Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Villager Quest Voices(please Read Before Disliking!!!)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by shaharcoolmen, Nov 6, 2015.

?

you like the idea?(READ EVERYTHING BEFORE VOTING!!)(COMMENT WHY IF NOT!!!!)

1. yes(if you like can you please consider reposting?)

2. no(i swer if you just dont like the idea because you think its impossible!)(SAY WHY!!!)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaharcoolmen

shaharcoolmen SHsuperCM

Guild:
    so i had this awsome idea that villagers with quest lines will talk
    but then i thought there is no way only the wynn team will be able to do all of that
    so i kept thinking on how to improve the idea and came up with an awsome system!

the idea is there will be a forum system made of sound files with like and dislike and people will upload the text the villagers need to read(you will have to upload every line that the villager say from normal lines to all the stages of the quest lines that this spesific villager talks in[you will not be able to do the voice to the other villagers that are in the quest if you will win the line!])
    people will upload the texts pack of the villager they want and people will like/dislike the voice, that way we will know if the voice they made
    by that i mean if the like/dislike ratio will be something like more than idk 1:5? in the end of the week they will win the text, if there is another person with that ratio whoever has the higher like/dislike ratio wins!

also there will need to be search tag for each villager so we can filter them all and people that have no search tag on their text will be disquallified..
    and if someone won with their text they will get removed from the current forum and will be moved to the "won the text" forum

PLEASE DO NOT START SAYING STUPID STUFF LIKE
    "OH IM AN IDIOT THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE TO DO IN MINECRAFT!"
    "YOU CANNOT DO THIS IN MINECRAFT BECAUSE IM STUPID AND I DONT KNOW THAT THIS IS POSSIBLE"
    THIS CAN BE DONE!!!!
    THERE IS A SOUND FILE SYSTEM THAT MAKES THIS POSSIBLE!!
    {http://tinyurl.com/np8utpd}

2. Tantibus

Tantibus Chairman of the Wynnviet Union, God of Dern CT Manager HERO GM CMD

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's possible but it'd take a huge amount of voice acting. Probably more than its worth for such a small addition.

3. Kahsol

Kahsol Local Serial Liker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    *cough* resource pack with invisible jukebox

4. AlphaRue

AlphaRue half-blob blod slayer

Minecraft:
    Cool idea, but I dont think many people would actually have submissions

5. shaharcoolmen

shaharcoolmen SHsuperCM

Guild:
    are you kidding me? there is no way they'll use invisible jukeboxes! you need to watch the video, go to the tinyurl link i made...

6. Drew1011

Drew1011 Former Viceroy of the Foxes / Reviver of Kingdoms HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    They use invisible jukeboxes for the music I believe.

7. Tantibus

Tantibus Chairman of the Wynnviet Union, God of Dern CT Manager HERO GM CMD

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't know how an "invisible" jukebox would function, for a number of reasons. The songs are all noteblock music, so it's probably as simple as playing all of the sounds.

8. yotamdin

yotamdin Is actually a cute anime girl in real life VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I really like the idea!! But only one thing: it would take so much time, and voice acting to do it (as @Tanibus said) , and also, if you make every npc with different voice it could be taking forever! But I really do think that you came up with a cool and a creative idea! :)

EDIT: For some reason, it didn't work...

9. shaharcoolmen

shaharcoolmen SHsuperCM

Guild:
    WTH?! they use playsound through bukkit code!
    they will actually soon use the real music instead of the noteblock stuff...
    grian tweeted me...

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

i know it would take a long time but the community will add the sound as time goes by...
    what will happen is some villagers will talk and some will wait to get a voice...
    sooner than you think tons of people will do voices and by the end of 2016(theoreticly and if it will start now..) we will have all of the villagers talk...

_EDIT_ WHAT IF YOU WILL GET GC IF YOU WIN?! WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT!?

10. yotamdin

yotamdin Is actually a cute anime girl in real life VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    But they are working on Gavel right now, so doing that will take them a lot of time. And if some will have voices and some won't it'll be weird. Like if some armours would have skins, and some not. If you do It, you need to do it on everything

11. Gustaf

Gustaf Veteran or something HERO

Minecraft:
    Yeah, I'll just let you know that for example the Detlas Theme soundtrack is 4 MB itself. Think about that with all the other songs it has. Sure, with new sounds and all the pack will be amazing but the size will be pretty large.

12. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Doesn't seem prudent or practical, and I don't think it'll really add all that much. Coming up with voices for each character in my head is one of the funnest parts of games for me, so having them all given lines kinda ruins that. Plus, the messages they give after the quest is complete will get grating fast.

13. kolleden

kolleden Bop Bop VIP+

Minecraft:
    what was that? i couldn't read what you said i was too busy disliking

14. Violet Knight

Violet Knight Aspiring front-end developer HERO

Minecraft:
    I actually quite like this idea, because it the forum members can make the sound resource packs, so you don't have to hear the dialogue if you don't want to. The only thing the builders/gm's would have to do is make an option for the dialogue text to be slowed down, and execute a command that plays a certain sound (for example, bobstomb7.wav or enzansbrother4) when the next line of dialogue is spoken.

shaharcoolmen likes this.
  15. shaharcoolmen

shaharcoolmen SHsuperCM

Guild:
    sometimes i really cant belive that there are people like you... grow up because this is not bothering me...

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

FINALLY A NORMAL PERSON GETS AN IDEA!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I MIS HAVING PEOPLE LIKE YOU IN THE COMMUNITY!
    i didnt realize that my caps was on for the whole thing...

i will not follow the idea anymore!! i will not see any messages from here!!

16. MinerDwarf222

MinerDwarf222 I AM A DWARF. HERO

Minecraft:
    Only reasons why I don't think this would be a good idea.
    1. It would take a long while for all the different voices to actually be made
    2. Most people I think would not to download something and install it just for voices.
    3. It would also make it so people would have to get that otherwise they will just hear say.. a ghast scream in the background instead of the villager talking.

17. Troll4ever31

Troll4ever31 Designed to be a moron.

This suggestion has too much capital text in it for me to take it seriously.
    The idea is also rather useless, plenty of video games can do fine without voice acting, and wynncraft isn't an exeption.

OrientGamer and CheesePrince13 like this.
  18. --

-- The world's most popular Minecraft server

Except the 'tons of people' you expect to be willing to do voice acting will 99% be 11-year-olds with shitty mics.

19. The One-eyed Guy

The One-eyed Guy that guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    A cool idea, but...

There are thousands of NPCs and only so many soundtracks. /playsound only works for certain sounds, and as far as I know, you cannot have multiple .ogg files for one soundtrack. Many /playsounds are already used for mob sounds. I mean, you didn't necessarily explain that. There are only thirty or so music files, which will also play randomly as background music. If you could explain this one problem, I'd like this very much.

P.S. It's hard to take you seriously when you don't use grammar or use caps lock too much, if you really want to have this idea in you should show it by using capable English.

P.P.S. Since you said you weren't gonna watch this any more, then I'll just tag you here @shaharcoolmen

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  20. kolleden

kolleden Bop Bop VIP+

Minecraft:
    jeez some people cant understand jokes

Yuno F Gasai likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.