Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Archer/Hunter Vampiric Spellspam

Discussion in 'Class Builds' started by Hephaestus, Apr 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hephaestus

Hephaestus Hypothetical Build Maker | Avos Air Arceus VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So this is a spellspam build that relies on mana steal for its mana

Recharge - This gives a metric ton of manasteal letting us focus less on manasteal in the rest of the build and more on tankiness. The spell damage is a very nice bonus.

Soulflare - I know I just said that we're focusing less on the manasteal, but this is more important for the lifesteal, which is going to be our main method of survivability. Skill points and fire damage are also very helpful. (This is also free, which cuts down on our budget.)

Hephaestus-Forged Greaves - Again this has mana steal, but it's mostly here for the health (to counter Recharge's low health) and elemental defenses. Fire damage doesn't hurt too. (Being free is also nice.)

Paradox - "WTF SUMMIT YOU LITERALLY SAID YOU WERE GOING TO STOP CARING ABOUT THE MANA STEAL AND THEN YOU USE THREE MANASTEAL ITEMS IN A ROW IM NEVER LOOKING AT ONE OF YOUR BUILDS AGAIN" well the thing is that we need a bit of mana regen so that we don't have a negative base and Paradox is very good if you want all of {mana regen, spell damage, health, skill points}. Earth defense is very helpful too.

Summa - Mana regen to counter Recharge and some skill points, with the downsides being fire and thunder def (which we have more than enough of) and health regen (which we get from Heph). Yes, please. (It's also free, though you may need to run the altar several times to get a good one.)

Prism - Now that we've taken care of the main problems of the build, being negative mana regen and lack of health, we're going to focus on maximizing potential for this build. Prism gives us elemental defenses which are essential for survivability and some helpful skill points. (If you want damage, use Vapor.)

Drain - 140/4 ls is immensely helpful for survivability. That's basically the only reason this is here, but it's a good one. (It's a Corrupted Underworld Crypt item, so it's also pretty easy to get.) (And, if you want, many items can replace this, such as Royal Blazing, Dia Fusion, Gigabyte, etc.)

Prowess - Skill points, health. 'Nuff said. (Also free, and only now I realize how low-budget this build is.) (Replace this with Morph-Amethyst if you only have one Master Hive Voucher.)

Cluster - Mana and life steal, as well as pretty good damage. Exploding is great because it activates steal, and poison never hurts. Put T6 fire powders on this. (You can dual-wield an unpowdered Cluster for neutral damage, I guess. Also, dual-wield a Nemract's Rage for mana regen while you're not fighting.)

And if you want to use this build with other classes, here are the weapons:
    Slider for assassin (fire VI powders) (free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Spear of Sin for warrior (fire VI powders)
    Noise Stream for mage (fire VI powders)

Skill points are pretty simple. Get enough strength, dexterity, and agility to use all your items (do the math yourself, I'm too lazy to do it here), get enough intelligence to get 94 (62.5% reduction, so your bomb arrows cost 3 mana), and put the rest in defense.
    Perfect stats are 14/21/80/63/22 --> 29/33/94/90/33.

One thing I like about this build is that you have too much mana steal, which allows for some room of error with the stats, which also contributes to lowering the budget, since you don't need godlike stats to use everything. You're also tanky (12k health, good elemental defenses) and have >500 lifesteal, which helps a ton with survivability. Your health regen isn't bad either.
    This build is also quite low-budget due to the number of items which are free, although it requires two Master Hive items. (Like <32 LE type of budget.)

Calculations give up to 10k bomb arrows, which isn't great, but then you consider the fact that you have essentially infinite mana and basically infinite survivability, as well as exploding (unintentional glitch abuse, I guess), which makes it decent to good. Pretty sure this should be LI-soloable but I suck at this game so idek

feedback pls k

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    pseudonam, LarzLapiz and Artifax like this.
  2. Artifax

Artifax Eltom Rainbow Archer | Build Maker VIP+

Minecraft:
    Cool. Very similar to my build, but it is kind of spell based, rather than melee based.

Hephaestus likes this.
  3. Artifax

Minecraft:
    Perhaps you should also add substitutes for the items.

Hephaestus likes this.
  4. Hephaestus

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I gave the substitutes for all the easily substitutable items, everything else is pretty essential for the build I'm going for. (Actually, I forgot to add Morph Brace for Prowess, but that's it.)

5. Artifax

Minecraft:
    But items like Soulflare or Hephaestus because people could already have used vouchers.

Hephaestus likes this.
  6. Hephaestus

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Those are pretty essential for the build though... If you don't have them you should probably not be using this build :/ Use a
    Executioner Helmet
    Marius's Prison
    GotV
    Exhaustion

Dia Solar Ring
    Dia Solar Ring
    Gigabyte
    Dia Hydro Brace

Torr Tide

skill points are 30/0/96/74/0 and you should be able to use everything if your stuff is good enough

this is more of a raw spell build than a %spell build but it should be usable, it has way more ls but it's a lot glassier

7. ElegantDeath

ElegantDeath Who needs a title anyways HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    doesn't mana steal draw from melee not spells? so this build would be hard to use unless you were warrior bc warscream

Hephaestus likes this.
  8. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    You have like -24 mana regen at BEST, as well as possible -health regen

9. Hephaestus

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Play style:

Right Click + Hold (while ls/ms activation isn't guaranteed every shot, it's sufficient that you'll get mana often enough that you can freely spam, since you're expected to have ms activated once every two seconds.)

LRR LRR LRR LRR

Right Click + Hold

LRR LRR LRR LRR

[REPEAT]

Seems pretty easy to use to me.

Apparently math is hard.

Mana Regen:
    -6 from Recharge (at best, and since this item has no demand whatsoever you can just get a -6 mr and not care about positive ms since you would have too much normally, just get +9 to +11 and you'll be basically fine on spellspam. You don't even need -6, because as long as you punch things every once in a while you'll always have full mana.)
    2 from Paradox
    2 from Summa
    2 from natural MR (might be 3, but my point would still hold.)
    Total: 0 (this isn't including if you, say, dual-wield a Nemract's Rage for mana regen while not fighting. By the way, thanks for unintentionally reminding me I had to put that there.)

Health Regen:
    250 from Heph
    -26 to -49 from Summa
    15 from Drain
    Total: 216 to 239

Seems fine to me, I dunno about you but last I checked 0 =/= -24

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  10. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    I meant -2/4 mana regen, not including natural mana regen. And that's BEST case scenario; worst case and even on average you literally have to kill everything in sight just so you can sprint.
    And I forgot the hr from Hephaestus forged greaves

11. Hephaestus

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    But natural mana regen gives you 0 which is enough. And, like I said before, just hold Nemract's Rage or really any other bow with mana regen while you're not fighting, and you're good to go.

12. Artifax

Minecraft:
    Wow those were actually the subs I was thinking about...

Hephaestus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.