Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Bosses.

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by (Meric), Jan 12, 2016.

?

Ok idea?

1. Nah

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Ya

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. :_:

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is one of those stupid suggestions like "REDUCE LAG!" but here me out first. So as Igbar addressed bosses are very annoying as they have massive hp and take a loooong time to kill (A group of 16 people around level 80 took quite a long time to baet Qira) More hp does not mean more fun and hard. Its just becomes a very long and annoying boss fight. So far there is only one un-generic boss in wynncraft, I believe that each boss should have at least 4 spells. It wouldn't be way to hard to code. You could simply take pre-existing spells and add them, for example, a Evil Wizard boss with Meteor and teleport, and Summoning would be a great boss. You couldn't camp the boss in a corner or else it would tp around. It could rain about 5 meteors around the map every so often making it so you have to constantly move (The meteor would have a 8 second fall time with Particles showing you the path) and it would summon minions to support it. The minions would have a combo of melee, and ranged. Another feature which I want to add which is also very easy to add, is flight, Yes some bosses should be able to fly or something. Nothing crazy but it would be something like the boss being above a bat (Or riding a bat) so the boss would move around in a random pattern at a relativly low height so that class can still hit it.

Overall a boss idea would be a mob with,
    -The ability to randomly ride a bat and move around the area for about 10 seconds,
    -A chain of 5 teleports going all over the map and causing blindness and damage wherever it lands. (Like a grade 3 teleport)
    -The ability to rain 5 meteors (Or lightning or whatever) around the map with a 8 second fall time and a particle showing the hit zone.
    -Would summon a group of 3 mobs with two melee and 1 ranged mob every 20 seconds.
    -A 5 block ranged attack for a main damager
    -Text for everytime it casts a spell.

Why I think some bosses should be like this (The idea above was a example) The boss above uses pre-existing code which makes it easier to create. The boss is as able to move around with random movements which causes you to not be able to camp it. The meteor attack would have to make you move around and react to it creating a unique experience and making you utilize your movment spells. The unique text also makes it better.

2. Energyxxer

Energyxxer Wynncraft "Nonahybrid" VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You see, as much as we try to make bosses interesting, we're always using the same system, the mob system, that is responsible for all other regular mobs, too. A better system like that would be incredibly frustrating to implement, and because what is qualified as a "good" boss battle involves it being unique, it would be pretty much impossible or contradictory to make a system that allows for this because, as I said in my FW:
    The only route around that is using command blocks, and not a lot of GMs know how to use command blocks. They often ask someone who does to create that for them, limiting them to the command blocker's time, creativity, knowledge and patience.

3. Yeoldmama

Yeoldmama Travelled Adventurer

I hoavn't been around long enough to know if this is needed, but it sounds like it would be a better way to go about boss fights.

4. Lapsy

Lapsy Everything I say is serious, don't question that.

Guild:
    This is a problem, and some bosses I've fought aren't the most "creative", but really, the mob system limits them. At some point, they will upgrade the system, but for this specifially, I don't think its worth a 3 month or more overhaul on the system, or hours that top builders/GM's can be doing on quests and cool items but are then doing on CB's.

As much as I support this (I really want creative and rewarding bosses that take an entire medium-sized guild to defeat), this sums up the problems that can happen and why its either impossible or excrutiantingly hard.

5. IggyBoii

IggyBoii I Have No Idea What Im Doing VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bob can fly, he summons arrows for it to fall on the land, and theres mobs there.

6. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I dont think bob flies. (Well not when I fought him after Gavel) and you can still camp bob in a corner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.