Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Vip Town

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Erogig, Sep 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erogig

Erogig Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Please add the vip town again vip needs more special things they can do.

Luigi McDingle likes this.
  2. Luigi McDingle

Luigi McDingle Giver of Cookies VIP

Minecraft:
  3. Karist

Karist Moldy Potato Chip

This won't happen anytime soon, simply because of Mojang's EULA. Servers are not allowed to offer advantages for paying members. Same with double xp for VIPs.

4. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    1 word: EULA

5. Matthewb103

Matthewb103 Travelled Adventurer

Guild:
    Too many glitches with vip town. Also, regular players might be able to glitch in there.

6. CheesePrince13

CheesePrince13 Eternally Inactive HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Simple solution: Do not include 'advantages' in the VIP town being suggested.
    The original post did not mention Double XP or advantages, he/she simply stated they would like more VIP related things to do in Wynn. After recently becoming one myself, I am inclined to agree. Aside from the initial entertainment value of riding players and the benefit of keeping Wynn running, there is very little one can do with the VIP ranks at this point. Furthermore, even with the EULA currently present, Wynn still presents the store option that allows all players to buy items that do not necessarily give a "bonus" of any kind to those who purchase them. A similar case could be present in a newer version or edition of the VIP town. Clearly there could no longer be merchants for higher tier horses or other such thing that would create a clear advantage that normal players would not have access to, but there could still be access to extra content or items as long as they do not offer any benefit to VIPs exclusively. This would still be in accordance to the Minecraft EULA, but would still provide something more relevant to do with the VIP ranks. As long as the town would not offer an "advantage," you cannot use the EULA as a reason to avoid adding it. For example, if the town introduced new untradable armor or weapons that are simply retextured versions of previous armors, the EULA would be an invalid argument against it, as they offer no actual benefit to the game. The same concept is utilized in the reskinned VIP classes. Please note, I am not trying to start an argument over whether or not this would be the best way to go about this topic, I am simply stating that this can be implemented in various ways and still not violate any aspect of the Minecraft EULA.

Badlieh, Cubie, Stoker and 4 others like this.
  7. Inactive User

Inactive User Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Yeah, I wish VIP town was re-added. Even if it did not have any merchants, because if it didn't, then it wouldn't violate EULA.

8. eeveelution

eeveelution Wynn Veteran/OG VIP+

Minecraft:
    pay-only areas are not allowed too, IIRC.

9. eagleguygamer

eagleguygamer Travelled Adventurer

I totally agree with you... only the damm eula

10. Jano

Jano Tigers ain´t purple?!?

Guild:
    They should add an new VIP town ,with no adavantages, which isn´t against the EULA. Just to chill there :D

11. hworple

hworple Travelled Adventurer

i got vip way back when it was $50 but any ways i loved the vip town but no way it is comming back soon

12. Fizzin_Pop

Fizzin_Pop gaming CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    huh neeaaat

13. RubyOnRails

RubyOnRails Pro 360 WynnCraft no scoper VIP

Minecraft:
    Actually to correct you. The only reason why donors can't have perks is because people would "Scam" donation ranks. Then they would be little pussies and talk to mojang and mojang got tired of all the shit and made the EULA. And the EULA says that you can not pay money to minecraft servers. And if i'm correct wynncraft is not affiliated with mojang in any way.

14. MinerDwarf222

MinerDwarf222 I AM A DWARF. HERO

Minecraft:
    What program is wynncraft on? Oh right Minecraft.... which is made by mojang....

15. The One-eyed Guy

The One-eyed Guy that guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That is... no. I am a VIP+ myself and did not donate for perks. (Well, maybe I thought the OST juke was a bit cool) I donated to help the dev team. The creators of Wynn don't have another job. All of the money they get is from player donations. Without them, Wynncraft won't exist. This is kind of what I'm trying to say:
    VIP's have a very special thing they do. They play a game they contributed to. I bet you're a VIP or VIP+ yourself, and just want to seem cool about walking into the VIP town. I hope you revise your suggestion.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    1v1MeOnTwitter likes this.
  16. RubyOnRails

RubyOnRails Pro 360 WynnCraft no scoper VIP

Minecraft:
    If you look on the website it says "Not affiliated with Mojang or Microsoft Corporation "

17. CheesePrince13

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Up until "So how's this for a change," I very much agree with your post. You brought up a valid point about how keeping Wynn alive is more important than benefits, which I agree with. As stated previously, the VIP "benefits" are not great (jukebox not included :D), but as long as it keeps Wynn running, I can fairly easily look past that. That was a valid and reasonable point to bring up; however, it feels wasted given your next choice of words. While the sentence about playing a game that you contributed to sounds very well-put, the "So how's this for a change" puts a sassy or negative attitude to it that turns readers away before that claim can truly have an impact on them. After that, you then proceed to attack the other side's opinion and character by saying that they must be a VIP or VIP+ and that they just want to look cool. To follow this, you then say that they should think about what you said and revise their suggestion. This is a much less direct insult, but it is comparable to what one would say when scolding a child: "Now go think about what you have done." If you think that the author should revise his post, offer constructive criticism or advice. So, in the end, you bring up valid and good points to begin with, but you then waste them by turning away readers and attacking the original poster as well as anyone on the other side of the argument. Whether you intended to do this or not, I am unsure, I just thought I would say this either way. It would, otherwise, be a very reasonable argument that could, with work, possibly sway people's opinions of why to donate.

Tl;dr: Not cool, man. Don't attack people :l

18. roboblock93

roboblock93 its a me CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I wouldn't like the VIP town because it would feel so out of place in this corrupted, zombie infested world. It's like; "Man, this world is wonderful and detailed and concentrated on a medieval theme."

Thrn they go along and go;
    "How does a party sound? Cause it's sounding real good to me. Lets make a VIP town.

Ripperoni 4th wall?

CheesePrince13 likes this.
  19. CheesePrince13

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Btw, to anyone wondering, not all of my messages are just walls of text XD
    It's just that both messages so far could very easily be turned into debates or fights so I am trying to stop those ahead of time.

20. MinerDwarf222

MinerDwarf222 I AM A DWARF. HERO

Minecraft:
    Just reread the posts. And yeah, Wynncraft is not officialy connected to Mojang but wynncraft does run on Minecraft which is property of Mojang...

1v1MeOnTwitter likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.