Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Housing

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by killerboy2807, Oct 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killerboy2807

killerboy2807 Shrek

I'd love for this to be added. Just when i'm sick of grinding and all that - I can go over to my house and relax a bit there.

And no I do not mean that every player will have their own seperate houses built around the map, as that would severely limit things. It would be more like (a) housing discrict/s where each house is different and can be purschased. Once you purchase a house you will be able to go in there (or use some sort of item) - and you will (not shown to the player) be teleported far away to a place filled with clone houses - the one you stand in is your own personal house.

Maybe even allow decorating or whatever, I dunno. All I know is that sometimes I want to relax, and currently that isn't too much of an option in wynncraft atm.

Oh yes, and this would add another thing to spend money (emeralds) on - something wynncraft (and most other RPG's) really suffer from not having enough of.

TalkingKittyCat and Archerym like this.
  2. Ziel

Ziel Drifting far away HERO

Minecraft:
    We all know for a fact now that this will never be added, due to how many servers have this feature and how it serves no purpose. Also, the mass amount of houses would lag the server more than it already is. I'm not a big fan of this idea.

blankman and WootInABoot like this.
  3. killerboy2807

killerboy2807 Shrek

Housing has always been a (kinda) major part of MMORPG's actually.
    And if the houses are right next to each other (the only lag-creating part of it would be the chunks) then I doubt it would lag too much. Though this is a really good point anyhow.

4. Ziel

Ziel Drifting far away HERO

Minecraft:
    Not trying to start a flame war, but housing isn't really important when you have cities in which you can use teleportations scrolls to reach filled with houses. Also, housing has never really done anything good for Minecraft servers. Mineplates' housing system got a lot of criticism. Also, there are more than 1000 players in Wynn. I predict 2000 when Gavel comes out. 1000 houses on bothsides of a lane? It'd still be laggy. Just my opinion though, feel free to keep this thread alive! ;)

5. Recku

Recku The lord of the ducks VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'll create a threat somehow similar to this. Housing by Guilds: I mean, each guild can have a house in a ingame city. Already build in the map. That would be great, and would also be a meeting point for guilds :D

6. killerboy2807

killerboy2807 Shrek

I think the only lag creating part is the chunks loading (while a lot of blocks means a lot of FPS lag, but that doesn't matter as long as you yourself aren't loading the entire world constantly), meaning that if people aren't in them no lag is going to appear.
    This would really only create very minor amounts of lag, due to how going around in the wynn will anyways force you to load chunks anyways.

Those houses isn't really your own house, something that may or may not ruin it. Though I guess not being able to see out of your house (as the outside would be just a huge flat world to avoid extreme amounts of work) makes it less special.

7. Recku

Recku The lord of the ducks VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'll do the post this weekend. I'll message you the link to it :D

8. The_Roberto

The_Roberto Dango daikazoku! ^^

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I will just say this... This is propably NEVER going to be added....

Think how it would be fun like everyone is sayin NO! to this and thern when gavel-update comes out wynnstaff is going to be like WE ADDED HOUSIN! :D (not gonna happen)

blankman likes this.
  9. blankman

blankman Wynncraft Boomer VIP+

Minecraft:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.