1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Why Are These Bannable?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by hotjerryboi, Jan 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotjerryboi

hotjerryboi Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I have a couple questions about some of the rules and I am wondering why they are bannable. While a PMI might be fun I can still see how it could make people lose items. But traveling outside of the map and selling glitched items? How can those ruin someone's game?

2. ramenstew

ramenstew professional idiot HERO

Minecraft:
    They aren’t intended and can be viewed as exploits, and this the staff team want no ambiguity. They can also potentially break the game and be used in exploits

3. hotjerryboi

hotjerryboi Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Interesting alr. Is it hard to get these because im pretty new and wouldnt know if im outside the map or in a new area.

4. ramenstew

ramenstew professional idiot HERO

Minecraft:
    You’ll know. It’ll be obvious and if you aren’t sure you can ask around

5. Bart (MC)

Bart (MC) Local IM (MC) Item Team HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    While rare, if you glitch out of the map you can discover areas that are possibly exploitable, very much unintended test areas and otherwise a plethora of possible things that could go wrong. For this and other reasons it's just straight up bannable- and you'll absolutely know when you're out of the map, don't worry.

This is partially just because glitched are just not supposed to exist and especially not spread, and also just because they're overpriced and have a high chance of leading to scams.

Also, were you aware there is a Questions section, special for, you know, asking questions? https://forums.wynncraft.com/forums/questions.89/

fishcute, dr_carlos, FAZu and 3 others like this.
  6. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    tbh its kinda hard nowdays to glitch out of the map but it used to be easier and you could see stuff the ct are working on.

7. RamonaFlowers

RamonaFlowers Subspace Delivery Girl CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The world the map is located in is also the world where all the things made for new updates and unreleased content are. If you find yourself outside of the main map, you can potentially see leaks of unreleased content and the staff doesn't want a risk of anybody spreading the information before it is made available to the public through official channels.

Bart (MC) likes this.
  8. Matheuzin

Matheuzin Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Yes, just like they did pass the gavel gate and found a base of Llevigar but even if you leave the map and I don’t know ... passing the fruma gate as much as you should find is a base like entrance of province or nothing because they don’t put the content on the map and they update, the maximum they put is like a base (curiosity: there were mines of silent expanse around pre 1.17 already ready) but they example do not put whole foam and keep updating, they put it on a build server for the builders build and also has a CT team server if I'm not mistaken for what I know.

9. Dwicey

Dwicey mmmyes CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    /warp cruuk

Stag2001, fishcute, Samsam101 and 4 others like this.
  10. Spakian

Spakian Wandering in your dreams

Minecraft:
    Glitched items can go for really high in the trade market. If people glitch items and sell them, it can change the trade market and just increase the wealth gap

11. dr_carlos

dr_carlos Morph Gang!

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah I think the only way it's really possible is via teleport/haul/etc.
    I've seen certain locations where one could easily travel off the map because of missing barrier blocks on mountains.

12. Shortsightedness

Shortsightedness Somehow the IGN doesn't change on forums VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Use map.wynncraft.com/ to see if you are outside of the map area. (If you're inside a quest its normal to be outside the map but know that you are still inside the intended game range).

13. LuCoolUs

LuCoolUs Nerd CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    honestly easy ngl. It can often happen unintended

14. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    PMI: Not fun at all, just an overall dick move kiting mobs into towns
    Out of map exploring: Being outside of the map can lead to:
    Seeing unfinished areas and being spoiled
    Seeing things that players weren't meant to see
    Probably the ability to crash a server in some cases
    Glitched items: Likely capable of ruining hoppers, maybe even crashing servers. I've seen people glitch out a spell before which crashes the whole server so if you can do that with a simple weapon then it's very likely that some major destruction can happen with vanilla items. Plus, they are used in a lot of scammy trades

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.