Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World | Books |

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Tepgam, Nov 7, 2015.

?

What do you think of this suggestion?

1. I like it

23 vote(s)
    79.3%
  2. Not bad, but could be improved

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  3. I don't really like it

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tepgam

Tepgam Tepgam the explorer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hello everyone, TrollPlaysGames here
    I have been thinking about similar ideas for some time and today i decided to share some of them.

First of all, let's start with the basic question..

What will books do?
    Books could tell the lore of an area, race, event and other things, they could also tell you a story or give useful tips and information.

Why would this be needed?
    It would help newer players understand the province better. It would also encourage people to do more theories, look for books, perhaps even try to decode a message. Books could also be useful for making hiden secrets in the world or creating harder relics.

Alright, but how would we obtain them?
    There are multiple ways to obtain books, each way has it's own books.

Book stores.
    You can find bookstores around the province, usualy in towns. In each bookstore there will be an NPC that can sell you different books. The books sold by the NPCs will mostly contain main lore or short stories, sometimes longer stories, but for a bigger price.

Mob Drops.
    Mobs will have a low chance to drop books related to the area they are in. For example, if you kill a pigman in the pigman ravines, you have a chance to get a book about something around the pigman ravines/ravine village. These books will be a little bit more interesting than the ones you can buy, since they are a lot harder to get. They can contain interesting lore, notes that can help you find secrets, long-lost stories and similar things.

Quests.
    You will be able to get books as rewards for some quests. The book will be related to the quest/the areas the quest takes place in.

Relics.
    Some of the relics you will find will be in the form of an old book. The books will have hidden messages and/or puzzles or special old languages. These books can take you to other, harder relics, that have better loot.

Who would write these books?
    Writing books could either be a part of the GM job or it could have it's own team, I'm not fully sure about this.

---
    Alright, now that i have covered some of the basic questions, let's get on to some of the details.

Authors
    Authors are a small detail, sometimes not even noticed in minecraft books. You could find books written by quest NPCs, the name of an author could be a clue for decoding a hidden message, or it could tell you about the style of the book without even opening it.

Books written by the same authors would be written in the same style.
    For example, if a book is written in a syle like this -

October 25th
    ---
    Today i saw a strange looking
    man pass by my house. He was
    carrying a bowl and some shrooms.
    He looked like he was in a rush.

---
    Other books by the same outhor will have the same formatting or writing style.

Book collection
    Carrying around a full inventory of books could become annoying, so instead of carrying books in your inventory, they would be stored in your Book Collection.
    The "Book Collection" would be a new section in the compass.
    It would contain all the books you have found before. Whenever you get a book that you don't have yet, it goes into your collection consuming the item. If you already have the book in your collection, it stays in your inventory and you can trade it to others or keep it.
    From your book collection you could easly acces and read any book you have found so far.

[​IMG]

That's it for the suggestion for now, but remember that I will try to add more things to it!
    Please tell me if anything needs to be changed/improved, feedback is always appriciated ;)

2. Ferne

Ferne Lead Strategist and Nice Plant [UEZ]

Guild:
    I personally love the idea. Books would be a great way to expand on the already vast lore that's Wynncraft.

However, at the same time, I think there's one major flaw in the problem; a lot of people just don't read lore or are interested in that kind of thing.

Even more experienced players, even some that I know, only really play for the game itself and don't immerse themselves in the lore very much (because there's still lore at the moment, it's just a hassle to find). It won't really add anything that players like that would actually need, unless, of course, there're quest directions and the like inside of the books.

Lore is important, obviously, and it's great for newer players but if it's intended just to make new players feel more comfortable with Wynncraft it's going to be a lot of reading. as I said before, Wynncraft's lore is already so vast that teaching it all to a new player (even if it's over time) might be a bit overwhelming sometimes.

I mean, take a look at Destiny. The lore is entirely on a separate website and most of the time isn't well integrated into the base storyline. No one wants to navigate to a different website just to read lore that won't really add anything to their experience besides a bit of knowledge on backstory and a little roleplay-factor.

TL;DR Good idea in my opinion, but the reception might be awry

Tapu_Fini likes this.
  3. Tepgam

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I am aware that there are people who usualy don't read lore. A small solution that i thought of was the Relic books. Some of them would require you to know atleast a little bit of the lore of some areas, so people would have to look into the lore to get the reward. But still, there would be some people who probably wont read the lore even if it could give them a reward.

4. 3DSMate

3DSMate The shadow assassin VIP+

Minecraft:
    Hey.
    Why not add more lore?
    Great idea "Book guy!"

5. stlast

stlast Wybel on a Raft CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    As mentioned above, the flaw with this is that some people are simply uninterested in lore.

But, as a lore freak myself, I say +1.

6. Kahsol

Kahsol Local Serial Liker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Suggestion: A category for one area's books. Like the bought books and the dropped ones, so no confusion.

7. Inceptus

Inceptus Silent forums lurker

I personally love books, so I love this idea! Great job man, I support this!

8. TheAsianBread

TheAsianBread Freshly baked at EoE's bakery

Guild:
    Yay books now we have a reason to FARM bob to get a book

9. TheNecromancer

TheNecromancer dead

Minecraft:
    I honestly love this idea. Lore is a highly-important part in RPG's.

You have gained +1 supporters.

10. Tepgam

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hmm.. it's a good suggestion, i was thinking making them different items. For example - Bought ones would be written books, dropped ones could be enchanted books and similar. Different sections could work too

11. TrashcanMan

TrashcanMan Hello I am here

It would probably be easier to just have different sections for bought and dropped books. Or maybe sort them by level/region.

12. AndriX3S

AndriX3S \\☢☣ Jägermeister ☣☢// VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I love this idea! I support this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.