Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Would I have permission to run a wynncraft DnD campaign?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by MerlinStarHugs, May 10, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MerlinStarHugs

MerlinStarHugs Travelled Adventurer

So over the past 6 months I've been thinking about running a dungeons and dragons campaign based off of the world of wynncraft. I've never Dmed before and making a campaign completely from scratch is very difficult, so I started thinking about basing a campaign off of an existing world. Despite not having even gotten past level 50 in wynncraft, I deeply love the world you guys have created and, because its an open world rpg

I thought it would be perfect to make into a DnD campaign if I adjusted some stuff, rewrote a lot of the dialogue to fit the different setting, changed around the enemies' statblocks and hp, wrote unique town npcs and shop inventories, and drew some maps for the world. In the last 6 months I've spent time planning out the world, and drawing maps. I just realised one thing.

Wynncraft, its world and all the content within belongs to salted and crew, and it would be kind of shitty to just run a campaign stealing from someone else's intellectual property so I thought I would ask for your blessing.

Could I run a dungeons and dragons campaign based off of, but still unique and with enough creative input from me? Would I have your blessing? I would be willing to make any of the stuff I draw, such as the map below, publicly available and free to use and I'm not planning on using it for commercial purposes.

Sar and PzzmyTH like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.