Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Resource Pack Colorblind Mode [100+ Supporters]

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Kuroi, Dec 22, 2015.

?

What do you think?

1. Yeah

110 vote(s)
    94.0%
  2. Nah

6 vote(s)
    5.1%
  3. Yes, but with changes (respond below)

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  4. I am colorblind

3 vote(s)
    2.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuroi

Kuroi Professional Memesmith

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    NOTE:
    To everyone who suggested this- putting letters or words on blocks to denote colors is probably not the best solution. Can you imagine trying to appreciate builds like Llevigar with "WHITE" plastered over every block?

Hi everyone!
    I'll get right to it.
    Already, in the few weeks I've spent in Gavel, I've come across a lot of puzzles like this one, from Heart of Llevigar:
    2015-12-21_19.16.05.png
    More examples:
    2016-01-01_13.05.15.png
    2015-12-24_20.25.33.png
    If you haven't guessed by the title, I am red-green colorblind, meaning that any colors derived from red or green sort of blend together for me. This is a condition affecting roughly 5% of the population, or 1 in 20 people- hundreds of players, on the scale of Wynncraft.

With the new wool and clay colors in the Gavel resource pack, it's become nearly impossible for myself and (I assume) others like me to distinguish between, say, red and orange wool, orange and yellow, brown and black, etc. You can imagine how difficult/nearly impossible this makes puzzles like the one above.

I'm proposing a command (say, /cb) that allows you to download a modified version of the resource pack, with slightly different wool and stained clay colors. I can't say I'm speaking from experience, but I don't think it wold be too difficult to make. They'd just be more vivid and bright, that's all.

So far, I've tried to do or heard of at least five puzzles involving colors like this, and no one I know of is even close to finishing all of the Gavel quests. You can imagine how this might be a problem, especially if I want to go through Gavel without anyone else's help.

At the moment, I'm not entirely certain how this could be implemented for people with other types of colorblindness, like yellow-blue. Suggestions about this would especially be appreciated.

Please consider my suggestion. Thank you, and don't forget to express your opinions in the poll above!

~Kur0i

Additional note: If you're colorblind, like I am, please vote for that extra option in the poll- I'd love to know how many of us there are in Wynn.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    dot01, Nyam, Loggerhead and 34 others like this.
  2. Kogut

Kogut Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    disable the texture pack, and load your own color blind tp pack. disable it by clicking edit on the server then texturepack disable.

blankman likes this.
  3. DaCorruption

DaCorruption Serves Dern.

Minecraft:
    Im sad for you that you're red-green colorblind :( Btw, yeah they should make this texture pack for the colorblind people like you !

Bebinson, blankman and Kuroi like this.
  4. bnmaz

bnmaz Item Hoarder VIP+

Minecraft:
    Sounds like a great idea!

Plasma~ and Kuroi like this.
  5. Scotland

Scotland Scotland forever! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Would be good for the people who want such a resource pack, but it would probably take really long for the admins to create such a resurce pack.

No, you can't disable the pack, than you'll fall out of the world when you choose a class. I tryed to disable and rip it out of my Minecraft data (because there are no words in this usiverse, that can describe how much I hate this pack (I have my own reasons <3 )) but you cant play after that.

6. Kogut

Guild:
    just dont chose a class then? i disabled it and it works fine for me. (i never did /class though)

7. Scotland

Scotland Scotland forever! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    But if you don't choose a class you maby can't play.. probably... maby it works for you, but it doesn't work for me because everytime, I spawn in the class selection room I fall out of the world and it gives me a Message that I have to install the pack.

8. Toul_

Toul_ Skilled Adventurer

I think it's a great idea, but it may take a while to make, unless someone who has experience with creating resource packs decides to volunteer themselves.

9. Kahsol

Kahsol Local Serial Liker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    if they do that, that'll be unfair to other "color-color" colorblind people, and they'd end up having to do nearly every color

EDIT: Not saying this a terrible idea or anything, its great and could benefit many.

10. pale1

pale1 Newbie Adventurer

I've done a little bit of research and I found a resource pack that claims to help people with green-red colorblindness. It applies a strong tint of green to every block/item in the game (or at least that's what it looks like to me). If you could explain your condition or link me to your regular color-blind accessible pack, I can try to make you a version of the regular Wynncraft pack that can be used by colorblind people.

Im not sure if it's possible (and it's out of my control), but maybe the server could make a /toggle command for a colorblind texturepack that will install the colorblind pack instead of the default pack.

EDIT: What I said in the second paragraph is basically your suggestion. My bad.

xKindredKinesis likes this.
  11. Kuroi

Kuroi Professional Memesmith

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That actually never occurred to me-thank you for bringing it up. I've made a bit of an edit as a result.
    Of course, the most basic solution would simply be to write "red" "blue" green" on each block, but no one wants that in their
    beautiful Wynncraft scenery, amirite?

I can only speak for myself, of course, but I find that colors like those in the Microsoft Paint pallet are relatively easy to distinguish:
    Screenshot 2015-12-22 18.57.49.png
    They are bright and vivid, giving a clear difference between each color.

Could you send me the pack? I've heard of things like that, it might help both of us understand it better.

12. Nihilego36

Nihilego36 Avos Air Avos

Minecraft:
    How does it look from your view?

13. Kogut

Guild:
    or you can download a color blind pack, mix the wynn pack in so you have a mix of both. put the items and shit from wynn, put the colored stuff from the CB pack

14. pale1

pale1 Newbie Adventurer

The pack that I found is called WiccanJR's General Red-Green Colorblind RPack V2. I don't think it helps though. do you have a pack that you use normally to help yourself differentiate between red and green?

15. pale1

pale1 Newbie Adventurer

That's unfortunate. I'd like to make you a full texturepack with colors that are more distinguishable, but I will have to work with you so I can know if the texturepack helps. I won't be able to start tonight but I'll PM when I have the time to begin!

xKindredKinesis and Kuroi like this.
  16. Kogut

Guild:
    just click and drag files over from diffrent folders, then bam u got a pack, id do it but im kindof lazy. like open 2 windows with 2 packs. click and drag a picture from 1 window to the other.

17. Nihilego36

Nihilego36 Avos Air Avos

Minecraft:
    You could just do F3 and move your mouse over the stained clay/wool!

blankman, yotamdin and pale1 like this.
  18. Nihilego36

Nihilego36 Avos Air Avos

Minecraft:
    Oh.

19. Fissure

Fissure I'll be fine .

I'm sorry i laughed so hard ;-; , but yea. .. . i'm not color blind and the puzzle was still difficult .Special thanks to @scallysche for doing it ....

scallysche likes this.
  20. yotamdin

yotamdin Is actually a cute anime girl in real life VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How about that: You type the command \cb, and it brings up a GUI that asks you what kind of colorblind you are, and then you get the resource pack that'll give you the best resault. I know it'll take a while, but I think it's gonna be worth it. There are ways to make resource packs compatible for colorblind people, and it'll be worth the time making it, in my opinion.

Kuroi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.