1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Guide We Do A Little Testing (part 1: Assassin)

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by touhoku, May 20, 2021.

?

What Class Next?

1. Archer

2. Mage

3. Shaman

4. Warrior

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Great stuff, I've always wanted to see this happen someday but it's been a distant dream most of the time. It's really nice to see research in this direction.

ThedumbOX, touhoku and oinuk like this.
  2. •WhiteWolf•

•WhiteWolf• •WhiteWolf• HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Afaik the boost doesn’t trigger if you still have upwards momentum from the first boost so I need to fall a bit before u can cast successfully again

ThedumbOX and touhoku like this.
  3. Screenatyouruse

Screenatyouruse Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Assassin is probably one of the more easier classes to get down to how the spells exactly works. The most painful class to break down on would be mage or archer.

touhoku likes this.
  4. touhoku

touhoku heavy spell pioneer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Turns out multi is more likely a hemisphere as it can't be aimed upwards but downwards works fine. Updated.

Druser likes this.
  5. NagisaStreams

NagisaStreams Sertified idiot Staff Member Moderator QA HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Tune in next atlas inc thread for more chaos such as (but not limited to):

How arrow shield rain can be calculated for rng manipulation to get all critical hits and land all arrows on one mob and dealing more damage than most classes can in 30 seconds
    god i hope not

Nukewarmachine, touhoku and Druser like this.
  6. touhoku

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hey, nice to see you! I am happy to inform you that, so far, @hppeng and I have used our experience with differential calculus and infinite series to calculate the initial velocity of bomb arrow, arrow storm, and melee attacks!

Tune in next week to see a vector field analysis of how the player's motion affects the angle spread of arrow storm!

okay that second part is hopefully a joke

dr_carlos, Mollyy, Druser and 2 others like this.
  7. NagisaStreams

NagisaStreams Sertified idiot Staff Member Moderator QA HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Tune in two weeks from now to see a vector field analysis of how charge and escape can cause rng manipulation for mythics!

8. touhoku

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ngl we had a quick scare in there that hunter had longer range than archer and I'm worried we'll discover that one of the reskins is actually better mechanically

dr_carlos, Druser and 5hadowflame like this.
  9. creature

creature Uncorrupt, so possibly serving Dern VIP

Minecraft:
    Yeah, as someone who has also tried to reverse engineer wynn mechanics. I 100% agree with this sentiment.

Having said that, are we certain that the damage boost from Vanish works when you have momentum, have no momentum, are in contact with the ground/in the sky, there's no cooldown on it, is there maybe a specific vanish hitbox around you which you need to hit a mob in with your other spell to activate the added damage and does this possible hitbox allow you to boost allies' damage whilst vanished and standing near mobs?

On a more serious note (although there really might be mechanics like that for vanish, you never know with wynn) for future testing the attack box of (melee) hits, I suggest using the Spark attack effect. It doesn't show the hitbox very well, but it does create a very nice reference point for how much you moved since last time and the edges of the hitbox are always in the same relative position to the sparks.

Druser and touhoku like this.
  10. touhoku

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    attack effects are clever, didn't think of that! done with assassin for now, but archer melee is proving to be its own nightmare and this very well might come in handy

11. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There is a known bug with the vanish damage boost where you won't get it in certain cases - I'll let someone else describe it, because I don't remember the exact details.

touhoku likes this.
  12. 5hadowflame

5hadowflame untrained unprofessional idiot VIP+

Minecraft:
    mmyes time to get banned for sharing bugs on forums (not like this is abusable tho). Vanish damage boost in short isnt affected by environmental factors like elevation and such (at least it shouldn’t...). The boost remains a stable 80%. However, there is currently a bug where the damage boost you get while vanished does not override the damage boost you get for the two seconds after exiting vanish. This means that, say you have a heavy melee build and you vanish then hit an enemy. This hit is boosted by your in-vanish strength. When exiting vanish after attacking you gain your post-vanish strength. During this post vanish strength you vanish again in preparation for your next hit, however because the post-vanish strength overrides the in-vanish strength, you will have no vanish strength at all once your hit cooldown finishes. This means that your hit will not be boosted (as well as basically every consecutive hit after the first hit) and you can kiss your beautiful heavy melee dps goodbye.

There was probably a much better way of explaining this.

Druser, creature, Kiocifer and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.