Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Class Suggestion

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Witcher, Dec 25, 2015.

?

Is it a good start for a class suggestion?

1. Yes, I think you should continue working on it ( -> pls tell me what exactly you like )

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. Yes, I think it is ok, but there is place for improvement ( -> pls tell me what exactly )

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  3. I'm not a fan of this, but it might be an enrichment for wynncraft

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. I don't like this class idea at all, it is way too... ( pls tell me "..." in the comments )

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  5. poop stays poop, no chance for becoming gold

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Witcher

Witcher the crappy class suggestions guy

Minecraft:
    The Necromancer

Defense [][][][][] defense 3,5
    Damage [][][][][] damage 3
    Range [][][][][] range 2,5 because the Tartaros spell isn't moving with the player, it stays at the place, it was summoned

Spells:

Tartaros Spell, right-left-right

Upon clicking "right-left-right", the player will summon a circle of fire particles below him on the ground which will grow from 1 block radius to 2 block radius. When arriving at 2x2 block size, 2 wither skelettons(renamed "Tartaros Guardian") with iron armor and iron swords will spawn in the circle and attack randomly enemys.
    [Sounds: while the circle is enlarging: ghast crys/the skelettons will make deep Zombie sounds]
    [Damage: each skeletton will do 50% of the Necromancers base damage]

Transformation Spell, right-right-right
    Upon using this spell, the Player will "become a crow" with the ability to fly in the direction he Looks for 10 seconds.
    Now you ask: "how will it work?"
    And i'll explain it: the Player will become invisible and the armor will be taken off. The helm will be replaced with a retextured and animated block that Looks like a flying crow. Now it will look like a flying crow, when moving. Furthermore, the Player won't be flying by double pressing "space", the player will fly in the direction he looks.

Soul magnet, right-left-left
    Upon using "right-left-left", the necromancer will throw a Soul magnet(nether star) into the air(2 blocks above the necromancer)which will pull every Soul(endereye) of every mob in a circle of 10 blocks toward it, to just release them again, so they clash with their posessers(the Mobs the sould came from).
    [Sound: When the souls are getting pulled out: nether Portal/when the soulmagnet disappears to release the "attracted sould":breaking glass/when the souls collide with their posesser:loud Zombie Sound]
    [Damage: when the Soul is getting pulled out: 200% of the Basic damage and when the Soul collides: 100%]

Curse spell, right-right-left
    Upon clicking "right-left-left", purple particles will come out of the necromancer, hitting an enemy(similar to assasin)
    What will happen?
    For the next 10 seconds, every spell the cursed enemy tryes to perform will be thrown back and damage the cursed one for 50% of the damage

Update1: addeded 2 more spells
    Update2:renamed and enhanced
    Update3:redone all the spells

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    Ascended Kitten likes this.
  2. SPYROHAWK

SPYROHAWK Head Grand Theorist HERO

Minecraft:
    Not completely bad, but needs WAY more detail. And also, the 4th spell ally thing should not apply to bosses, imagine having Death on your side for a bit

Ascended Kitten and Witcher like this.
  3. killerboy2807

killerboy2807 Shrek

-The name "summoner" doesn't fit, as he only has one ability that can be looked at as a summoning.
    -I like geysir.
    -It's enemy not ennemy.
    -Shift of existence (not excistance) is a tiny bit too similar to vanish, it needs to be slightly more unique. Not sure how though.
    -Impose will seems like a strange mish-mash of different abilities - not only that but abilities that take control of your opponent won't work for various reasons. I suggest you just scrap this ability and make another one in it's place.

Ascended Kitten and Witcher like this.
  4. Witcher

Minecraft:
    death on my side wouldn't be too op, the most damage dealing mob stays the chained beast.

5. killerboy2807

killerboy2807 Shrek

Well thing is, the first thing you need when making a class is a name and a theme - and then you make abilities accordingly to that theme. You don't make a bounch of abilities and then give your class a name.

Though if you were to remove shift of existence and impose will, to then replace them with "summoner" kind of spells - you would easily be able to call your class "the summoner".

6. SPYROHAWK

SPYROHAWK Head Grand Theorist HERO

Minecraft:
    OK fine... Wouldn't having the chained beast on your side be a bit OP? Also, since all the spells seem like having to do with soul/spirit stuff, how bout a name like that? Spirit Bender or Soul Guard

7. OP_PVP_MLG_PRO

OP_PVP_MLG_PRO Newbie Adventurer

Nice it may be added if a mod sees it.

Witcher likes this.
  8. Witcher

Minecraft:
    Thank you for These nice words, but the Chance is pretty small, because there are many other really good class suggestions

9. Tooti_Fruutie

Tooti_Fruutie Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    cool idea,
    but in my opinion this sounds like a bit of an alternative from the mage and kind of unbalancing the classes i a way.
    Classes:
    Warrior - soldier with lots of strength in close combat
    Archer - powerful at distance but bad at close combat
    Assasin - Close combat and stealth
    Mage - Healer and support with decent attack
    Summoner - a mage with differet spells minus the healing
    Also what weapon will it use?

10. Witcher

Minecraft:
    Weapons? Many weapons are blocks now

11. Shanaaro

Shanaaro . HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes, but they're still textured to look like weapons. What would the textures be based on? Hammers? Katanas? Winged Fish?

Witcher likes this.
  12. Witcher

Minecraft:
    MAybe a Trident?

13. Tooti_Fruutie

Tooti_Fruutie Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I like the winged fish
    or if u wanna be serious, then maybe a hammer or a giant flag for whacking people with.
    You could use the flag for summoning things

14. Flubby

Flubby left and accidentally became leftist VIP+

Minecraft:
    Note: I respect mods (and future ones) because they do an immense amount of work for the community and help keep us calm and collected.

Mods don't do shit when it comes to classes and creating content, unless they make it onto the content team. Even then, it's most likely only building and quests.

Now to the class.

Gaining any monster onto your side is incredibly overpowered in the current state. In fact, I am not in support of any form of this spell.

You also don't list what happens after that. You don't list what your sounds are. You don't list your basic weapon. You don't list mana costs. You don't list upgrades.

Oh and losing mana for "invisibility" that can be traces by the particles is completely useless.

15. Witcher

Minecraft:
    I totally remade the class now

16. killerboy2807

killerboy2807 Shrek

-Firstly, as having "spell" in the name of a spell sounds really lame, I think you should rename it to something like "Summon: Tartaros guardians"
    -"Tartaros' spell" Creates a fiery area at the target location. After a few seconds this area will activate and spawn 2 "tartaros guardians" that attack enemies. The guardians deal 50% damage with each attack.
    The way you phrased it made it very confusing, so I recommend you make it more like this (unless I, myself, read what the ability does wrong).
    -"Transformation spell": Uh. So you transform into a cow, and then you fly? I mean this is pretty hilarious, but it doesn't make any sense whatsoever, I think you should try again with this one.
    -"Magnet" sounds kinda stupid in a necromancer class, so I recommend you change it to "sould drain"
    -It doesn't make much sense that the necromancer sends their soul BACK to the owner, so that needs to be changed
    -Here's what I think it should be changed to: Pulls out a fraction of all nearby opponents' souls (5 blocks radius - 11 block diameter), dealing 100% damage initially, and giving them the "Soul scar" debuff. The "Soul scar" debuff slows your opponent and deals 30% damage every second for 5 seconds. This would both make the ability more logical, less overpowered, and more unique (as it was pretty similar to spin attack previously).
    -"Curse spell" Should just be renamed "curse", as again, "Spell" sounds really bad.
    -You need to try again with the fourth spell ("curse") here. It would be almost impossible to detect when an opponent uses a spell (and it would be really laggy) - not only that but this ability would only be useful in PVP, as mobs use spells much more rarely.

Witcher likes this.
  17. Witcher

Minecraft:
    Thank you really much for this helpful post! It helped me very much and I'm going to include some of your ideas if you allow me to!
    But just as a reminder: it isn't a flying cow, it'S a crow https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/PHOTO/LARGE/american_crow_8.jpg
    and to the names of the spell: when you cast a spell it always says: casting Meteor spell or something like this.
    I hope you Reply soon and allow me to include your suggestions into my thread.
    furthermore I hope for more of These very helpful Posts!

18. Tukore

Tukore Skilled Adventurer

Guild:
    good idea Witcher

Witcher likes this.
  19. Witcher

Minecraft:
    thank you <3

20. Choo

Choo Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Meh
    Its ok
    But Gavel has just been released I think some people need a break.

Witcher likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.