Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Community Event The Wynncraft Hunt, 2020!

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Xhat, Mar 31, 2020.

?

Would you have any interest in competing for this?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    73.9%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    26.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xhat

Xhat Ex-Collectorator HERO

Minecraft:
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the 2020 Wynncraft Hunt!

This is my first ever hosted community event, so I am very excited to announce this. In this post, I’m going to go over what The Hunt is, how it started, how you can participate, and more. Please read on for more details.

Introduction:

The Hunt is an idea from Borderlands 2, which was an annual event every year to go hunt for every unique gun in the game. This was such a cool concept to me, and my friends and I always went on and did a marathon of playing Borderlands 2 whenever it happened! I wanted to bring that same feeling to Wynn.

Wynn, unlike Borderlands 2, has no real way to “collect every unique weapon”, because there’s simply just too many. So instead, this event will require players to collect every single set in the game. This is something I’m not sure anyone has actually done, so I want to incentivize it.

Some may be asking, why am I doing this? What’s the point? It seems boring. To some, this may be boring, and that’s totally okay! However, I find collecting and challenges to be fun, and I know a set of players on Wynn also find this fun, so I’m hoping to reach out to those players and create an event centered around that. Wynn end-game players are also bored of the game, so this does give them an opportunity to experience something new, create a new route for, plan out for, etc.

About the Challenge:

The Hunt is all about collecting every single set in the game, barring a few that are unobtainable. There are 46 unique sets for every player to obtain during this challenge. Each set is worth a different amount of points, which is based upon difficulty of obtaining the set, which was discussed with multiple people to come to a sound conclusion.

To win the challenge, collecting every set is not necessary, earning the most amount of points is necessary. The challenge will take place in a certain time frame, which is stated at the bottom of the post, and every player will start with their new class then. It is from then on that the point collection counts and matters. We do not expect any player to get all 46 sets, but people do surprise me.

We have made a spreadsheet to track your progress for your convenience. Check it out HERE (Remember to make a copy if you'd like to use it yourself). In this thread, feel free to share your progress! It'll be awesome to see how far the Wynncraft members get with this.

Rules:
    • Usage of exploits, glitches, or any other breaking of Wynncraft rules is not allowed.
      • This should be obvious! Please don't break rules to get ahead in the challenge.
    • Players must start on a new class
      • Players have limited bank usage
        • You may deposit your items, and withdraw. You may not withdraw any items that did not come from your new class.
      • This is done to make sure everyone has an equal chance in the challenge. To the richer community, this may seem like your money is not going to good use, and we apologize.
        • Out of convenience, scrolls are permitted to be used and withdrawn, even if it was not purchased from your new class.
    • Usage of the Trade Market is disallowed
      • The point of the challenge is to grind the items, not buy them.
    • Usage of Hunted mode is allowed
      • Targeting players who are in hunted mode to slow down their progress is strictly forbidden
      • This may cause an issue with some players not having the quest: "A Hunters Calling" complete, we apologize. There has to be a happy medium, and Hunted mode allows for faster leveling.
    Your Help (The Community):

This event is an amazing way to get back into Wynncraft if you have been bored of where you’re currently at in the game; however, there are a few flaws with this event that work fine for Borderlands, and not here.

Frankly, we don’t know if enough people would be interested in this event. We also don’t know if this event should last 2, 3, 4 or more weeks. We don’t know how to prove legitimacy and prevent cheating, which is why we don’t have a prize pool, because we don’t want people cheating to earn money.

I am reaching out to you, the community, to see if there’s enough interest in an event like this, and how we can overcome these hurdles, if there is enough interest. I would love to create an event like this annually, just like the Borderlands community! I just need your guys’ feedback.

Currently, the date for the event is not set. I’d love to see if this would attract any interest from player before making a set date.

A Discord has been created as well, an announcement to all watching the thread. I cannot post this publicly, if you would like to join, please send me a private forums conversation (Or add me on Discord, Zekuwu#0370)
    Due to the new rules, this Discord is a bit harder to get around, but hopefully we can build it up.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  2. boebim

boebim Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yess, I'm hyped!!

Xhat likes this.
  3. Skylaar

Skylaar erm VIP+

Minecraft:
    I'm freaking in where do I sign up

Xhat and boebim like this.
  4. Endercomet

Endercomet HongKonger

Minecraft:
    Nice event wish you good luck. I won’t participate in it sadly

Xhat likes this.
  5. YYGAYMER

YYGAYMER reeeee FW FW HIC Master HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    apply for event manager plz

save wynn save wynn

6. btdmaster

btdmaster Famous Adventurer VIP Item Team

Minecraft:
    By sets do you mean like set items? Or just random build compilations
    I'd probably do it anyways

boebim likes this.
  7. outerspaec

outerspaec The Mysterious Rogue

Minecraft:
    This sounds like so much fun! I’m excited to hear more information about it!

boebim likes this.
  8. Xhat

Minecraft:
    Thank you!
    :eyes:
    Set items. A full set is worth a certain amount of points, you can check the spreadsheet I linked in the post to see more information about the items we're going after!
    Thank you!

outerspaec and YYGAYMER like this.
  9. Endcredit

Endcredit Travelled Adventurer

Hype! Good luck with this my man.

boebim and Xhat like this.
  10. BqwaOLD

BqwaOLD Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Time to put my terribly-rolled jester sets on the market. (I got abt 6). Time to get ri-
    :salted: nvm

Also found a loophole you should fix. With hunted someone could potentially have an alt with sets in their inventory and farm their alt on some low-player world. Idk how to fix this really...

Xhat and TS_potato like this.
  11. ReneCZ

ReneCZ Rene Media CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    shouldn't there be a must use of the ironman challenge?

12. Skylaar

Skylaar erm VIP+

Minecraft:
    You still kinda need bank space for this

ReneCZ likes this.
  13. EddieJ5

EddieJ5 it's a cat

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Kool Idea for a community event, Very Unique

boebim likes this.
  14. g17fcH_3D

g17fcH_3D Some idjit CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Three-star materials could also be a good idea for "The Hunt".

boebim likes this.
  15. Xhat

Minecraft:
    If this works out, we'd might do something like that for next year!
    Thank you :)
    As he stated, yea, you need bank space. Would be really helpful if we could deposit in ironman.. cough.

BqwaOLD likes this.
  16. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    unghhh how are you going to validate all of this
    also e grinding morph is going to be a pain
    OH FUCK OH SHIT CLOCK SET EXISTS

17. Newracket

Newracket Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Can't people just cheat and buy from trade market? You don't really have a way to enforce that unless you mandate ironman mode.

18. BqwaOLD

Minecraft:
    You could enforce Ironman, but have all the sellable ones be sold to the blacksmith, and it'll say _______ has been sold for ________. Have people video themselves selling it then send the screenshots to you somehow.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    boebim likes this.
  19. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    hrunnnggg time to go on singleplayer and forge npc text

BqwaOLD likes this.
  20. BqwaOLD

Minecraft:
    Fine I'll fix it.