Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Real Uses Of 1.9 In Wynncraft

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by SPYROHAWK, Jan 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPYROHAWK

SPYROHAWK Head Grand Theorist HERO

Minecraft:
    So a thread was just put up on how we could use lingering potions in wynncraft. I would like to start by saying the thread was bad. It lacked detail, only talked about lingering potions (when the title said 1.9 in general), and was just an overall mess.

So I have taken it upon myself to put what I think could be new things added in 1.9 (or some of them in 1.8). Please comment what you think, and yeah!

Firstly we could make the assassins smoke bomb give glowing. So while the enemy is blinded, everyone else has a clear view.

Second we could use levitation for a dungeon where you need to go up and down a lot of chambers.

Thirdly (I think this would be cool) (this one will take a while to explain) we have "bombs". Let me explain how this works. In 1.9 you can check a person dropping a specific item. So lets say we have a scoreboard that tracks a player dropping tnt called bomb_drop. And then execute at any tnt item within 5 blocks of a player with bomb_drop_min=1 a scoreboard called bomb_light. It then sets any player with bomb_drop_min=1 back to 0. Then any tnt item with bomb_light will get a bomb_lifetime scoreboard that goes up every tick the item is alive for. At around 5 seconds (100 ticks) it explodes, destroying the tnt item in the process. Now wynncraft probobly already has ways to make explosions without destroying blocks, but if not, here is my way. Summon in an invisible creeper named "Bomb" that is ignited and has a fuse of 0. If you have mob griefing off, it should work. There could me merchants in smaller towns like rymek, luesco, selchar, maltic, and other places. Bombs could be sold with different fuses and explosion powers.

Fourthly (sorry for the wall of text in the last one) we could have tipped arrows. That way it would be easier to make a ranged mob that blinds you or whatever. It would also be cool for new spells. An archer could have a poison arrow, and an assassin could "throw a knife" (shoot an arrow) that gives slowness and weakness or whatever.

Fifthly (I think I am going to stop with the numbers now) we could have places where you need to drop down onto hay to negate fall damage (it adds more variety than just water all the time)

We also could (see how I had no number there) have loot tables that would make mob drops a whole hella of a lot easier. And you could buy potions of luck to help with getting loot! Or mobs could give you bad luck which makes it harder to grind.

We also could have lingering potions (poison or harming) as throwable negative things (renamed and retextured of coarse)

We could have cooler ghost mobs. Right now we just have invisible zombies with armor. What we could do would be have mobs be invisible, but with the glowing affect.

It would also bee cooler for mobs. I don't know if mobs use the new health system, or the normal heart system. If they are using the heart system, this would be my idea. You can give mobs whatever armor you want! If you want a zombie with full diamond armor resistance, give it leather armor or no armor. Use entity data or attribute modifiers to modify the armor value

No ELYTRA. That would just be stupid. Too OP

Shields for the warrior.

My favorite part: Charms. Like we have rings and stuff, we could have charms that only take effect when held in the off hand.

Off hand in general.

You could have cool arenas where AoE clouds appear during the battle, giving bad effects like weakness, slowness, mining fatigue (slow attack speed), nauea, negative resistance, and blindness

New attack speeds tags which are fully customizable

New command blocks making usage easier

Virtually unlimited item textures

So yeah thats all I can think of for now. I will add more later. Tell me what you think!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    Kahsol, Arreme, IggyBoii and 2 others like this.
  2. SPYROHAWK

Minecraft:
    bumpity bump bump

3. Metroite

Metroite Skilled Adventurer

This isn't a good idea and elytras would be perfect for Wynncraft. Big map, fast travel. Makes sense for me.

4. SPYROHAWK

Minecraft:
    It would be OP. Go on top of mount Wynn can you could go all the way to Nessak.

And can you please tell me what part of this you dislike? You just said the whole thing was bad

OrientGamer likes this.
  5. Sinom

Sinom Some random guy you probably never heard of VIP

Minecraft:
    there wouldn't be enough high places to use elytra and if you were somewhere like cinfras you could fly from the airport to an area you are not suposed to go to

6. SPYROHAWK

Minecraft:
    Exactly

7. Sinom

Minecraft:
    and don't forget you could replace the armorstands used in spells with the areaeffectcloud mob and give them a life duration what would make everything a lot less laggy (armorstands even get rendered when they are invisible)(you don't need another line of code to remove the armorstands again cause areaeffectclouds disapear after a time you can set)

8. SPYROHAWK

Minecraft:

Are armor stands used in spells? I did not realize that. Will add

9. Metroite

Wynncraft uses plugins, they aren't using any command blocks. This just wouldn't make any sense to me...
    But there are other cool aspects which you could use from the 1.9. But those are just vanilla commands.

10. SPYROHAWK

Minecraft:
    Yeah I thought the spells were plugin... But btw, they started using command blocks for gavel.

And what other aspects? Cuz I have more here than just conmand blocks.

-removed armor stand spell stuff-

11. Sinom

Minecraft:
    most of the newer plugins are just using comands but executing them from a console instead of a commandblock
    i noticed armorstands poping up sometimes when i did the icesnape spell or just attacked with my wand in general so i downloaded the world whist i was using spells and noticed there where armorstands everywhere. they even use them for npcs and stuff like that

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  12. Metroite

I don't know if you guys know the 1.9 good enough to understand this, but I wont explain it further because iam lazy.
    1.9 now has more resourcepack support, you can have 1561 textures or models for a diamond sword and the bow can have 384 diffrent textures or models. With this ability you won't need to make a stone_slab to be a wand. You can just use a sword or a bow for everything! Also works with Fishing Rods. (<-- Makes it possible to have retractable projectiles (new weapons ?))
    You could also use the new items and systems like how you said the tipped arrows or the Area Effect Cloud. But command blocks wouldn't make sense to me. (I know how command blocks work and what they can)
    A 1.9 Wynncraft update is !necessary! but not like how you said.

13. SPYROHAWK

Minecraft:
    Thank you. I forgot the textures

Btw I know like everything 1.9, so I think I know better (you said you don't know much)

14. yojurriaan

yojurriaan Well-Known Adventurer

Elytras should have temporary use, and can only be used from certain "stations". Kinda like gliders in Far Cry 4 :)

15. SPYROHAWK

Minecraft:
    Perhaps for like a certain part of a quest. I don't feel like it would be good to have access to it otherwise

16. yojurriaan

yojurriaan Well-Known Adventurer

Having some "glider" stations around the ocean would be nice. Just small islands with towers with gliders on them. So you can fly from island to island :) Perhaps a quest is required to use these gliders?

17. SPYROHAWK

Minecraft:
    oh and like once you land, you loose the glider? I see. Perhaps. I mean, there are beacon/scout towers all around Wynn, even in the ocean I think...

18. GodlySkull

GodlySkull Skilled Adventurer

Guild:
    im here to read

19. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Prettu good ideas. Also 1.9 has improved commandblocks so it may make less lag as gavel uses command blocks

20. Nano_Chen

Nano_Chen -Laptop User-

the one i really like to the part with the levitating dungeons

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.