Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Removing Minimum Stat Requirements Regarding Items

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Ggorge, Dec 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ggorge

Ggorge Seasoned Potato VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'll get straight to the point - the minimum stat requirements on items (i.e, 4 agility needed to use the weapon "Striker") isn't a very good system. For starters, it forces people into adding skill points into trees that they would normally not put points into. I speculate the result of this are characters with points unevenly spread out among all trees, and it requires an entire liquid emerald just to reset this. This destroys the entire point of making skill point builds; skill points will have to be distributed based on if they will allow you to equip the gear you just found.

Thanks,
    No_Rice_No_Life (formerly Ggorge)

2. BackstabPI3

BackstabPI3 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    or at least, let us re-identify our items again, or choose what elements to put on it. Because right now if hve a weapons/armour with an element you don't want, you can't change it or do anything with it, making them very useless and a waste of an item, and everything else you said above

blankman likes this.
  3. SlabsToast

SlabsToast King of Toast, Libertas Co-Owner

Guild:
    Hey, I for one think that this new system is very interesting. It may not be the most enjoyable to find that you cannot use an item because of a requirement you do not have, but that means you need to go out and find one you CAN use, or use your points to use the item you have! The whole reason of this system is so that you can find something right for YOU. It might take a while, but finding the right combination is both fun and exciting. This system may be annoying at times, but if you view it from a broad perspective, it can be fun!

Cruuk and The_AwesomeLlama like this.
  4. Ggorge

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's not that it's fun, it significantly reduces damage and the overall potential a class can have, provided that the person in mention doesn't have enormous amounts of LE in their Swiss bank accounts. If you don't have access to these skill points needed to use the item, you're stuck with an item that's too weak for its zone. Plus, finding a new one is just adding more grind, of which I thought was intended to be reduced with the new Gavel update.

Red_Fox_Rogue, Nyam and blankman like this.
  5. minecraftman1312

minecraftman1312 Some Onion Lord

Yeah, but say if I want to go water air archer, and I grind for hours and get some bows, firstly, the element system makes 0 sense and none of those brown could be what I'm looking for, because if that bow has earth instead of air it's useless.

6. blue_bloodstar

blue_bloodstar Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    my suggestion is to make quests give skill points, since the skill limits arent 70, we could get a lot more points into each one, and when you have completed all the quests and you are lvl 100, all the traits are maxed out. this way, quests would be much more useful, and the price would be good for a lvl 1, and for a lvl 100, even if the exp is terrible

7. Ggorge

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I would just screw the skill point requirement, and just keep the element system. That could turn out well.

Red_Fox_Rogue likes this.
  8. The One-eyed Guy

The One-eyed Guy that guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ah, but that's not how weapons work anymore. You're not supposed to adjust your skill points to weapons- You're supposed to choose your weapons according to your skill points. Play to your strengths- Like to be a tank? Use Fire weapons. Like dealing high damage? Then chances are you have Strength points and you'll do best with Earth weapons. Please try to understand how the system works before complaining about it.

9. Kahsol

Kahsol Local Serial Liker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    and if that weapon is end-game? hive infused?

10. The One-eyed Guy

The One-eyed Guy that guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm pretty sure all you need for the Hive weapons are to be level 100 and to have completed the Qira Hive.
    As for the hive armor pieces- Come on, you'd be level 100. Surely you'd at least have 33 points in each, right?

11. Tantibus

Tantibus Chairman of the Wynnviet Union, God of Dern CT Manager HERO GM CMD

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The problem is that you're looking at this wrong. You're not being forced into using a build. It's saying "hey, if you're using this build this armor might be good for you" There's like 1800 items so you can't complain that you won't find another decent piece of gear to use instead.

Killoli and Cruuk like this.
  12. supf

supf Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    i just don't like how this works now it was fun and free now it is hardcore and prison i like the hardcore part but not the prison part ( Builds )

13. InvertedReaper

InvertedReaper The Nigerian Soothsayer HERO

Minecraft:
    If they remove the minimum stat requirement, everyone would just be using the exact same items like before the update. The whole point of the requirements (in my opinion) is to promote diversity in equipment depending on what build you're using and what you're trying to accomplish (tank, cleric, all-out damage, etc.). When you go down a certain path, certain items will become available to you. You just need to look for them.

Triverr, Kokaga and Cruuk like this.
  14. Troll4ever31

Troll4ever31 Designed to be a moron.

I really like this system personally, when powders get re-added, it'll be even better!

Cruuk likes this.
  15. Butter garden

Butter garden Your Average Farmer John

or they could have made it like it was in the teaser where thunder and air weapons hit fast but have no knockback and earth and fire hit slow but have high knockback and water weapons focus on skills but nooo the bullshit skill requirements make it so much grinding that it adds to the halved xp from monsters too!

16. Michael Aurelius

Michael Aurelius Newbie Adventurer

What I see is a bunch of annoyances who do not realize the work that staff has put into this system.
    If you don't like it, find another server, it's that simple.

17. xKindredKinesis

xKindredKinesis .[_]. VIP

Minecraft:
    If you guys are having trouble with the new system, I suggest you give it a few weeks.
    Once you find better gear for the build you're choosing, things will be a lot clearer, given time.

A good starter gear is Champion Armor, if you've beaten the Tower of Ascension.
    It has no beginning skill requirements, and as a set bonus gives a pretty good XP Bonus.

Cruuk likes this.
  18. Red_Fox_Rogue

Red_Fox_Rogue Big fan of cacti VIP+

Minecraft:
    The skill point-dependent system is AWFUL. It doesn't make intuitive sense, and as a mostly spell damage/intelligence/agility build, the best armor to compliment it is things that are now exclusive to strength builds. I love the new item system with trade-offs for different items, but adding SP reqs seems unnecessary. Especially since it's 4096 emeralds to try and switch builds...
    This is still possible. Some people won't care about a high hit to movement speed, for example. Diversity is accomplished just by extra stats in items. Skill point requirements mean some superior choices are exclusive to some builds, even if they might compliment another build better. It just doesn't make sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.