Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Remove Sprinting's Exorbitant Hunger Cost (oh Shet 226 Supporters ._.)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by xKindredKinesis, Dec 22, 2015.

?

Do you agree?

1. Yes.

98.3%
  2. No. (Please state reasons)

1.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xKindredKinesis

xKindredKinesis .[_]. VIP

Minecraft:
    With the all-new Gavel Update hitting the servers recently, come with a ton of new changes that completely alter how we look at Wynncraft’s gameplay. One of the more notable differences in gameplay is how mana management is put into practice.

Mana regeneration has been nerfed in favor of the new Water element, and prudent usage of spells has become more prominent. Such changes also prompt players to purchase costly new potions, such as the Wisdom Potion. However, another factor has been added to mana management: sprinting.

Sprinting is perhaps one of the most basic and quintessential methods of transportation. For classes such as the Assassin, it is practically the most important means of getting around, due to the short-range class’s severe lack of mobility. In the Gavel Update, sprinting now rapidly exhausts the player’s mana, which is essential to cast spells and sprint in the first place. Considering how important both mana management and sprinting are, it has come to my attention that this change is completely unnecessary, and only makes playing more frustrating than ever.

Several factors cause such frustration: the emphasis on mana management, unavoidable server lag issues, and unreliable alternative methods of transportation. Though server lag is always brought up each patch, there is no way to get rid of lag completely. Sometimes, server lag even proves beneficial, as you do not lose mana while sprinting during a lag spike. Considering how such benefits can only be gained by an unintentional part of gameplay, it only goes to show that there is no real need for sprinting to deplete such high amounts of mana rapidly. Server lag also affects others means of transportation such as horses and boats, which are drastically reduced in effectivity by server lag issues.

As for the new system, builds with higher Water/Air focus may not be as greatly affected by the changes to sprinting. However, for builds that do not have such mana bonuses or movement efficiency, it can be rather difficult to get by, when even movement options are so limiting. As said before, Assassins have it the worst. Without even a decent mobility advantage until mid-game level 46, those who select builds without good movement speed or effective mana regeneration will have an excruciatingly bad time traveling around the province. And exploration gains emphasis with the entirely new Province of Gavel, which is even bigger than the Province of Wynn.

So because mana management is hard to sustain as is, server lag prevents other methods of transportation from being helpful, and a constant need for movement speed focus in a huge update that supposedly supports build diversity, I suggest that sprinting should NOT cost so much mana. Sprinting is not game-breakingly overpowered. It’s a necessity.

TL;DR
    Sprinting should not cost so much mana. It's an important gameplay feature, and it shouldn't be made worse.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  2. Kahsol

Kahsol Local Serial Liker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    FIRRRRRRRRRRST

Honestly, I have no idea how in a real magic world,

running uses up magic power.

3. xKindredKinesis

Minecraft:
    it's like
    you can use as much magic as long as you can last

4. Hexorcism

Hexorcism warrior class enjoyer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I have to agree with you here. As an Assassin, I have to constantly stop and walk to regenerate my mana, only for it to be lost after sprinting for 10 seconds. Not only is sprinting frustrating, Assassins have no real mobility skill (unless you count vanish as a mobility skill). I thought Assassin was supposed to be fast, sneaky, and unseen? No mobility skill makes the Assassin slower than other classes. You can't use horses due to the insane server lag which makes them slower than even walking. I think a solution to this would be to give Assassin permanent Speed I or II.

XavierEXE, Fread and then perish like this.
  5. Kahsol

Kahsol Local Serial Liker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    thats a bit much
    there are items that can increase your walk speed

XavierEXE and MarcusWynnCraft like this.
  6. xKindredKinesis

Minecraft:
    Eh, permanent Speed might be overkill.
    Like @Goku said, we already have items that grant extra movement speed.

But if not this, then Assassin's Shadow Travel upgrade should be available much sooner.
    Either first upgrade or base upgrade.

MarcusWynnCraft and Hexorcism like this.
  7. Hexorcism

Hexorcism warrior class enjoyer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    We shouldn't have to use items to get speed/mobility other classes get for free, am I right?

MarcusWynnCraft and Gogeta like this.
  8. Joeri

Joeri Lone Wanderer VIP

Minecraft:
    Sprinting mana costs are way to high. If not remove than atleast lower them.

9. Kurumiii

Kurumiii Princess of the Foxes | Twinsies with Fangs

Guild:
    bumping this thread so it doesn't die

10. RogueKitten271

RogueKitten271 Newbie Adventurer

MY GAWD YES.
    PLEASE.

MarcusWynnCraft likes this.
  11. Dirtbike171

Dirtbike171 Strong Supporter of Wynncraft

I agree that something needs to be changed. Its ridiculous the amount of drain that takes place. It leaves assassins very vulnerable.

12. CheesePrince13

CheesePrince13 Eternally Inactive HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Since no one else has mentioned this yet, I suppose I will, but Assassins are not the only build that greatly suffers under this feature.

The main class I play is Warrior, and in terms of Mobility, this class suffers even more from the mana/hunger drain. Assassins have their vanish skill that, once high enough, will grant them a bonus speed boost. Warriors, however, have no speed buffs of any kind, and often find themselves even worse off when it comes to movement. Our only mobility spell, while adaptable and highly useful, only gets us so far, and consumes a large amount of mana to do so.

The Assassin, by concept, is an agile and mobile design. Thus I understand how the main argument here is to fix assassin; however, Warriors, by their own concept, sacrificed a majority of that mobility for bolstered defenses. While it is not an agile role originally, it should not be left in the dust compared to every other class. It suffers as much as the Assassin does, just in a different way. The assassin suffers as a mobile class that can no longer be as mobile. Warriors suffer as a class that can no longer conveniently and efficiently explore on a server that emphasizes exploration.

So for any of those that may come to this thread and believe it is a thread complaining about the newer difficulty and the assassin nerf, this problem lies in more than just the assassin class; it lies in all melee classes currently in the game, as well as any that may be added in the future. Without better mobility options, the update to mana management contradicts the nature of the server itself. In a server based upon the concept of exploring, severely impairing one of the primary and efficient ways of traveling makes exploring infinitely more tasking and time-consuming.

13. Eridan Ampora

Eridan Ampora Prince of Rustic Builds VIP+

Minecraft:
    Maybe give assasins speed effect when they use shadow vanish? Doesn't do anything for other classes though...

14. wijiji1

wijiji1 T best VIP+ to ever be on wynncraft

i think they should just remove sprinting hunger cost i know plugins that make it so when you sprint your hunger dousing go down

MarcusWynnCraft likes this.
  15. xKindredKinesis

Minecraft:
    Vanish gets an upgrade at level 46 that gives a Speed bonus.

CheesePrince13 and Hexorcism like this.
  16. Krythia

Krythia Loyal Stormtrooper

Guild:
    I didnt see this thread when I posted mine =w=

17. xKindredKinesis

Minecraft:
    No no, it's fine!
    It just shows that there is some rather substantial demand for these changes.

then perish likes this.
  18. Eridan Ampora

Eridan Ampora Prince of Rustic Builds VIP+

Minecraft:
    Woops, forgot about that =)

19. SaltEfan

SaltEfan Skilled Adventurer

I believe that a lvl 11 vanish should set movementspeed to 1.2, that and the sprint not consuming hunger would make the assasin a fairly mobile class.

20. charcomommy

charcomommy {-=[GodKing]=-}

Guys, guys i got this.
    Hey Grian, if you dont add this, ill vote for Trump.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.