Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Alchemy System [20 Votes: 80% Supporters]

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Metroite, Jan 10, 2016.

?

Would you use this System ?

1. No, I like it how it is right now.

20.0%
  2. No, I don't want to learn recipes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, but it needs some optimisations... (Feel free to suggest!)

35.0%
  4. Yes, I would love such potions.

45.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metroite

Metroite Skilled Adventurer

There is a Potion-Merchant selling some potions, but a system wehre you can also make your own potions would be much better!

Here's my Skyrim-Like suggestion!

To brew potions you'll need to buy a [Couldron] at the Potion-Merchant, if you now place your [Couldron] a couldron will appear with particle effects (disappears after 1 use). Now you'll need to fill it with neutral water
    which you can buy at the Bucket-Merchant (already existing). If you now just take it out with empty bottles, you would just get water bottles, but if you throw ingredients like flowers and mushrooms in the correct order you'll get more usefull items and if you fail you'll get a Thick Potion or a Mudane Potion.

Ingredients are found everywhere around the world, they are found like the mushrooms in Nivla Woods and they all have a diffrent effect.

Maybe adding an Ingredients-Merchant ?

Example:

Orchid (Found on graves)
    Full with souls (+Soul Soulpoint)
    Ingredients

Oxeye (Found in cave entrances)
    Healthy energy (+Mana)
    Ingredients

Recipe Example:
    3x Orchid + 1x Oxeye + 1x Mushroom = Potion of Souls (+5 Soul Points)

To prevent lags:
    Ingredients are like pots, you need to destroy them and not kill them. (Also Mushrooms and Apples should get this overwork)
    Destroyable items could get some particles. (3 Particles a second)

F.A.Q.: (This F.A.Q. could expand!)

Don't add ingredients! Just use Junk-Items!

All Items that are Junk-Items could also be used to brew! There is no limitation.

The Potion of Souls is too OP!!!
    This is a "Recipe Example", it may or may not be added!

What's with the other potions ?
    They could be complety replaced by this system or they can just stay.

It defeats the prupose of other potions at the Potion-Merchant!
    It does not, people will be lazy and buy potions from others or at the Potion-Merchant.

If this is "Skyrim-Like", then people should first discover which effect a Ingredients-Item has!
    I also thought about this, but I think that people would get very confused, but if the Dev's would like a discover feature they could just add it! :)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
    Pairjax likes this.
  2. yojurriaan

yojurriaan Well-Known Adventurer

Sounds complicated, needs more work. Concept sounds ok.

3. Metroite

It's just like in Skyrim! :D

4. Paradoxical

Paradoxical Machina Infinitum VIP

Minecraft:
    Interesting... I think the cauldron should be an npc found at potion merchant's houses though, and not something you place, otherwise trolls could abuse it. Anyway, if you are going for a Skyrim-like system then I recommend making all recipes secret and you having to experiment with ingredients to find out.

5. MarkedForDeath

MarkedForDeath Finder of Kronos' Lair

Minecraft:
    I like the idea of Alchemy in Wynncraft, but it'd be a lot better to use misc. and junk items we have that don't have much use. Wheat and apples would make good ingredients for example.

6. Defunct Fighter

Defunct Fighter Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Erm, hasn't this been done before with more detail? It's a good idea, but multiple people have gone above and beyond in multiple directions....

7. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    1. Please add some more detail, since there is very little to describe the suggestion.
    2. The Potion of Souls is extremely OP, since Soul Points take 20 Minutes to regen normally / 1 Hour offline.
    3. Possibly add some recipes for already existing potions? It defeats the purpose if we still have to buy Skill/Mana/Health potions.

Did you ever think you couldn't? With the new Couldron from Wynncraft Industries(c), you could!

8. Metroite

I already thought about this, but I think other players would get very confused.

This was just an example. I just wanted to show the Wynn-Team this concept! :)

9. Pairjax

Pairjax Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Once again, great idea! I'll make this short, on your horse idea I made a real essay. Simply put, I think it would be more useful to string out potion merchants across the world, just as common as identifiers, so that one could have someone to make potions for at all times, and depending on what level you are, the higher level potions you could make! Many places in Wynncraft already have flowers you can find and collect, as well as the 'Junk' items which you really throw away and don't really sell being a possible use for cheap and handy potions. You really have some great ideas for Wynncraft going!

The only thing I have to say is that for the beginners in Wynncraft, we should probably allow them to be given a few potions just to begin with so that they don't have to get confused with a whole new mechanic near the beginning. Maybe at level 15-20 there could be a quest which introduces the concept of potion brewing!

Very good idea, and I think it might be something cool to add, but I think it would come WAY in the future, like with Dern!

Thanks,

Le Thaumaturge

10. Metroite

Thanks for your feedback, again. I'll try to optimise this suggestion! :)

11. Metroite

UPDATED THIS POST!

Please tell me what I could optimise!

It does not help this suggestion if people
    just say "Yes, but it needs some optimisations".
    I can try to optimise this post, but
    I would need some feedback. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.