Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

The Level Cap Has Been Raised, How About Some New Spell Upgrades? [200+ Supporters]

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by reedico, Dec 22, 2015.

Tags:
?

Do you like this idea

1. Yes

65.8%
  2. I like spells and this idea

9.9%
  3. Yes spells are very cool and need to fill up the levels

20.2%
  4. Yes but... (comment below)

1.1%
  5. no thanks man we already got enough spells (i prefer boring high levels xd)

1.5%
  6. no this is um terribad idea.

1.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reedico

reedico Well-Known Adventurer

First things first: PLEASE tell me if new spell upgrades have already been announced, so I can shut up

Anyway, now that the level cap has been raised, the last spell upgrade you get (level 66) is only about 2/3 of the way to the level cap (though in terms of xp requirements, it's not even half). What we need for a follow-up update is A FOURTH or FIFTH spell upgrade.

Now here are some suggestions for possible spell upgrades (4th/5th)base stats will only be listed if they are changed

Assassin(Ninja):

Spin Attack:
    Upgrade 4 @ level 51
    +Gash: Enemies hit will bleed for 20% base damage each second for 4 seconds

Upgrade 5 @ level 61
    +Second Spin: Immediately after your first spin, you will perform a second spin in the other direction for 75% damage

Vanish:
    Upgrade 4 @ level 64
    +Backstab: Any enemy that is hit from behind while vanished will take 175% damage and lose 15% of their current health. This ability has only 1 third effectiveness against bosses (5%).

Upgrade 5 @ level 76
    Duration: 20 seconds

+Mob Jump: While vanished, if you sneak and look at an enemy for 2 seconds, you will teleport 1 block behind that enemy and reduce your time for vanish by 3 seconds.

Multihit:
    Upgrade 4 @ level 71
    +Bomb planter: If an enemy dies from multihit, it will explode (radius: 3.5 blocks) for 110% damage to all enemies within the radius

Upgrade 5 @ level 86
    +Deteriorate: If an enemy survives multihit, it will recieve slow 1, weak 1, and takes 20% more damage (negative resistance) for 5 seconds

Smoke Bomb:

Upgrade 4 @ level 82
    +Singularity: Enemies within 2.5 blocks of smoke bomb will be slightly pulled inward for the first 3 seconds of the bomb's existence

Upgrade 5 @ level 92
    Duration: 6 seconds

+Purification Smoke: Walking into your own smoke grants 1 heart/second and 30% damage reduction

Archer(Hunter):

Arrow Storm:
    Upgrade 4 @ level 51
    +Injection: For every arrow that hits an enemy, 0.3% Current Health damage is dealt to the enemy, 3.5 seconds after the spell is cast

Upgrade 5 @ level 61
    +Lead Arrows: Another 3 arrows are shot at the end of the spell (down the middle) which deal 40% damage each

Escape:

Upgrade 4 @ level 64
    +Minelayer: Lays down a mine where the escape spell was cast, which explodes on contact with an enemy for 75% damage. Mines last for up to 15 seconds

Upgrade 5 @ level 76
    +Double jump: Escape can be recast midair one time for 75% of the original velocity

Bomb Arrow:
    Upgrade 4 @ level 71
    +Shrapnel: There is an increased explosion radius of 3 blocks which does 125% damage rather than 250%

Upgrade 5 @ level 86
    +Heavy Bomb: A direct hit with bomb arrow does 350% damage

Arrow Shield:
    Upgrade 4 @ level 82
    +Arrow wheel: Shoots 16 arrows outward in a circle from around the player in all directions which deal 100% damage each

Upgrade 5 @ level 92
    +Slam: Enemies knocked into a wall will take 75% damage

Mage(Dark Wizard)

Heal:
    Upgrade 4 @ level 51
    Hunger: 5
    +Stand Away: All enemies within the heal radius take a medium amount of knockback that launches them ~3 blocks back

Upgrade 5 @ level 61
    +Gaseous Cloud: A cloud with a radius of 2 blocks is put around the player for 2 seconds (the cloud does not move with the player), which prevents all mobs and projectiles from coming inside and deals 30% damage and knockback to all mobs that touch it.

Teleport:
    Upgrade 4 @ level 64
    +Blink: Maximum teleport distance is increased and invisibility is granted for 2 seconds

Upgrade 5 @ level 76
    +Recall: an entity is placed where you teleported from, and if the player sneaks and puts their cursor on it for 1 second, they will be teleported back to the location with no mana cost and slash damage is dealt again. The entity lasts 6 seconds

Meteore:
    Upgrade 4 @ level 71
    +Shock: 50% damage is instantly dealt to the area where the spell is cast, and blinds enemies for 1 second (or until the meteore hits)

Upgrade 5 @ level 86
    Damage: 420%

+Tremendous Impact: Radius of the explosion is increased by 2 blocks

Ice Snake:
    Upgrade 4 @ level 82:

+Icy trail: Leaves a trail of icy ground which lasts for 5 seconds, gives slow 2 the entire time an enemy is standing on it, and deals 20% damage per second

Upgrade 5 @ level 92:
    +Iceburn: After the ice snake dissipates, the entire icy trail bursts into flames for half a second, dealing %50 true damage over 2 seconds

Warrior(Knight)

Bash:
    Upgrade 4 @ level 51
    Damage: 150%

+Fissure: The second explosion's radius is greatly increased to the sides, by 5 blocks.

Upgrade 5 @ level 61
    +After Shock: The second explosion (Earthquake) explodes again after 1 second for 100% damage

Charge:
    Upgrade 4 @ level 64
    +Impact: When the player hits the ground, they trigger a small explosion which deals 130% damage

Upgrade 5 @ level 76
    +Leap: Initial cast launches the player 1.5 blocks higher and Charge now has greater velocity. Smash now hits enemies below the player as well.

Uppercut:
    Upgrade 4 @ level 71

+Spinning: Uppercut's initial cast now has a hitbox that goes in a 180 degree angle in front of the warrior.

Upgrade 5 @ level 86
    +Asteroid: Firework and Comet now damage other enemies within a radius of 6 blocks for half their damage

War Scream:
    Upgrade 4 @ level 82

+Ear Piercing: Gives nearby enemies slow 1, weak 1, and take 20% more damage for 4 seconds

Upgrade 5 @ level 92
    +Encouragement: Gives the player and nearby allies increased attack speed for 3 minutes

Thats all I have to suggest for now. Though of course if these were to be implemented they would need further balancing AND certain in game items would need balance related tweaks. Thank for reading this post and share ideas and criticism down below.

EDIT: I put the level requirements in a fairly messy fashion as a way to make upgrades more consistent, rather than getting two or three upgrades at a time every 10/15 levels. However, these level requirements just like the suggestions themselves are very much subject to change.

Edit/Changelog 1 as of January 29th: Added in Iceburn upgrade to ice snake, as there had been no level 5 upgrade previously. Also nerfed Encouragement, Gaseous cloud, and Backstab.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  2. TrashcanMan

TrashcanMan Hello I am here

Yes, this would be pretty darn cool. +1 supporter

3. WilsonKry

WilsonKry Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Make the level requirements be consistent with the old pattern, so everything scales perfectly.
    1st: Lv56 and Lv76
    2nd: Lv66 and Lv86
    3rd: Lv76 and Lv96
    4th: Lv86 only

Other than that, I'm very satisfied on how reaching higher levels rewards players with even more powerful spells.

4. reedico

I tried to spread out the level requirements so upgrades would be more consistent rather than just a burst of upgrades every ten levels. :)

5. WilsonKry

WilsonKry Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I would feel sorta messy for me, as how the level requirements for the current tiers scales up every 10 levels.

6. TheZearis

TheZearis Lyla HERO

Minecraft:
    I'm The Reaver and I approve this message.

7. Olebra

Olebra Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    The spell upgrade pattern is not just upgrading every 20 levels...
    (Unlock) (1st upgrade) (2nd)
    +15 lvl + 20 lvl
    1 16 36
    11 26 46
    21 36 56
    31 46 66

If you follow simple math, that means you first jump 15, then 20 meaning that it adds 5 more levels than last time, so it would be more like this:

1 - 16 - 36 - 61 - 91
    11 - 26 - 46 - 71 - 101
    21- 36 - 56 - 81 - 111
    31- 46 - 66 - 91 - 121

As I hope you see, if you follow this pattern, only a fourth spell upgrade would be the way to go, and you wouldn't get multiple upgrades at once after level 46

Lol math is the best isn't it

Bebinson, IggyBoii and Cubie like this.
  8. Erces

Erces Skilled Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes it could be nice but give them time to patch bugs and celebrate chrismas with their family they got life too xD
    I'm pretty sure they already got some idea for this or they're maybe already working on this

9. reedico

bump xd .-.

10. ArchAngel_Diablo

ArchAngel_Diablo I'm ready for gravel

Guild:
    I like this idea.
    But assassins vanish upgrade 4 backstab is a bit TOO OP. Imagine reducing Death's hp by 15%. Maybe make the backstab reduce UP to 450-550% of your base damage. That would help balance it a lot.
    Other than that, perfect!
    +1

Slyarcticwolf likes this.
  11. ProfSilver

ProfSilver Head of the Professors Guild VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    In the end, they all feel pretty well Balanced to me, especially looking at the Upgrades of the other classes.

12. ohwooops

ohwooops Not Very Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Sounds very cool, love the assassin ones too. It would give me more encouragement to level up too +1 Supporter :D

13. MuppetSenpai

MuppetSenpai Skilled Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    I like this idea. +1 supporter

14. mikelegend123

mikelegend123 Gone VIP+

Minecraft:
    Really like the general idea of this! New spell upgrades would be a really fresh and positive addition to Gavel

15. Rawb

Rawb Disciple of Bak'al

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yes pls I doubt my normal meteor spamming can kill large groups of mobs-actually Intelligence makes it op but idc add this pls

16. JJPHBA

JJPHBA thnx to Kuroi for the awesome calligraphy :) VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Good idea
    +1 support

17. ProfSilver

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Love the idea! However, I'd rather new spells were introduced instead.

18. Jumla

Jumla Head Developer/Founder of Wynncraft Staff Member Admin Developer HERO

Minecraft:
    Unfortunately we cannot really do that since new spells need new click combos, and we've already use them all. For an example:

RRR
    RLR
    RLL
    RRL

There's no room for a 5th spell because it would have to start with L, which would make it impossible to know if you're trying to cast a spell or a main attack.

19. ProfSilver

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  20. ExpiredBL

ExpiredBL The Bombing Ninja HERO

Minecraft:
    The only way to do this would be to make the combos 4 long
    RRRR
    RRRL
    RRLL
    RLLL
    RRLL
    RLLR
    RRLR
    RLRR

Granted that would allow for an extra 4 spells and that would be WAY to many.

I would prefer an upgrade or 2 for the 4 we have instead of extra ones.

bobbob9830 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.