, if you brand the stuff you sell right.

But say clothing is a bit too much to sell, you don't have that money. Just sell pictures! Little desktop paintings of Wynncraft scenarios, and those are cheap, fun, and easy to distribute!

Now, for the real stuff. Here's where I'm going to put down all of the stuff the comments want, and store it all in an organized manner.

I Survived 9/7 T-Shirt or Mousepad

Coffee Mug with Jumla Spelled across it in a Custom Font

Wynncraft Logo Stickers, The Eye Logo Stickers, City-Emblem Stickers. (I thought having city stickers would be pretty cool, it could be collectable!)

Gates to Gavel T-Shirt, Scam Merchant T-Shirt, Bob the Warrior T-Shirt, Nether Gate T-Shirt

New Provinces Teaser T-Shirts (Could help with hype in the future, like Dern.)

Featured Wynncraftian Stickers, Mods & Staff Stickers (Or Pins to put on your shirt!)

... OH, NO, NO. YES! MORE COLOUR, MORE PAINT! I'M OUT OF RED! I'LL JUST USE MY BLOOD! OH! YES! T-Shirt (Definitely the best)

Soon™

For now, that's all we got, but hopefully soon we can get even more cool ideas from myself, and from you guys!

The Not-So-Real-World Shop

So, as we have it now, the gold coin shop is pretty rad. We have all the classics, the skin-changing, the particle effects, but what I think really shines is the bombs. More on that later.

So, what can we do to change this not-so-real-world shop?

Well, first of all, VIP and VIP+, in general, are not often bought. Only dedicated players really will spend their money on things like that. However, we can entice more people with this simply unbelievable idea by @That_Chudley, (really go check out his post, it's really good!) of which we see the genius of giving a very small quantity of gold coins every, let's go with hour you play on Wynncraft as VIP or VIP+. With this, the character has to earn his/her benefit, so he's not just floating in money.

Secondly, if we keep the amount of gold low, it doesn't feel unfair to those who don't have VIP, and for people who want VIP, it can be super-enticing. It doesn't really cost the Wynncraft team anything, and helps give people a reason to become VIP and play more often. It's really a win-win situation for everyone on the team. Moreover, the server will be more full than usual, with people wanting to play more often to get that extra bit of coins so they can make a shout, or have an XP bomb to share with everyone!

I will give a warning to this idea, however. This allows for people to ruin their lives with the lack of a real life to spend, and people latching onto farming too much can be very bad. Play around with this idea very carefully.

Another idea would be to put up the second album for sale! I think we all really do want that. (Please alert me if it is being sold, because I'm gonna buy it literally instantly.)

This section is up to suggestions! Any cool ideas for the shop, aside from bombs, can be put here! Go for it!

The Bombs of the World

Wynncraft knows their stuff when it comes to monetary stuff, and has just the thing for this. Bombs. XP bombs, Item bombs, you name 'em. These are fabulous, and don't need to be changed. Any less and nobody would ever use them. Any more and it'd feel like a game-breaking 'mechanic'. To expand upon this idea, simply add more bombs! What types of bombs? I think I'll let the comments decide on that one. There could be huge opportunity on that division of the game.

Results from the comments:

Some great results have come in from the comments, and I think they'd really improve the Wynncraft experience!

Regen Bombs: Bombs which, on releasing, will give a certain percentage of regen to people on a server. Just like XP bombs, they would be highly efficient for getting xp, and could be used with parties to taking on difficult dungeons, or major bosses.

Gambling Bombs: Bombs which, on releasing, will alert the players in a server that in 1 minute they will be given a randomly selected item for their general level. This gives time for the player to leave space in their inventory to pick that item up.

Battle Bombs: Bombs which, on releasing, will double the health and triple the XP rewards of bosses, dungeons, and Difficulty: High quest mobs (XP applies to the quest, dungeon, and bosses' rewards as well.)

The Real Helping Hand

The truth is, though, that you have no better opportunity to fund your game and help yourselves than by actually asking us. Seriously, we won't mind! Create a Patreon account, get a fundraiser going, just ask us and we'll give you guys what you need. I personally really recommend setting a goal for your funding, and give the world some content for each stepping stone. It's a good way to pace your schedule, and can show you just how great of a community you have!

Of course, this won't work unless you broadcast that you have some form of fundraising program around the server, on the website, anywhere! Get the word out!

Phase 2: Using Money

I don't need to mindlessly lecture you about how to use money; you guys are adults (Or kids, but mature kids!) but there are some things you can really try and do.

In case this all works, and you get excess money, if you have enough, actually put advertisements online! (If allowed in minecraft rules, haven't checked yet.) People enjoy minecraft, and at least a few people might be able to find a small advertisement on a random website and say 'Hey, that looks cool!'

But most of all, use it to fund more awesome trailers online, and maybe hire some awesome people to do stuff for you to drive the hype for ever. Single. Update.

I want to stress that if you can, please try and advertise as much as possible.

Go get 'em, Wynncraft team.

Edit: PLEASE leave comments below about things we really could add. New bombs, techniques for fundraising, and stuff to buy in the gold coin store are ALL valued here!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    Oculus27, Rawb, blu_rei4356 and 16 others like this.
  2. BlahBlah161616

BlahBlah161616 Light Theme User

Guild:
    I wanna Wynncraft mousepad.

Rawb, CheesePrince13 and FishWaffle like this.
  3. Pairjax

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think that's what we all want, my friend.

4. BlahBlah161616

Guild:
    It needs to be water resistant, washable, and sticky so it doesn't slide.

I'm sure that if they legit put up products like that they'd make a lot of money.

5. Pairjax

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm not really sure, I think the best idea would be the fundraiser stuff.

But yeah, that stuff would be all the rage.

6. Kahsol

Kahsol Local Serial Liker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thats my font....

7. Pairjax

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Okay, okay. I'll never use it again.

8. Kahsol

Kahsol Local Serial Liker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    *holsters gun* I thought so.

9. The One-eyed Guy

The One-eyed Guy that guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    rip dark theme users

Rawb, quasar, CheesePrince13 and 3 others like this.
  10. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I honestly like this. Theres nothing overblown about this other than stating the fact. I guess this might make people more willing to buy stuff and to stop saying that wynncraft is pay2win which it isn't. Wynncraft is unique not only in play style but in the fact that its completely balanced.

Rawb, CheesePrince13 and Pairjax like this.
  11. TrashcanMan

TrashcanMan Hello I am here

I would buy Wynncraft T-shirts, especially an "I survived 9/7" one
    Also they should put the OST up for sale again, I didn't get it the first time around and now I want it
    A fundraiser actually seems like a pretty legit idea, I would donate a little

12. Pairjax

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thank you very much.

13. The One-eyed Guy

The One-eyed Guy that guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The "none" color works on both themes.

Pairjax likes this.
  14. Pairjax

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thanks.

The One-eyed Guy likes this.
  15. Cubie

Cubie VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yea, The Fundraising seems like a good idea.
    The issue with merch is that it's expensive for the Sellers, and since we're still relatively small, It's not something we can do just yet.

CheesePrince13 likes this.
  16. BlahBlah161616

Guild:
    ACTUALLY, if you guys were to do the fundraiser to gain money to sell the goods, then you guys could sell people goods, which people would buy because they love Wynncraft.

Pairjax likes this.
  17. Pairjax

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Exactly what I was thinking. I just wanted to get it all down first, but the idea of fundraising to be able to sell those goods could be something. I just want this to be the platform for the Wynn team to talk in-depth about monetary issues, because if Wynncraft is already the best Minecraft server i've ever seen as it is now, just imagine how great it could be if it had the money to fund something even bigger.

Cubie likes this.
  18. FishWaffle

FishWaffle It's ya boi VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I dunno about you, but I'd buy the hell outta some merch. (talking 7 shirts for every day of the week)
    Though I do understand what you are saying, what we need is some sort of Fundraiser, I'm sure many people would happily give money for some cool merchandise.

I do want to see this server grow bigger, I shudder to think of what other servers I'd be playing on if I never discovered this gem. This has definitely earned its way to my favorite server.

19. daypxl

daypxl Exile HERO

Minecraft:
    Actually, that's Howard Kettler's font. :smilingimp:

Rawb, then perish, FishWaffle and 4 others like this.
  20. reedico

reedico Well-Known Adventurer

I would buy a T-Shirt saying "Soon" or I would buy a coffee maker called "Jumla's headquarters"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.