1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Why hunger of Gerts I is lacking quality standards

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by LuCoolUs, Nov 24, 2022 at 6:46 AM.

1. LuCoolUs

LuCoolUs Nerd CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ever since 1.19 or even earlier Quest reworks have gone mostly in the direction of getting rid of helmet requirements. From the mountains doesn't need Breathing helmet II anymore, Hollow sirene doesn't need soundproof earmuffs anymore, Forbidden Prison doesn't need guards uniform anymore, Finding the Light and the Realm of Light don't need Clearsight spectacles nor Helmet of shimmering Light anymore, Purple and blue doesn't need the Ancient helmet anymore and so on.

This is a really good improvement since forcing players to wear a specific helmet is generally just tideous as it has a tendency to break especially endgame builds. If a build relys on the Skill points from your helmet and you need to take that of for the Quest this can quickly result in your entire armour popping off and worst case you can't even use your weapon anymore. This honestly is just bad game design if you encourage class building but then destroy builds for Quest Progress. Over the past years this problem had only gotten less as older Quests got reworked away from this system and I understand that it's an old system of checking player progress for area limitation.

Now all this is fine but why was wearing gert masks brought back to The Hunger of Gerts I with 2.0? I'm sure you could've found a way around this. Now this oldschool feature is stuck in a new implementation of a Quest. Now you might argue that there are no hostile mobs during the parts of the Quest where you have to wear the mask but that is barely true. You still encounter mobs on your way around to Quest regions and most importantly in the tunnel you are required to kill animals to "eat" and not draw any attention to you. This is pretty unfortunate when you don't have the skill points to use your only weapon anymore.

I think my point should be clear by now. My suggestion is simply to give Hunger of Gearts I another slight rework where the system is simply changed slightly to something that doesn't require you to sacrifice your build as this just doesn't seem up to standards for wynn.

That_Chudley, trex1611 and Melkor like this.
  2. ReachDaBeach24

ReachDaBeach24 Old dog with some new tricks VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Seems to me that the simple solution is to be making a cosmetic helmet effect that is automatically and immediately applied instead of an actual helmet.

3. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes please, I was rather annoyed by having to strip and use a backup weapon for the entire quest. And don't forget Temple of Legends; having to fight your first serious boss without a functioning build is awful.

4. LuCoolUs

LuCoolUs Nerd CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well yes. The reason it's ok with tol is because it's an old Quest that wasn't really changed in a long time. Hunger of Gerts I was just changed and the issue wasn't removed which is my main complaint

trex1611 and Melkor like this.
  5. Jack303_

Jack303_ Revive spellspam please...

Minecraft:
    Well the only issue i had with HoG 1 quest is just I was stuck at the cave where the gerts have meetings or smtg like that and when the quest track told me to leave the cave I can't which is my main complain (And i haven't finished that quest, yet...)