Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

why is reskinning non-new classes locked behind the "Hero" rank?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by BellDynJinn, Nov 10, 2022.

Tags:
?

Should all ranks that have access to reskinned classes should be able to reskin existing characters?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BellDynJinn

BellDynJinn Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Like it makes giving ranks below "hero" reskinned classes partially pointless as most people would have played for at least 2/3 weeks on a character and made, in my case at least, significant progress before they usually would buy anything on the server store. By locking the ability to reskin pre-existing characters behind a much more expensive rank, it, imo, means that either the reskin cannot be used or the player has to completely restart their playthrough to even use it.
    I've been playing for 2 weeks now and have gotten my character through each and every quest up to level 62, which to even use the reskin for the class I picked for this character, means that all that progress will have to be lost to use the reskin.

2. Ninja_VK

Ninja_VK RainbowsRcool VIP+

Minecraft:
    U can still use it for any new classes tho, and a really common thing to do come endgame is to restart on a new class, as it’s not like u lose any progress, and the reskin could be used there.

3. BellDynJinn

BellDynJinn Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    the point was that the ability to resking existing characters is locked behind "hero" rank.

4. Ninja_VK

Ninja_VK RainbowsRcool VIP+

Minecraft:
    Why though? It’s a cosmetic feature that has no in game advantage, so paying is fine. I think it’s valid to make a cosmetic feature like changing between reskins a hero rank feature Bc there needs to be some incentive to buy it. Also it’s not like you pay solely for the reskin and it says u can’t use it on the new class, ranks like vip+ and all give a ton of other stuff. And as said before u can still use the skins on new classes you make so u can still use the reskins, it’s not like they are fully unusable

5. lemonalade

lemonalade [insert misinformation here] CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This probably should be moved to General Suggestions

I really hope they actually update the reskins soon because right now, it's not worthwhile to get a rank for a reskin. The reskins only recolor base spells and NOT Abilities. For example: Spin Attack is a base spell, but Lacerate is an ability. Spin Attack appears yellow/orange for Assassin and Purple/Red for Ninja, but Lacerate is blue/white for both Assassin and Ninja. Most classes end up using Abilities instead of Base Spells

I think once the abilities get reskins it'll be a better incentive to get a rank for those reskins and then it would be worth revisiting this idea. I personally think that as long as you have a reskin for a class available, you should be allowed to edit an existing class.

Stinkbomb and ThedumbOX like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.