Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Balancing Classes To Improve Gameplay

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Johnny183, Jan 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny183

Johnny183 Travelled Adventurer

I don't think you quite understand the post. It is meant to suggest that every class is different have advantages and disadvantages. I only targeted the warrior as being the weakest since I play that character and compared it to my Archer character and saw the disadvantages. What is meant to represent is that every class should have different advantages in combat.

2. Sanae_pls

Sanae_pls That Fucking Dark Wizard

The only thing I see that needs a rebalance is mage lol

Cruuk likes this.
  3. Johnny183

I feel that all the classes need to have some changes done to them to make them all different in some shape or form. Which is a big task to ask of the developers but would be worth it in the end.

4. Cubie

Cubie VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Actually, The gear was very similar.
    I used War Scream as a heal, which can be really good for this, and Uppercut as my main damage dealer. Warrior makes up for the lack of range by:
    -Charge. This spell allows you to come close to enemies quickly.
    -AoE. All of Warrior's attacks have a wide range in front of them. (To the sides, not far) You can hit many enemies at once, while attacks like Ice Snake and Arrow storm require more precision.
    -Extra Defense. Warrior is WAY beefier. He can easily come close with way less issues than any other class.

Why Archer isn't OP:
    -Can be cornered.
    -Takes way more damage.

Why Mage isn't OP:
    -Low DPS, unless played very well.
    -Few close range attacks. (Meteor can't be used close range since its waiting time, and Ice snake can't hit multiple enemies at once (If they're next to each other))

Paradoxical and Goliaith513 like this.
  5. Sanae_pls

Finally, someone who uses Warrior somewhat close to mine

6. Cubie

Cubie VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hue.
    Mana Steal War Scream OP.
    Also, if you're used to doing Uppercuts, you can 'pre-fire' them. This means doing the attack before the enemy hit the ground again. The mob will be as good as stuck if you continue it.

7. Sanae_pls

I call it "The restoring scream"
    Using it basically gives me full hp and mana

Cubie likes this.
  8. Johnny183

The archer can use his escape perk to get out. What I ask is that there is more specific class loot so that classes can all be different in certain ways so players have to work together to overcome some of the higher level dungeons and bosses.

9. Cubie

Cubie VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Armor shouldn't be different for each class though. It would suck for Trading, and you'd hate to find that a chest has tons of gear you'll never be able to use.
    Wynncraft's new elemental system is slightly designed to be 'broken'.
    The owners want people to play around with a ton of different things to make each class as OP as they can.
    This would totally limit your options as well. Salted isn't going to make another 3k items just for this? Especially since it's not too great of an idea.

You want Warrior to get a health buff through either leveling or Armor, well..
    You'll get it through the Damage resistance. This 20% Damage res. Gives approximately thesame outcome as a Health buff or different armor would, but with way less negatives... So why change it?

10. mikelegend123

mikelegend123 Gone VIP+

Minecraft:
    Warrior, Mage and Archer are all really useful in their own ways right now! Lets all agree that assassin really sucks right now though x)

Hanky likes this.
  11. Johnny183

Well you wound not have to make 3k more items for every class. You already have all the gear, all you do is that when a certain class is wearing that gear it changes the stats slightly to fit that class better. It can still have the same states like it is currently in the game but depending on what class you use it might have more health or different bonuses to states and such. It is a lot of work of course but in the end classes will be balanced so that you HAVE to work as a team to overcome certain bosses and that is the best part about MMOs like Wynncraft. Working as a team to beat the hardest boss or whatever it may be. Every class has it advantages and its disadvantages and I think that would work out really well.

12. Cubie

Cubie VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I actually kind of like the idea of an item changing depending on your class, when you wear it.
    I don't know if it's.. necessary though? All classes are pretty balanced in my opinion.. (apart from assassin maybe but he is broken)

The issue with this is that you don't know what you're buying before you wear it. You don't know exactly how the item will change depending on your class, which could be a problem in trading/finding an armorpiece which you can't wear yet.

13. Johnny183

Well there could be a work around for that we could think of. Thanks for the your opinions on the matter and I appreciate that you posted.

Cubie likes this.
  14. Goliaith513

Goliaith513 Guardian of Eltom

Guild:
    I also want to put out there that causing an item to change based on the specific class that it needs to adhere to would need a lot more coding than necessary. Why change something that isn't broken. Also, I would disagree that assassins are bad, considering their highest skill gives them the ability to control who the hit with it by moving their head. This ability is amazing when fighting bosses. Also, archers do have the lowest defence in the games, which in turn causes them to have a high damage output. Warriors have the highest defence in the games, which in turn, they can get into a fight, and not die.

Let's go with the fight against Qira for instance, considering by your complaints you aren't a high enough level to have the appropriate gear for at the moment. Warriors and assassins stand in the front CCing the boss. In the back, mages are healing/damaging and the archers are providing more damage.

All classes have their strong suits and are op in their own way. Now the one thing I agree upon with assassins is they need a slight buff to their vanish skill.
    a) mana degeneration causes the user to fall out of vanish before the timer even runs out.
    b) vanish costs more than the escape spell of the archer.
    c) Their smoke bomb is ineffective of mobs.

In contrast archers:
    a) Need their "ground pound" skill from escape to actually provide their debuffs on mobs, as they do not always proc
    b) Require other players for most bosses of their equivalent level.

Mages:
    a) Have difficulty with bosses of their level and need a damage dealer/tank to assist them
    b) Are screwed when they are out of mana (hint hint: Buy mana steal and mana regen items)

Warriors:
    a) Can do a lot of shit on their own
    b) Only require assistance on high regeneration bosses (IE Floor 5/6/7 ToA/Qira bosses)

yes, most classes are a disadvantage in situations.
    yes, certain classes are op
    no, they aren't imbalanced in ways of mechanics
    no, they don't need class specified armors

My point here is that, every class is overpowered to a certain degree bases on your play style.
    If you aren't "OP", than you:
    a) aren't building your skills correctly
    b) aren't playing your class how you should
    c) haven't taken the advice of other players
    d) need to complete more quests for better items
    e) are just so damn unlucky that you should never buy a scratchoff ticket.

15. Johnny183

I'm pretty unlucky like just now I put an item into the identifier and as I put it in the server crashed and when I got back on I lost the item. 1 in a million chance. :( I do understand what your saying and yes it may be that I am doing something wrong but like I said. I am new and just pointing out the flaws that I thought were there. I will come back and re-do this argument when I have a better understanding of all the classes. Thanks for the input!

16. Goliaith513

Guild:
    Post some screens of your eqiupment and skill point allocation, may I can assist.
    Sadly I am an archer, but I can still give advice on your allocations.

17. Johnny183

18. Goliaith513

Guild:
    Here is my equipment and allocations:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

As you can see, I am very mobility heavy. That is my focus, and that is how I play, so I built to match my play style.
    Okay from what I can see (I don't know what Items you have) and what I have been told by a few buddies. As a warrior, it you are building takn, you want to build up your defence mainly, and then your strength. Intelligence is useful as well as it can make you waste less mana on spells IE spamming uppercut. When you have reached the ability to use the tower of amnesia, I suggest allocating 40+ into your defence and strength, and the rest in intelligence.

19. Johnny183

Alright thanks for the tips!

20. Goliaith513

Guild:
    No problem!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.