Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Fixing Boats/removing The Mana Regen. Debuff When In Water (20+ Supporters)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by InvertedReaper, Dec 23, 2015.

?

Should water not slow Mana Regen?

1. Yes

32 vote(s)
    78.0%
  2. Kinda

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. No

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InvertedReaper

InvertedReaper The Nigerian Soothsayer HERO

Minecraft:
    In the Gavel update, in order to promote the usage of boats, they decided to slow down Mana Regeneration when in water. However, there's one fatal flaw with this plan: Boats are broken. A lot of people who have tried boating from Wynn to Gavel has most likely experienced a lot of loading errors, rollbacks, and just straight up falling into the void when the next area of ocean doesn't load fast enough. Before punishing us for not using a certain mechanic, make sure the mechanic you're punishing us for not using actually works.

But that's just the transportation aspect. Water slowing down Mana Regen is also extremely inconvenient when just playing. Water is highly abundant in both provinces, and when you get knocked into water or are doing a quest which involves a lot of water, you're at an automatic disadvantage. Water, for how much there is of it, is essentially a hazard now as there's a chance you can die just from being in water because you can't use spells to defend yourself or to escape because it regens so slowly.

So if you want people to actually use boats, make sure they work. That way, people will use them and you'll have no need to add in such an unnecessary hazard.

Thank you

2. then perish

then perish it really do be like that sometimes

Minecraft:
    Yep, @SpadeZ1 @TheFireFox @~~ and I can all personally attest to just how frustrating it was trying to get to Gavel on just one class, let alone the fact that each class has to get to the door once for access to the rest of Gavel. It took us at least... What... 20 minutes or so? More?

SpadenadeZ1 and TheFireFox like this.
  3. TheFireFox

TheFireFox THE NEW APPLE iGUESS: IT'S-- SOMETHING (?)

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    More than 20 minutes for some, Seeing as you were the first to get there after all.
    I dunno about the others, and it may be just my comp, but the amount of times I was set back, or just straight-up glitched out on boats was too high to be fun.
    Tbh, the trip was worth it because... Gavel- but for new players who don't have that DETERMINATION I can see that would be an issue. I feel like if ever an update rolls around that makes boats less buggy it would be alright- but uh, I feel like that won't happen very soon, as it's not really a problem that can be "fixed"- er... boats I mean.

then perish and SpadenadeZ1 like this.
  4. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Boats have always been a problem, even in Ye Olde Wynn (The few months before Gavel's release when nobody really played). This is mainly caused by the lag, but in Ye Olde Wynn, I'd find that occasionally, my "Server Player" (as represented by my particle effect) would be further ahead than my "Client Player", and I'd eventually get teleported to it. The chunk loading is a problem exclusive to the lag, however, and has always been a problem.

SpadenadeZ1 and InvertedReaper like this.
  5. InvertedReaper

Minecraft:
    I added a poll. So make sure to vote please!

6. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Can You make a Kinda option? I kinda agree with this but maybe they should just do it so if you were in water for a certain time, like 30 min you would get debuffed? That way you still want to avoid water and use boats but if you get knocked into water you have some time to get out.

7. InvertedReaper

Minecraft:
    1. Who stays in the water for 30 minutes?
    2. The whole point is that water shouldn't be avoided at all. Having any sort of punishment for being in the water too long other than drowning is just illogical to me.
    3. Yeah, sure. I'll add a "Kinda" option, although not getting a straight answer is basically the same as no answer at all.

8. SilverAlmighty

SilverAlmighty Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I agree that the water debuff is a bit harsh. But Im going to take everything with a grain of salt these next few months, seeing as Gavel is only just getting to its feet.

9. shipbreaker!!!

shipbreaker!!! where are you going, old soul? VIP

Minecraft:
    though tff yelling in chat was pretty funny
    but yeah support blah blah

then perish and TheFireFox like this.
  10. SpadenadeZ1

SpadenadeZ1 THE USER FORMERLY KNOWN AS SPADEZ1

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm still mentally scarred by what i had to go through to get across the ocean.

Salted, you'll be hearing from my lawyer. (jk dont hurt me)

11. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I ment 30 seconds lol.Wups

12. The One-eyed Guy

The One-eyed Guy that guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I walked. Along the landwall. For 25 minutes.

TrashcanMan likes this.
  13. ProfSilver

ProfSilver Head of the Professors Guild VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There's one vital little fact you're all missing. You can literally walk around the ocean, on the border wall. Personally, I just grab out my *almost* fully trained black horse (trading it from class to class with the bank) and ride along the wall, using the jump to get over rough patches.
    -And don't even think about complaining that this comment is irrelevant because you get lag, so that you can't use a horse. If you can't use a horse, walk. There's literally no issue.

Linkedge likes this.
  14. Enhanced_Human

Enhanced_Human Natural Born World-Shaker

Minecraft:
    I, personally, for some strange reason, have never really experienced the slower mana regen in water, but I do think that boats should be fixed regardless.

15. ProfSilver

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    For me, the boats just wouldn't spawn when I placed them down. I almost lost a whole stack of emeralds before I realized what was happening (not very much) xD

16. InvertedReaper

Minecraft:
    The fact that walking around the ocean is even a viable option for people just proves my point further :)

17. ProfSilver

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well, fair enough :P

18. AwesomeTuxedo

AwesomeTuxedo Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    "DETERMINATION," hmm... that seems familiar....
    #Flowey4Life
    But seriously, I have had this problem to such an extent, I have only visited gavel once, and after leaving, I am not going back until they either fix boats or add a scroll in gavel.

19. TheMineNerf

TheMineNerf Necronomicon Chief.

Guild:
    They cant fix boats. Boats r broken cuz mojang

20. ProfSilver

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    .. They did add scrolls, didn't they? I could have sworn..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.