Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Wynncraft Should Use Hytale To Get More Things Done

Discussion in 'Nemract's Bar' started by Pyronucleic, Dec 13, 2018.

?

Should wynncraft look into Hytale?

1. yes

24 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. no

104 vote(s)
    81.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pyronucleic

Pyronucleic Well-Known Adventurer

As some of us know, Hytale has just been announced. And a cool feature Hytale has is in-game scripting, model creation, world creation, animation, etc. You can read more here:
    https://hytale.com/game#tools
    They even have an ingame way to make cutscenes with cameras!

Anyways, I think it'd be a great idea to have a team work on a wynncraft server over there. It's in c# which is more promising when it comes to developping games, there seem to be more tools, and its much easier to have custom mobs, since we could implement out own models. Not to mention how beautiful the graphics are.

Anyways, what do you think?

^^Hytale has a modable editor which could probably copy paste the map if you do a for each statement and list every single block in the map. With that in mind, is it really abandoning all the work?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    Cape15 likes this.
  2. 3:

3: farlands pumpkin farlands pumpkin HERO

Minecraft:
    "Ey bois, let's abandon the CT, dump the game we've been working on for over 5 years, and recreate the exact same thing again in a game owned by another server"

3. Spinel

Spinel Pronounced Spin-nell, not Spine-el VIP+

Minecraft:
    You’re asking this question to a community where the majority of people hate Hypixel and are convinced that Wynncraft will always be better than Hytale.

I think it’s clear that most people will say no.

4. Tealy

Tealy a businessman of sorts GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Although your suggestion clearly has no malice in it, I really don't think it will ever happen, or have a chance to be considered.
    As stated above, and probably about a hundred more times below.

5. NicBOMB

NicBOMB Maker of Builds | Lurks on Forums | 1 Mythic Found CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I have a copy-paste response to hytale now:

6. CoolVictor2002

CoolVictor2002 Dead meme expert,cyberbullied by NicBOMB CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    this is so bad... alexa
    can we give 10mil no votes?

coolname2034 and trex1611 like this.
  7. Anti

Anti unmute me toy ;c

is hytale on hypickle or just a different game?

dargonlrod and coolname2034 like this.
  8. Jbip

Jbip yea QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:

coolname2034, dargonlrod and trex1611 like this.
  9. Asthae

Asthae ... HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wait... This isn't a shitpost?!

HOLY SHIT

Xykeal, Bramblesthatcat, Geag and 3 others like this.
  10. RamonaFlowers

RamonaFlowers Subspace Delivery Girl CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hytale is a whole new game running on a homemade game engine, and owned by a different company (Hypixel Studios). Hypixel Network (Minecraft) is being ran by Hypixel Inc., while Hytale is being ran by Hypixel Studios (albeit the same owners for both companies)

Xykeal, Geag, Dr Zed and 3 others like this.
  11. Pyronucleic

Pyronucleic Well-Known Adventurer

What do you actually mean?

Textures could probably be imported
    3d models could be imported

an easy for-loop can copy the map block for block
    and it'd be much easier to mod.

Maybe starting off would take a little work, but once a server would get up and running there is so much potential.

12. Wynnooblet

Wynnooblet Slayer of Useless Threads VIP+

Minecraft:
    Have you ever met the Hypixel community? There’s a good reason we stay far away

KrzysztofMaz and Bramblesthatcat like this.
  13. MrFlipkin

MrFlipkin secret discovery master VIP

Minecraft:
    The polls say everything about this community

14. ShadowMage1

ShadowMage1 Seraph of Twilight CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Wow. Just wow. Passive aggressive, much?

15. yellowscreen

yellowscreen Certified Lurker

Minecraft:
    Here's the thing.
    Say we actually did this.
    "Hey rival game, can we put our game in your game? With microtransactions, etc and nothing for you in it?"

Also, NO. WYnncraft is unique because it's like a self-imposed chalenge - it is built in minecraft. A game never designed to be a MMO. Putting it in HYTALE would remove all that charm.
    As Aarontti said,
    except they won't let us, wynncraft can't get money from it, and we'll just waste time.

how do you dislike a post, I would create enough accounts to make it more disliked than rewind 2018

Rhythmically, dargonlrod and trex1611 like this.
  16. CoolVictor2002

CoolVictor2002 Dead meme expert,cyberbullied by NicBOMB CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    hence my comment

trex1611 likes this.
  17. tomisdaman27

tomisdaman27 The owner of a legendary trade...

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wynncraft is currently the same thing but within Mojang's Minecraft. It's a game within a game. If Wynncraft were in Hytale, wouldn't this be very similar? Wynncraft was designed to be built with Minecraft, but who knows? - Hytale seems like it could allow much more creativity and innovation as O.P. mentioned.

Hytale has already stated they allow monetisation on servers - just like Mojang. They have no reason to discriminate against particular servers, especially when having the Wynncraft server and community be created within Hytale could potentially be massively rewarding for both parties.

I'm not saying this should happen or shouldn't, but Hytale does look very promising and I think their game will open new avenues for all types of creators, possibly even those looking to create their own RPGs within Hytale, similar to Wynncraft within Minecraft. Either way, the future looks exciting.

Kryptox, dargonlrod and PJoke1 like this.
  18. NicBOMB

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Not intentionally, but it works out well anyways ;)

trex1611 likes this.
  19. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    ill be honest with you, we arent really much better, have you ever been on a CSST? these chats sure get uber-weird sometimes
    also i find it fun how everyone is bashing this game just because its made by hypixel without even bothering to realize how sweet this game actually even looks, even if just essentially minecraft with rpg mechanics in, specially the modding part, it seems to have fixed half the stuff that was wrong with models cough why the fuck can i not rotate a voxel in 2 different axis at once what the fuck minecraft and literally brings all the stuff that minecraft has done already on console/w10 yet has to do for java done already once again why the fuck are models this absurdly restricted in java edition i just want my hecking entity models

even if the base game doesnt look promising, the modding part looks soo sweet recreating the entire game in there should eventually become a better option if the sales of hytale go well, considering it would probably lower the coding work even more and make adding entities and other things even better, as this time around you could actually try and optimize it to the max, unlike with armor stands in minecraft

so even if it is clear we arent getting there, we cant negate the fact soo far it looks absolutely sweet

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    JoshLegacy, Kryptox, Dr Zed and 12 others like this.
  20. NicBOMB

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No, I think Hytale is probably going to be really good. However, Wynncraft shouldn't abandon minecraft as an engine because they've already gotten so far. I think calling for sweeping change right before the next major content update is ridiculous. Honestly, I think this thread belongs in Community Tavern -> Other Games. So, do I hate the game just from watching a trailer? No. I thought Fallout 76 was going to be great, but look where that went. I hold judgment for as long as possible, and right now Hytale isn't even out of alpha testing as far as I've heard. It's too early to say what the game will actually be as I only know what Hypixel is working on from the trailer. Though it is promising I'm not going to let developers hold hype over my head until an open beta test and 2+ hours of in-game playtime or footage is available.
    That's also why I was skeptical of the new update for wynn until I actually got to play it in beta over the last few days. I'm more annoyed that these posts are being put in the wynncraft section than annoyed at the actual game. If you're genuinely going to make a case to a developer to stop working and move to an unreleased game engine, then you've clearly got some learning to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.