Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Tinkers And Weapon Mending

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by thanks, Dec 30, 2015.

?

Do you support "Tinkers and Weapon Mending"?

1. Yes, I do.

62.5%
  2. No, I don't.

37.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thanks

thanks Well-Known Adventurer

If you notice any flaws or things that should be changed, please comment below. Thanks.

What are Tinkers?

Have you ever had a weapon you enjoyed using, but it has a certain flaw to it? Tinkers can fix it for you! Tinkers would be placed into smaller towns within Wynn and Gavel, they would be able to improve your current weapon by mending it together with other weapons and junk materials. Of course, it would cost emeralds as well.

How will this work?
    Much like the Item Identifier interface, you'd put in your weapon and materials that you wish for the tinker to mend into the weapon. These materials would consist of mob drops, weapons, and accessories. However, the rarity of the item you wish to improve would determine the cost.

System?

Permanent Changes:
    When you mend a weapon it becomes accustom to you! It cannot be traded with other players, as that would make the system game breaking. I wouldn't want high level players mending low level weapons for their friends or making profit from them. Mending changes are permanent, and make the mended weapon attached to you forever.

Weapon Mending:
    Of course, this will not be as easy as grabbing random materials and shoving them into the interface with your weapon. Certain materials, will alter certain aspects and not all Tinkers have the same capability. Tinkers in more dangerous areas will be able to mend your weapons to higher extents. With that, each weapon can only be mended three times, excessive mending would break the weapon.

Mending Capabilities:
    You can change the attack speed, the damages, and slightly change the effects.

Renaming:
    Most weapons are bound to a certain name, but the Tinkers can change that. If you wish to change the name of your tinkered weapon, you may.

What a weapon would like after: (Random titling)

Staff of Lost Warriors
    Custom Title
    Mended Weapon

[Regular Statistics]

Notable Suggestions:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    Rawb, Eridan Ampora and Leon24_03 like this.
  2. Seberichsen

Seberichsen That one Phoenix that isn't like the others VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Quick question could I the "ting" My Bobs weabon with let sat poison touch and get All effects from both

3. The One-eyed Guy

The One-eyed Guy that guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This might be hard to code, as the modified weapon would have it's own unique stats.

CheesePrince13 likes this.
  4. thanks

Please explain.

5. TrashcanMan

TrashcanMan Hello I am here

It's a very interesting idea, could we get some examples of how it would work?

6. The One-eyed Guy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well, you're adding new statistics to it by combining weapons, right? There must be tons of combinations.

7. thanks

Yes, there is plenty of combinations. You wouldn't get an entire new weapon however, it would act like an enchantment. It would be added to your weapon.

The One-eyed Guy likes this.
  8. TrashcanMan

TrashcanMan Hello I am here

Your explanation is good but I'd just like an example with a theoretical weapon, material, and stats stuff so I know how it would work in game.

9. Seberichsen

Seberichsen That one Phoenix that isn't like the others VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So Can i combine one weabon with another and get all benefits and debuffs from both?

10. Lesliep

Lesliep Lazy Wynn Mage

Minecraft:
    I think the idea is to take your weapon and add other items, not necessarily weapons to it. I'm guessing to either remove debuffs or enhance the current statistics

11. quasar

quasar wuh

wouldnt it be the number of weapons factorial, I mean factorial like 3! = 6 =3x2x1. Thats a huge number

12. The One-eyed Guy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I have no idea what you just said. Phrase it better, please?

13. thanks

Weapons combined with other weapons would not combine the stats of the two weapons. It would add some stats, not all.

14. whiteXD12

whiteXD12 The Northern Lights - Aurora HERO

Minecraft:
    i quoted the wrong speech, but too lazy, when you said.. soul bounded to you, that means you can't get the level 20 bow you once tinkered off you?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  15. quasar

quasar wuh

Basically the staff would have to greate stats for every single tinkered item. they would have to do this like:
    Item 1 + every other item
    Item 2+every other item exepty 1
    Item 3+every other item exept 1 & 2
    and so on to the item limit

16. The One-eyed Guy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Whiiiiich is exactly what I said.

17. Glitchedslayer

Glitchedslayer Godly Horse Breeder and Memer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This would have to be extremely expensive to mend since it would make items way too OP. Changing the look would be great but may put a lot of pressure to the game.

18. thanks

Don't think you understand this at all. You just wish to give bad feedback. The whole point of making it expensive is so items can't be OP. You obviously don't understand what "a weapon can only be mended three times" means.

What part of "it would be added like an enchantment" don't you understand? They don't have to make it for all weapons. They have to create an option to add a certain buff to your item. Enchantments aren't developed for every single weapon. They are developed, then can be added to the weapon. I don't think you even know what you're talking about.

19. quasar

quasar wuh

The coder would still have to run extensive checking because there could be a glitch with a single item that would potentially ruin alot of the core mechanics e.g. improved attack speed on etheral would bake the weapon crazy op.

20. Taf

Taf Legendary Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    i'd love this ingame, too bad the wynncraft owners almost never adds general suggestions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.