Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Double Xp For Vips Feedback - Part 2!

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Salted, Dec 6, 2015.

?

Yay or Nay?

1. Yay!

2. Nay...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xKindredKinesis

xKindredKinesis .[_]. VIP

Minecraft:
    That and people will come and steal your grinding spot, because they have to get close in order to get your XP Bonus.
    That was one of the bigger arguments towards the idea of Golden Sheep.

In any case, I think I'd prefer @xXImShietXx's idea, if the one I came up with is unreasonable.

2. Semx11

Semx11 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Or the radius could be increased.
    Conclusion: It's hard to create/implement something that would lead to more income, but won't break the EULA, nor affect users' game-play in an annoying way (e.g. 9 year-old kids jumping in front of your screen because they think that the center of the radius gives the highest bonus)

Gogeta and xKindredKinesis like this.
  3. Cubie

Cubie VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    499s Yay's

4. xKindredKinesis

xKindredKinesis .[_]. VIP

Minecraft:
    *500 Yay's
    [​IMG]

Cubie likes this.
  5. Xykeal

Xykeal hello HERO

Minecraft:
    Suggestion: mahbe the VIP could receive shared xp that the non donors get? Kinda like party's

6. bobbob9830

bobbob9830 Hi

Guild:
    Can we get an update on this... Or?

XavierEXE likes this.
  7. Malkavian

Malkavian Formerly known as SansWolf ^^ VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hey everyone i have read the discussion here and thought that i might be a part if it :)
    I have a suggestion and a question:
    Suggestion:
    The totem/sheep could give 2x xp to the VIP(+) and his party in a radius of (insert radius here) and in a radius around that circle it could give others 2x(or 1.5 or whatever) not inside the vip's circle.
    This would fix grindspotstealing but could be abused to make only yourself get more xp.

Question:
    There are many other "normal" minecraft servers that have kits with ranks. Just how doesn't that break the EULA?

8. Wraith132

Wraith132 Wraith132

As I said before, What about all the veteran cup players. I believe we deserve something as well as I bought cup and a pet to donate to wynncraft

9. Malkavian

Malkavian Formerly known as SansWolf ^^ VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nonono i didn't say that ;) i was just qurios :)
    And i was wondering why they are not shut down

10. Fread

Fread Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    how abt perks for veteran?

11. Red_Fox_Rogue

Red_Fox_Rogue Big fan of cacti VIP+

Minecraft:
    My only concern is that this might be against the EULA. It would be giving gameplay bonuses to something less than the entire server, more critically meaning that everyone else has an approximately equal chance of getting the double EXP, but the VIP who played it has a 100% chance. I don't really care about fairness as a non-VIP, but Mojang has taken strides to enforce the EULA recently.

12. org36

org36 Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    The only way it wouldn't break the EULA is if it gave a mini-xp bomb that does x1.5 (or less) and has the same duration as the totems. The totems themselves have the problem of having a range, which can be "fixed" by announcing to the world the coordinates where it was placed (which would mean stealing grinding spots would become more common and quite a bit of random spam from people placing totems). Basically, anything that has a range set on it is against the EULA, and not having a range is basically an xp bomb. You can't compromise on something that would basically need an entire overhaul to achieve something.

13. Moe_Ronickah

Moe_Ronickah Traveling through hyperspace . . .. CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Have any of you read the EULA for yourselves? If you answer "yes", then, when was the last time that your read it? Did you know that the MC EULA was last updated in October of 2015? If not, and you have not read it for yourselves, you may, and I am definitely saying may, be wrong as to what changes Microsoft has made to the MC EULA. I've posted about this on page 13 of this thread, and in several other threads. It seems to me that MS & MC have made it clear that as long as everyone can get the same items, same abilities, and same levels, that that is what the EULA is talking about with servers, about what is and what is not acceptable. It's my interpretation, and I'm not a lawyer nor a barrister.

@periwink1999 : You said, above, that "Mojang has taken strides to enforce the EULA recently." Would you kindly post some example links for this, as it would really help me, at least, to get a better idea of what Mojang considers to be acceptable and non-acceptable in their EULA? Thanks, in advance!

Gogeta and jpmrocks like this.
  14. Red_Fox_Rogue

Red_Fox_Rogue Big fan of cacti VIP+

Minecraft:
    I was specifically referring in this case to modifications of one server which prevents ANY type of gameplay bonus to a specific subset of people on a single server (server in this case referring to a distinct IP, as opposed to a network). Mojang threatened to take the server down if it did not comply. it did. Additionally, they have been more and more clear to many servers that any gameplay preference at all to donating customers, with the same threat associated with it.

In some cases, the changes have been extreme enough to suggest that there cannot exist a paid currency that is distinct from actual currency. This means that Wynncraft is currently in technical violation, though it being a smaller server I assume it has been overlooked. I speak with caution here because instituting a more clear EULA violation could force the removal or significant change of gold coins in their current state.

I believe that announcing coords for totems should alleviate the problem, though mojang kinda does what they want anyway. I assume if that is the case, it will be kept quiet enough that there won't be a problem. You mention some problems with it, but surely any implementation is better than none at all.

15. Moe_Ronickah

Moe_Ronickah Traveling through hyperspace . . .. CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    OK, I searched through google, based upon your statement, and the latest information on this that I came up with was definitely not "recently".
    Therefore, I asked you to post one or more links to show me where you had obtained this information from, because, if Mojang is doing something new, it would be very important to know it, especially as Mojang clarified their EULA recently. Your response was:
    You did not provide even one link to show where you got this information from. Instead, what you did, was to refer to what may or may not have happened, as if a rumor was factual information. This is the same type of chatter that happened when Mojang first changed their EULA, and it was proven to come from one server owner, who was proven to have no basis for his claims that Mojang had specifically said anything to him.

So now, I'm left with saying this bluntly: you said that Mojang has recently moved "to enforce the EULA" concerning servers. Show it to me. Otherwise, you're just spouting nonsense.

16. petethepug

petethepug Skilled Adventurer

I dont see why not.
    To all you people disagreeing you are weridos o_o

Gogeta likes this.
  17. gavriel330

gavriel330 The Chief Of The Guild Knights Of The Blood Oath

I Think Pets (If No Damage Or Pickups) Will Give You Some Buffs Like: Loot Bonus, XP Bonus & Spell Damage

OR

VIP - 3-6 Totems
    VIP + Vet - 6-8 Totems
    VIP+ - 8-9 Totems
    VIP+ + Vet - 9-10 Totems
    :saltedhappy:

18. Crackalackin

Crackalackin Travelled Adventurer

I think they should get their perma 2x multiplier back for one simple reason: it's not something restricted to pay. Pay to win implies a system of acquiring something that can't be earned in-game that gives a significant advantage in terms of gameplay. Xp is earned regardless of paying or not. The only thing the multiplier affects is the time played. Levels themselves don't apply a boost or alter gameplay in any way; they merely open new areas. There are no advantages to swift leveling. There aren't special horses, pets, items, titles, or anything else associated with leveling milestones to my knowledge. This means that xp is in no way tied to in-game advantages so an xp booster can not be considered pay-to-win.

What are XP boosters, then? They are simply convenience. If I level from 1-100 strictly by grinding, a 2x multiplier will cut my leveling time in half. Nothing more, nothing less. Is this a necessary feature? No. Are people without it held back or left at a disadvantage? No. If it's going to take me 100 hours of gameplay grinding to hit level 100, then is it worth 50$ (a vip+ package with perma 2x buff) to save me 50 hours of grinding? Honestly, to me it would be. I'd prefer to level my char quickly so I can just spend time grinding endgame items with my brothers. I'd shell out 50$ for that and they probably would too. But for someone with less income or a stingier wallet, the dollar per hour rate of saved time might not interest them and that's fine. Ultimately, they missed nothing in the game and I received nothing that gave me a real, definable advantage over them in-game; we'll still use the same weapons, same armor, same mounts, and fight the same bosses at the same difficulty, it'll just take them twice as long to get there. This is the very definition of convenience.

Now, if there were special items, titles, mounts, etc. that were earnable by being in the top X% of levelers, then it'd be a different story. But since that's not the case, there's absolutely no reason not to give a permanent xp multiplier buff to people willing to pay for it. Trying to manage XP drop zones is cumbersome and allows other people to ruin the gameplay experience of the vip members which makes it a counter-intuitive business approach for paying customers. Why would someone purchase something that makes their gaming experience less enjoyable?

19. DarkestKnight

DarkestKnight Travelled Adventurer

Yeah the double time xp was a big reason for me to buy VIP, even VIP just gives you visual upgrades it would be cool if you get extra classes or 2x xp but well I helped the server with my donation ;D

XavierEXE likes this.
  20. IggyBoii

IggyBoii I Have No Idea What Im Doing VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    okay vip and vip + are basically useless because of EULA no double exp, no more pets fighting with you, and assassin class isnt vip no more, etc, i still like the stats of riding, and stuff like that, its only useful if it still gives more sp then noranks, or any other thing.

Slyarcticwolf and XavierEXE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.