Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Ideas For Lag Fix

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by bensam124, Dec 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bensam124

bensam124 Travelled Adventurer

So we know the Gavel Expansion just recently came out and because of that there is going to be a lag increase even though there has been fixes to those issues. Also now, there are so many players online now.

So here are some ideas:

• Decrease player amount on the worlds

• If they are paying a company to host the server then invest more money into memory and a better processing system.

• Ditch paying someone else and build a ideal computer for WynnCraft and transfer the data to there.

• Make a second main server or more to reduce lag and spread players.

• Invest even more hours of time to make the programming even more efficient.

• (This one is a little bit on the silly side :) ) If you are paying someone then make it lag so much that the system hosting it crashes and the company gives you a free system to host the server.

I suggest not trying the last one :)

Please comment and suggest more ideas and change these ones to what you think will work to help WynnCraft's huge problem. :)
    If your idea is good then it will be added to this and your named will be next to your idea :)
    Once there are a lot of good ideas I may send this to the staff!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  2. Lev (Inactive)

Lev (Inactive) Rest

Guild:
    1:Decreased players in every world = more worlds = more lag
    2:They are already spending so much money on the server
    3:Pretty sure the lag will be 3x as bad with that idea
    4:Double the servers = double the money, and they already use so much on the single main server
    5:They are probably already working too many hours a day

quasar likes this.
  3. bensam124

These are ideas that need to be formed to work with what you have. All ideas my friend that may just work if you are optimistic enough!
    #3 you can make the computer any way you want it may cost more but you could make a over clocked gaming computer for around $500 and these are ideas to form into more in the person's mind and then apply them how you like it.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
  4. --

-- The world's most popular Minecraft server

1. Plausible, but maybe only in off-peak periods
    2. Of course they're paying a company to host their servers, and of course they want to increase the specs, but the key word is money.
    3. ...Do you even know how server hosting works? It sounds like you're pulling random techy-sounding words from the top of your brain and hoping they make sense in this context. A gaming computer is good for gaming. It is not good for hosting a server.
    4. There is no 'main server'. There are multiple servers. Once again - do you even know what you're saying?
    5. Again, the gist of this one is 'spend more time and money on Wynncraft'. How is this even a suggestion at this point? Isn't it blindingly obviously common sense that the owners want to make Wynncraft better? Why does this even need to be said?
    6. That's not how it works... for the third time.
    Also, don't double-post. Delete your other one.

5. bensam124

The last one is a silly one. I do know how a server is hosted I was Dev for one but the owners stopped the server because it was to much work for them.
    4. I mean the main hub when you log in you are in that area where you could join a world and you could make more hubs like that and it's more costly but it does work. Ex: WynnCraft.us, Wynncraft.eu or WynnCraft1.com WynnCraft2.com
    5. Yes I know that its a meaning that you have to find you could do this one in different ways and yes I know they are constantly investing time to do that.
    3. yes I do and I'm just using a gaming computer as an example how it is cheaper then buying one and also in the long run it will most likely be cheaper than paying a company every month.
    2. Yes I know that. This is just ideas. You could take away money from one project to invest into the server and also increase the stuff you sell at the shop and I have ideas what to sell to make more money and I am going to donate soon.
    1. The idea does work because of more people on a world causing more action and chunk loading and unloading and killing mobs, doing NPC actions and more. So thats why have it down to like 30 players on a world will work but you will need to generate more worlds causing this one to be the question. If it will work or not?

The other one was the first one then I realized it will work with this one better and I think having two may help this thread because I want people to look at these ideas and not destroy them but change them to what they think will work better.

6. OP_PVP_MLG_PRO

OP_PVP_MLG_PRO Newbie Adventurer

I have no lag so yes...

7. Snipy

Snipy Normal wynncraft player :P VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This sounds like you don't really know what you are talking about.

-- likes this.
  8. bensam124

I do know what I am talking about and could anybody do what I ask for which is to comment with your own ideas to fix lag problems and I'm just posting these ideas as a base to work on.

Snipy likes this.
  9. Snipy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ok thats better ;D

10. bensam124

Yeah, so do you have you own ideas because if you do I'll add them to it and I'll put that you came up with that idea. :)

11. Snipy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    WellI will try to come up with some ideas but not today its really late.

bensam124 likes this.
  12. bensam124

Ok thanks

13. --

-- The world's most popular Minecraft server

OK, let me explain how servers work.
    Servers are groups of computers usually mounted on shelves in blocks. They have a lot of RAM and CPU power, as they need to process the actions of every single player on the server, as well as the server itself. They are not like gaming computers. They don't need a keyboard, mouse, monitor or graphics card. Each one of these servers hosts one of the Wynncraft servers. The owners rent them from a Minecraft server hosting company in the U.S.
    So do you think it would be an upgrade or a downgrade from each server having an extremely fast computer to host it to every single server being hosted on an average gaming computer at once?

Granola_King likes this.
  14. SuperTM

SuperTM Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Increase the value of vip(+) by adding more perks--> more people buy a rank --> more money --> more servers --> less lag

bensam124 and Alex1 like this.
  15. kingmike99

kingmike99 The Meteor

Most perks would be against the EULA.
    Anyway, maybe they can get some YouTubers to play Wynncraft (again).

16. Shanaaro

Shanaaro . HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    They already asked if they could bring VIP double XP. They don't seem to be too worried.

17. Alex1

Alex1 Alex HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Exactly, they were already contemplating re-adding double xp, and if that happened it would be like the old days when 75%+ of the server was ranked, and the server had loads of monetary support. Last July, WynnCraft had around the same amount of players as it does now, maybe even more, because of the YouTubers. But there wasn't a major lag problem. Why? Because if you pressed "Tab" in the lobby, all you saw was green. Each green name = 25$ to the server = better servers. And on the EULA, it has never been enforced, and nothing will happen to any server that goes against it.

18. SuperTM

SuperTM Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    wynncraft is just not big enough like for example hypickles. They can't get enough money by just selling cosmetics, they have to give another special perk. This used to be the double xp.

19. Alex1

Alex1 Alex HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I just checked Hypixel's website, you get free "coins" for buying the ranks, which are used to buy in-game rewards. The EULA states that a server cannot sell in-game currency. Of course they performed a very minor offence, but I know of some smaller servers around the same size of WynnCraft that simply don't give a damn about the EULA, even when it first came out and everyone was freaking out.

20. bensam124

Yes I know that! Why do you have to be so negative! It doesn't have to be one! It could be as many as they want!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.