Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Personal Islands

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Tooti_Fruutie, Dec 6, 2015.

Tags:
?

What do you think about Islands/Housing?

1. TOTALLAY!!!! I want it to be added!

28.6%
  2. Mebe.................... =3

25.7%
  3. Naaaw......

45.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tooti_Fruutie

Tooti_Fruutie Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Hello everyone, this is my first post and I have an idea for a personal island/housing system! (please be warned, this thread is a bit long!)

My idea is that once a player reaches a certain level, they can purchase a floating island. Once bought for a bit of a high price, you will be teleported to another area which will contain your floating island, you will be able to access this via your compass.

Guilds will be able to make Guild-Halls where all members can teleport to, so they can hang out.

You will be given a house to start with on your island, but it will be empty. You can buy decoration blocks/other blocks from furniture shops in the province. These items will be automagically sent to your mailbox (which is a chest on a fence outside your house) to access when you get to your island. Including a shop selling netherwarts and brewing stands, (for the brewers.) Brewed potions can be sent to the player in the wynncraft world which can be accessed by chests in the compass - not taking the place of the daily loot though.

Ranks can get larger islands, but you can expand it with an increasing price of emerald blocks.

You will be able to buy axes/pickaxes from certain merchants, right clicking trees and stone will make particles fly out of them and in a while, a wood/stone block will pop out, however not destroying the landscape! I know this is possible because I've seen it being done on another server. You can send these to your island by an enderchest icon in your compass!

Finally, I would like to add friends to this new system.
    You will be able to invite friends over to your own island by a command, or if you like, you can add your friends to build on your island! you can also connect two islands togetherwith a bridge if both players approve, however, this will disable island expansion because that will be too hard on the staff! Be nice! This is a good server!

By Mochi_Brewster

SuperTM likes this.
  2. Ascended Kitten

Ascended Kitten The Greatest HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well, Housing has been suggested before, and this kind of looks like a copy with islands instead of houses to me :3
    Also, please stop basing suggestions on Hyp... housing system, they aren't unique anymore.

CheesePrince13 and Chino like this.
  3. Hiryu

Hiryu not so lazy artist VIP

Minecraft:
    Seems interesting, I give a 1+

4. Vortexi

Vortexi Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Interesting idea, although I think the lag that would come with this would be intense. It also defeats the purpose of a free-roaming RPGMMO as this would make it a plot-world server, which it isn't. Nevertheless, a decent function although I think it should be VIP and above only to stop lag and overall just keep the game object the same.

Kirby_villa and blankman like this.
  5. Oh_Yeah_MrKrabs

Oh_Yeah_MrKrabs Bird Wizard VIP+

Minecraft:
    With housing being suggested a lot, this one seems okay

6. Tooti_Fruutie

Minecraft:
    thanks!
    maybe it should be vip only.
    Or for guilds only

7. TrashcanMan

TrashcanMan Hello I am here

VIP only would make a lot of people sad, though guild only seems like a good way to keep the lag down.

8. Tooti_Fruutie

Minecraft:
    *Mochi Agrees*

9. King_Wasabi

King_Wasabi Meme Lord

I think it this is a great idea! But as others fave said, the lag could be a problem. The VIP and up suggestions is a good idea.

What if the islands were for guilds only? So one island per guild. And the higher level your guild is the more land you get.

Another thing is whether or not storage would be a problem to have. Having a bank that you can constantly tp to seems a bit op.

10. SPYROHAWK

SPYROHAWK Head Grand Theorist HERO

Minecraft:
    Guild Islands make sense, I know I saw another thread a bit ago about Guild Halls and the such.

But everyone have in a house?

Housing suggestions have all been turned down for a reason, this is an MMORPG server, not a plot server...

Zitrine likes this.
  11. Tooti_Fruutie

Minecraft:
    its still always nice, even if it is just a pre-built guild hall with npcs that sell more valuable stuff as the guild levels up....
    Also, its not a bank, its a way to transfer blocks to your island.

12. King_Wasabi

King_Wasabi Meme Lord

I didn't mean that the mailbox was a bank. I just thought that the islands would come with a bank as well and that didn't sound like a good idea.

13. Zitrine

Zitrine Lore-kun CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Kinda agree with this guy here, it's a MMORPG server, not a server where you should build houses on.
    Although the aspect of having Guild Islands would be cool. You purchase an island for the Guild, and when you go to the island, there is a merchant with different drawings of a house you can build. I would like it to be like Skyrim's expansion pack Hearthfire, where you build a house, but you don't build it with you own hands. We do, afterall, want nice Guild Islands, aye? ;D

14. Nesaak

Nesaak Good boy HERO

Minecraft:
    This is a great idea but due to the EULA it cant just be for vips because it voilates mojangs code of EULA

15. blankman

blankman Wynncraft Boomer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Nope.

16. King_Wasabi

King_Wasabi Meme Lord

Guilds are not VIP only. So having the islands guild-based will allow all players to have this ability.

17. Felix_Flame

Felix_Flame The Phoenix King VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This would not violate the EULA if VIP's had larger islands, this whole suggestion is a vanity suggestion. Having a island will not help you earn XP or Emeralds.

18. joshua123_4

joshua123_4 Lord of Chaos, Master of Destruction

This seems like a good idea, buts as other people said, it could cause lots of lag and defeats the MMORPG purpose, though guild-wide islands/ halls/ bases/ ect. sounds pretty cool, though maybe, like someone else said, there would be custom trades as the guild levels up. (and maybe not be able to edit your guild hall, it should automatically grow in size as your this levels up)

19. Flubby

Flubby left and accidentally became leftist VIP+

Minecraft:
    So... Time to explain why this wont be implemented into Wynncraft.

First off, our servers cannot handle generating a whole island for each player who ever logged in. That's over 10,000 islands, with around 150x150x150 block area (including air) each... So 150^3*10,000 = 33,750,000,000 blocks generated simultaneously.

Best case scenario: Lets say the server is fried so bad it can barely function, and that every hour, 1000 islands are loaded and unloaded (not individual), then in a day 24,000 islands are loaded and unloaded, meaning 81,000,000,000 blocks are loaded and unloaded daily. If every chunk (16x16x256) of that is compressed, it would take an immense amount of memory, which simply, Wynn doesn't have.

(Copy pasta skills op)

20. TheNecromancer

TheNecromancer dead

Minecraft:
    Hay, I like this.
    It literally Housing+.

You gained "+0" supporter(s).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.