Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Frequently Asked Questions

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Capa, Sep 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capa

Capa Game of Thrones/Asoiaf Mega-Nerd

Guild:
    Frequently Asked Questions✦

This thread’s purpose is to have an index of all the common questions.
    All credit to the content of this thread prior to it's reposting goes to @Fox

Moderators' job: Keep this thread update with frequently asked questions and listen to the suggestions of questions that could be indexed into this thread.

Community's job: Share this thread, point suggestions and reference people with questions to it if the answer to their question is provided in here.

Content Summary
    In this thread you will find answers to the following questions:

General Guidelines
    • Where can I find the rules?
    • Where can I report players?
    • If I found an exploit or glitch. Where can I report it?
    • If I was banned. What do I do?
    • Where can I contact Moderators?
    • If I think I saw someone duping, hacking or abusing. What do I do?
    • Is bumping threads allowed?
    • How do I link my in-game account to the forums?

Support
    • Where can I contact support?
    • When do I have to contact support?
    • What is support’s purpose?
    • Official Support mediums

Applications & Ranks
    • Where can I apply for Moderator?
    • What do Moderators do?
    • Where can I apply for Builder?
    • What do Builders do?
    • Where can I apply for Game Master?
    • What do Game Masters do?
    • Where can I apply for the Youtuber Rank?
    • What are the perks of the rank?
    • How can I be eligible to the rank?
    • Where can I apply for the Artist Position?
    • What do the colors of ranks mean?

In-game Questions
    • I am stuck in the Map. What do I do?
    • I am lost In Wynncraft. What methods can I use to find my location?
    • What plugins does Wynncraft use?
    • My Hunger isn’t regenerating. What I do?
    • Wynncraft is down, what do I do?
    • Everything armour skins.

Classes
    • How can I access Hunter, Knight, Dark Mage, Ninja Classes?
    • Can I get my class reset?
    • Can I reset the skill points of my class?
    • When I change from class to class, does my class save or is the process lost?
    • If I level on a class, are my levels transferrable?

Pets
    • What are Pets?
    • Where can I obtain pets?
    • Do Pets have perks other than cosmetic?

Quests
    • Are Quest items important?
    • Am I allowed to get rid of Quest items?
    • If I lost a quest item, what do I do?
    • How do I do X,Y,Z quest?
    • Where is Bob The Zombie located and why do I need to know?
    • Can I do multiple quests simultaneously?
    • I started a Quest where the Non-playable Character (NPC) asks me for multiple items. I have given then to him yet he keeps displaying the same prompt. Did I do something wrong?
    • '???'
    Items
    • What items aren't I allowed to have or sell?
    • What items aren't I allowed to sell but have?
    • What is considered a scam?
    • One of my items glitched, can I get it back?
    • What is Grian’s Trusty Ocean Map?
    • What is Salted’s Trusty Poop?
    • What is Seekers’ Aid?
    • What is an Item Bomb?

Nether
    • What is The Nether in Wynncraft?
    • If I am stuck in The Nether. What do I do?
    • If I die on the Nether. Do I lose Soul Points?
    • Where can I look at the Nether Stats?

General Guidelines

Here you will find information mostly on community guidelines, rules, basic knowledge of Wynncraft’s system and how authoritarian is it.

Where can I find the rules?
    Anything rules related is on the Forum’s NoticeBoard. Here are the links to the threads regarding your conduct:
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/rules.89134/

Where can I report players?
    If you have sufficient evidence and want to report a player from in-game of rom the forums, post a report here: https://forums.wynncraft.com/forums/player-reports.83/
    If you are in-game and perhaps do not have sufficient evidence, you can still report a player using the /report command. This will prompt a moderator to supervise the reportee.

If I found an exploit or glitch. What do I do?
    For glitches, report them here: https://github.com/Wynncraft/Issues/
    For Exploits, since we don’t want the disclosure of them, report them to a moderator exclusively or report them by contacting [email protected] through email.

If I was banned. What do I do?
    You can post a ban appeal here:
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/forums/ban-appeals.84/
    Make sure to follow the guidelines on how to post a ban appeal, here:
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/✎-appeal-submission-guide-✎.89247/

Where can I contact Moderators?
    Methodically you can contact them by doing /report in-game to report players.
    For private reasons, you can contact them via the forums. Please, do not contact them via their profile, contact them via Private Message.

If I think I saw someone duping, hacking or abusing. What do I do?
    You can gather evidence and report them on the forums with it, do /report in-game if it is just a speculation or contact a moderator privately about it.

Is bumping threads allowed on the Forums?
    Bumping threads is allowed on the forums. Usually, it is regarded by users on the forums as a bit annoying, since it is an attempt to get more views on their thread that should otherwise not be deserved after its subject died down. Regardless, there is certainly no rule against doing so.
    Please do not bump unnecessarily regularly however.

How do I link my account to the forums?
    You do /forum in-game and that should link your forums account with your in-game account.
    If /forum does not work, contact [email protected] (email).

Support

Where can I contact Support?
    You can contact Support via [email protected]

When do I have to contact Support?
    Support comes into place whenever there is a problem regarding any sponsorship rank, Pets, exploits, and questions that are unusual.

What is support’s purpose?
    Support acts as a method of communication for the community to ask questions about purchases you made or glitches that had happened to you and would like to get fixed.
    For example, lets say you did a quest yet realised that your XP glitched and you didn’t gain the XP you should have had. To resolve this, you take screenshots of the evidence and email Support about it.

Official Support Mediums:
    Email: [email protected]

Ranks & Applications

Where can I apply for Moderator?
    You can submit your application for a Moderator. This application works differently from GM and Builder ones. Here is a thread with all the information about it: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/moderator-applications-open.184669/

What do Moderators do?
    Moderators are responsible for enforcing the server and forum rules, and deal with banning players, responding to appeals and therefore unbanning players, as well as muting, etc.
    Please note that moderators cannot restart servers or fix connection issues. This is the admins' job.

Where can I apply for Builder?
    You have to submit your application where it will be reviewed and denied or accepted. Here is a thread with all the information about it: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/how-to-apply-for-the-official-wynncraft-content-team.89144

What do Builders do?
    Builders are responsible for constructing the amazing cities and world in which our server is set.

Where can I apply for Game Master?
    Just like Builder, you undergo an application process. Here is a thread with all the information about it: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/how-to-apply-for-the-official-wynncraft-content-team.89144

What do Game Masters do?
    Game Masters are responsible for making the immersive quests, mobs and items found on our server.

Where can I apply for the Youtuber Rank?
    There is no application form. To get the Youtuber Rank you will need enough subscribers and videos about Wynn, the rank will be given to you if you meet these requirements.

What are the perks of it?
    YouTubers get /hide and a unique color name.

How can I be eligible for the rank?
    To have a minimum of a few thousand subscribers along with constant Wynn videos.

Where can I apply for the Artist Position?
    Artist Rank is an exclusive rank. Just like moderators, you can not apply for it, you are chosen by Administration. Rank is given to those who work as artist on Wynncraft.

What do the colours of ranks mean?

Grey: Normal Member
    Green: VIP
    Aqua: VIP+
    Purple: HERO
    Teal: Builder, Game Master, Command Blocker, Artist, or Composer.
    Orange: Moderator
    Dark Red: Administrator
    Magenta: YouTuber

In-game Questions

I am stuck in The Map. What do I do?
    Before all, if you have 6 or more Soul Points, do /kill to avoid most of the commotion and for it to be a quick process. If you do not have 6 Soul Points, I recommend stalling in-game until you receive enough Soul Points, eventually following what is indicated above. if its unlikely that you have 6 Soul Points, you can use a Teleport Scroll instead if you have 2 Soul Points.
    If you can’t wait for either and see a moderator online, ask them to teleport you.

I am lost In Wynncraft. What methods can I use to find my location?
    You can do /kill to be Teleported to the nearest City.
    You can check the Wynncraft Map on the forums: https://map.wynncraft.com

What plugins does Wynncraft use?
    Wynncraft’s plugins are custom made and are patented. If you like them, play the official game.

My Hunger isn’t regenerating. What I do?
    Do /class and reselect your class. This should solve the problem.

Wynncraft is down. What do I do?
    There is nothing else to do than to wait. If there is a huge issue or an update it will most likely be announced on Discord or Twitter

Armour skins:
    Can I deactivate them?

There is no way to deactivate the armour skins.

They’re not loading. What do I do? They do not appear in-game right now. Why?
    Currently armour skins are not available in-game (2/9/17).

They do not appear in-game right now, why?
    The Minecraft Skin servers might be down.

Classes

How can I access Hunter, Knight, Dark Mage, Ninja Classes?
    Hunter and Knight are VIP exclusive Classes. If you would like to play them, you have to buy VIP.
    Dark Mage and Ninja are VIP+ exclusive classes (VIP+ also has access to Hunter and Knight). If you would like to play them, you have to buy VIP+.

Can I get my class reset?
    Yes! This can be done by right clicking on the class profile within the /class window.

Can I reset the skill points of my class?
    Yes you can by selecting "reset skill points" in your compass for a few soul points.

When I change from class to class, does my class save or is the process lost?
    Your process is saved, you will not lose anything. Furthermore, you can share items between classes.

If I level on a class, are my levels transferrable?
    No, you levels are not transferable.

Pets

What are Pets?
    Pets are an in-game companion which the player can buy with real world currency or find in loot crates.

Where can I obtain pets?
    Unique pets can be bought in our store, alternatively you can find other pets in loot crates.
    https://store.wynncraft.com/

Do Pets have perks other than cosmetic?
    No. Due to the EULA pets in Wynncraft currently do not attack mobs, but follow you around. You are also able to ride your pets.

Quests

Are Quest items important?
    They are essential to the Story-line. Quest Items usually have positive connotations, or are items that are similar to legendary items. Story-line Quest items are important for future quests.

Am I allowed to get rid of Quest items?
    No, and getting rid of them will not allow you to finish future quests.

If I lost a quest item, what do I do?
    If you lost an item you can do /fixquest in-game. If it does nothing, you can complete the same quest on another class in order to use that item for the class which lost the quest item. Additionally you can contact support with evidence of your lost item.

How do I do X,Y,Z quest?
    Instructions are given in your Quest Book. Furthermore there is a guide on each quest in our Wiki: https://wiki.wynncraft.com/index.php?title=Quests

Where is Bob The Zombie located and why do I need to know?
    Bob The Zombie is a level 1 mob that spawns in the starting city of Ragni. When killed he has a rare chance to drop the item Bob’s Tear, which is needed as part of the Bob’s Lost Soul quest. He spawns in a 95 radius from the coordinate X: -841 Z:-1574 with 30 seconds of spawn delay.

Can I do multiple quests simultaneously?
    Yes you can.

I started a Quest where the Non-playable Character (NPC) asks me for multiple items. I have given then to him yet he keeps displaying the same prompt. Did I do something wrong?
    Sometimes NPC’s repeat prompts. All you need to care is when “Quest Book Update” appears in chat, meaning that you can progress on the quest.

'???' Quest
    This is a community quest. You are allowed to share any and all information you find with other people.
    For more information: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/the-official-community-event-info.146077/

Items

List of items that the player is not allowed to possess or sell:

• Vanilla Items (ie: Items from standard Minecraft)
    • Duped Items
    • Game Master Items
    • Glitched Items (ie: From /use menu or server selector menu)
    List of items the player is not allowed to sell but can possess:
    • Untradeable items
    • Vanillas that still work as intended
    • Glitched armour (ie: Glitch-dyed)
    • Real world items for in-game items and vise versa (This includes packs from the Wynncraft store)
    What is considered a scam?
    Scamming is considered giving players false information for the persuasion of the sell of the item.
    Scamming is considered selling items for more than what a Merchant is selling for.

One of my items glitched for x,y,z reason. Can I get it back?
    Wynncraft has a strict no refund policy for lost items, so you will have to buy them or get them again.

What is Grian’s Trusty Ocean Map?
    Grian’s Trusty Ocean Map is a map that was given upon the Ocean Update. It was a contest on whom could find Grian first would receive the map in recompense. The map now a days is given sporadically by Grian himself through multiple events. Like Nether Armor, the Map can be bought through players.

What is Salted’s Trusty Poop?
    Salted’s Trusty Poop is a vanity item that was dropped by Salted. It was no purpose other than vanity. It can be obtained by Salted or bought through players that have it.

What is Seekers’ Aid?
    Seekers’ Aid is a depressing item that was given in the Gavel Week. Gavel Week hosted a Hide & Seek contest, and whom found the hiders would receive an interchangeable token to exchange for the Seekers Aid. Not all tokens have been exchanged by players, and the Seekers’ Aid as of now is only obtainable through players. Selling the ticket is not allowed, selling the Seekers’ Aid is.

What is an Item Bomb?
    An item bomb is a purchasable item bought from the store. Upon throwing the bomb, it will explode, giving two items to everyone on the server including the thrower. The level range of the items is dependant on your level.

Nether

What is The Nether in Wynncraft?
    Nether is the PVP arena were you can fight with your classes against other players. Nether is a free for all arena. You can access the Nether through the sign in the hub that will teleport you to the Nether or through the portal in-game near Tower of Amnesia and Elkurn, in the corrupted area.

If I am stuck in The Nether. What do I do?
    Simply type /lobby or /hub.

If I die on the Nether. Do I lose Soul Points?
    You do not lose Soul Points in The Nether.

Where can I look at the Nether Stats?
    You can look at them here: https://wynncraft.com/#stats

FAQ Suggestions

As this is a community project, you can suggest questions to be added to the thread in the following Google Doc:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vhcr4q3fLopMNJHG4vBCG5F6fTz34NuKa3XBSg5_6K0/edit

Again this being a community project, anyone should feel free to help out and answer any questions in the comments!

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2017
    Hyco, Greeni, Bloik and 34 others like this.
  2. Ackro

Ackro The true Elite Quadbrid! HERO

Minecraft:
    This seems to be more... developed. I'll just go and remove mine, Capa ;D

Kaelan~ likes this.
  3. Capa

Guild:
    You are welcome to keep it up, yours has some more specific questions not included here :)

4. yotamdin

yotamdin Is actually a cute anime girl in real life VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nice!

Some more questions:
    - when will Gavel be released
    - can I reset my classes
    - what to do if I'm stuck underground

5. Capa

Guild:
    Two of those are already on the thread :P

6. yotamdin

yotamdin Is actually a cute anime girl in real life VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Sorry, I actually read this thread 2 times before and somehow didn't see those 2.

Oops :P

Capa likes this.
  7. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    Where's my name as the answer to who's the spookiest guy around?

--, Lady_of_Rohan and blankman like this.
  8. Capa

Guild:
    Nice try buddy

blankman likes this.
  9. Corcustos

Corcustos It's what it's. CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Dank Wizard*

10. TrashcanMan

TrashcanMan Hello I am here

But what about the Gavel update?

11. Fangiii

Fangiii Twinsies with Kurumiii | Fan of Gяιмм VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    *Cough*
    Things that might help you:

Games that do not relate to Wynncraft/Minecraft go right here:
    Other Games

Wanna spread your idea to the world? Make it here!
    General Suggestions
    Also, wanna nominate someone for Featured Wynncraftian? Here:
    Featured Wynncraftian Nominations

Just Wynncraft in general:
    Wynncraft
    Questions?
    Questions

Got something you wanna sell in the game, but don't wanna say it in the game? Post a market here!
    Trade Market

Update yourself on Wynn, if you're not on, or on and you're just curious!
    News

Don't know anything about how to do something? This can possibly help out!
    Rules & Information

Found a bug you want to report? Report it here!
    Bug reports

Have VIP/VIP+? Welcome to the plaza!
    VIP Plaza

Wanna show off your work to the world? Here ya' go!
    Your Work

Wanna be helpful to the people in need? Here you go:
    Your Services

Needing help with something? Suggest it here:
    The Planning Parlour

Anything that doesn't go with any other section goes here:
    Nemract's Bar
    Wanna play some forum games?
    Forum Games

Wanna share something that is Minecraft related? Post it here:
    Minecraft
    For minecraft news!
    Minecraft News

Need to report someone you saw hacking, or doing something suspicious, or abusing something, etc...? Report it here:
    Player Reports

Did you get banned and need help getting unbanned in game? Here:
    Ban Appeals
    Need help with this?
    ✎ Appeal Submission Guide ✎

Also, come around the Shoutbox! Best way to make friends and meet new people!
    Your journey starts here and now!
    Make yourself at home!
    What I try to do on Introduce Yourself section :d

12. Capa

Guild:
    I feel adding this would be a little unnecessary, most of it is all on the front page on the forums and therefore it is more likely that they would see it on the front page then this thread, I do appreciate your contribution however as well as the effort you put in! <3

13. ZenFrostz

ZenFrostz Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Dark Wizard*

14. Corcustos

Corcustos It's what it's. CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    You make me cri errtiem. ;-;

15. Pokemaniac50

Pokemaniac50 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    What do I do if the NPC repeat prompt goes on forever even though I have all of the items?

16. TrashcanMan

TrashcanMan Hello I am here

If the NPC takes your items and still gives the same message, check your quest book. If the quest book has updated, just keep going with the quest.

Capa likes this.
  17. Fail_To_Fell

Fail_To_Fell Well-Known Adventurer

I have linked my account once, but then I changed my minecraft nickname meanwhile my forums account is still linked to my old minecraft account.
    How do I re-link my account?

If I was right, the /forum command only works for vip member now.

18. stellion0907

stellion0907 is a Tank Warrior

Well.. It would be nice of you to add
    'unable to play a certain class?'

Some players including me are facing this bug-like problem that blocks us from playing.

19. blankman

blankman Wynncraft Boomer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Does this include pre-gavel items?

20. Alex1000650

Alex1000650 Newbie Adventurer

Another question: Which quests can/can't be talked about? I know talking about ??? is a big no no but what can be shared in regards to things like relic quests? Are we allowed to post help threads? Coordinates? What is and isn't against the rules?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.