Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Translations For Quests, Messages...

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Regress7140, Nov 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Regress7140

Regress7140 Well-Known Adventurer

I know it is difficult to make a language System for the hole server, but it can be done... My suggestion is to make this system for many Players avaible, they can read Quests better etc. and can translate online (at Github or so).

I can translate into the german language, if need. I hope you like it ;) I know many comes from Europe or so, it is very useful. :)

Greetings from Germany

2. blankman

blankman Wynncraft Boomer VIP+

Minecraft:
    This is a great idea, but... (1) You are speeking english, so I see no problem. (2) Minecraft is a mostly english game, and it would be hard/annoying to implement.

3. faragoo

faragoo Gavel citizen

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I know a server who know what language you use and who adapt to this language, you know, this would be a great idea, because I know the struggle of friends who don't want to join because they don't speak english.

@blankman what's the problem ? This guy want Wynncraft to have multiple language, he even want to help !
    And the "mostly english"... You know what ? I hate people who thinks like you, for you, because its in english, peoples who don't speak english can't play ?
    We don't say you will be forced to have to play in german, BUT, germans peoples will be able to play in german

Alexandress, CookedPelvis, -- and 4 others like this.
  4. Zytabyte

Zytabyte That One Math Nerd HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is a very good suggestion, actually. I hate how there aren't any servers that are multilingual. It's always English. I wish I could offer to help too, but sadly I'm only JUST starting to learn French. Sidenote, it wouldn't be hard to do this. Just have an option to select your language when you join the server. Either that, or create a mod that reads what language you are using in your player data. Anyway, this should DEFINITELY be a thing.

5. TrashcanMan

TrashcanMan Hello I am here

It's not hard to make an option for selecting your language, the hard part is actually translating everything. Google translate works but it sucks so all of it would have to be done by hand by community members. That said, I'm willing to help translate into Mandarin if this becomes a thing.

-- likes this.
  6. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    it doesn't have to be in game, for now we can just post all of the text on the forums or a document.

Enderman1234 and Jacksohn_01 like this.
  7. YYGAYMER

YYGAYMER reeeee FW FW HIC Master HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ka L'argwit: Fa yna tuusat! Dra sykel uv drec cylnat dnaa ryc paah lunnibdat.
    Ka L'argwit: Oui tuh'd ihtancdyht y funt E ys cyoehk. Dryd kio Krattson ybbaync du cbayg ouin myhkiyka

[Troubled tribesman quest]

8. Recku

Recku The lord of the ducks VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I wouldn't do a translation, one of the best things for me in this server is that as not-native English, I've learnt a lot of it. This is an opportunity, if they translated it, you wouldn't read anymore in english in this server... Just my opinion :D

But... I like the idea of clicking the text and it opens an internet page with the translation.

9. Ackro

Ackro The true Elite Quadbrid! HERO

Minecraft:
    We can be very enthusiastic about this, and I could also help out with a few languages. Although, in the team it is near impossible to get the coders to do something other than drinking coffee, so making them do a trivial thing like this is impossible for now.

10. Dar-krusos

Dar-krusos We never change do we; no, no, no~ VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There is an existing tool on GitHub that has multiple translations already, but for older quests. It was made by several of the mods and translators from the community. Though it is not as useful as in-game translations, it was a thing.

Revive dis plz

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  11. Lady_of_Rohan

Lady_of_Rohan I want to stop philosophizing, but I Kant.

If this ever becomes a thing, I can translate everything to Portuguese and Spanish.

Ascended Kitten likes this.
  12. Dar-krusos

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
    i eat bees likes this.
  13. C0okieking

C0okieking Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    He's right if it's English only English speaking people should play. Others just ruin the community. Just take a look at CSGO

14. meolord

meolord Posh Cat who likes other cats VIP

Minecraft:
    Well, if this will be implemented then we, as the community should have a vote to see the % of the audience from different countries to see which languages should be prioritized. The major languages as it seems are: German, Spanish and Korean (and of course English). But this should not affect the quality of the quests by any means.

-Greetings from a native Russian!

15. Dar-krusos

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There are a lot of Scandinavians, seemingly more than any other, so these north Germanic languages should be of higher priority than all, except for German.

16. ScrubSaito

ScrubSaito Always a scrub

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, for quests it looks like a good idea. But the problem I see for not speaking English ,and particularly on this server, is the other players. Like how will you talk to them for help or for trading ? Or just how will you understand them ? You can still play in the server but you'll miss something.

17. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I ran the country statistics thread before 9/7. we had a non english majority of Germans, then Israelis then we had a couple from each state mostly Scandinavia and the rest.
    I already started translating the quests and at the current rate of 2 quests a day I will be done in less then 1 month.

Moe_Ronickah likes this.
  18. Kahsol

Kahsol Local Serial Liker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    where the hell did you get that from?
    english only comes as the default language when you get the game, and their had to be a default language

blankman and Dar-krusos like this.
  19. blankman

blankman Wynncraft Boomer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I guess I got caught up in the moment; I apologize.

20. Kahsol

Kahsol Local Serial Liker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    :3 everyone probably forgives you

blankman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.