1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Official Event The Results Are Here! (seaskipper Dialogue Contest)

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Hams, May 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hams

Hams Content Team Manager CT Manager Support Team Community Manager Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Hey everybody!

First of, I would like to apologize for the delay, I did not calculate the time needed to review the responses correctly ^^

We got a lot of responses, a lot of good ones and we selected quite a few of them.
    These new dialogues will be added to the game shortly! (soontm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

And the winners are...

@H07oh
    @Samsam101
    @ditsario
    @ShadowMage1
    @Matteo_Games
    @WithTheFish
    @Novalescent
    @Runerin
    @Trekkie_Cow124
    @Emogla3
    @Mac N Cheese Man
    @Blastbasher
    @AmbassadorDazz
    @Croissant

Congratulations to all of you and thank you all for participating in this contest!

I would also like to thank @Pepo (he made the new seaskipper system, helped with this contest), @FinnDestren @Lex! and @Dwicey for helping too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now for the lines in question, just in case you are curious, these are the raw unedited lines submitted by the winners, we may or may not change them a little depending on if they fit the lore and all that, but as far as i can tell, they are all alright, check the spoiler below to see them.

[Seaskipper Captain]: Woah! Hold on to your helmet, these waves are rougher than usual! [Seaskipper Captain]: I haven't seen a storm this strong in a while. [Seaskipper Captain]: It almost reminds me of those sailor stories that get passed down, of the raging ocean before the mages calmed it all those years ago. [Seaskipper Captain]: Nowadays the ocean is usually so calm you could probably swim across! Although my services will always be faster.
    <Nemract> to <Selchar>: [1/4] Seaskipper Captain: Did ya know that Detlas and Selchar are sister cities? / [2/4] Seaskipper Captain: They represen' it with their shared sand-timers. It's a little-known fact among many people! / [3/4] Seaskipper Captain: Hell, there was even a time when the Detlas city council tried to remove their sand timer.. / [4/4] Seaskipper Captain: However, the people said it would break the sister city relationship they had with Selchar, so they didn't remove it in the end.
    * Say, did I ever tell you about the dock I set up near Skien's island? * It was originally going to be on the island itself, but when I tried goin' near, the soldiers there started shootin' cannons at me! * See, I knew they might be dangerous, but all the stories I'd heard of the place said there were only mindless zombies left. * Guess they were wrong, since clearly something is still leading 'em. Say, maybe you could figure out who, or what, someday.
    Main Dialogue: C.S.S. Wavebreaker [1/4] Seaskipper Captain: "There's this other ship at Selchar where it takes ya to the island of Corkus. C.S.S. Wavebreaker, they call it." [2/4] Seaskipper Captain: "Seems like they're tryin' to create some competition with me on fancy names. They weren't even subtle 'bout it, either." [3/4] Seaskipper Captain: "What'll be next to shimmy on into the Fancy-Ship-Name-Hullabaloo-a-thon, hm? U.S.S. Oceanstomper? A.S.S. Laketrimmer?" [4/4] Seaskipper Captain: "Fer all I know, none of 'em hold a candle to the V.S.S. Seaskipper! But ya probably knew that already."
    [1/4] Seaskipper Captain: You ever heard of Regular Island? Well, that's what the people there are callin' it, anyways. Odd guys, those are. [2/4] Seaskipper Captain: I stopped by there once, just to say hi. And at first they were polite, but they just started sweatin' and sweatin' as time went on. [3/4] Seaskipper Captain: Eventually, they just told me to pack my bags and leave! There was no reasonin' with 'em, either! [4/4] Seaskipper Captain: I'll tell ya somethin'... Those don't look like regular humans to me. Something about 'em is off. If yer curious, they're just south of Jofash Dock. But I'm not taking ya anywhere near 'em!

[1/4] Seaskipper Captain: Have you been to that big ol' gate just south of Corkus? It's a sight to behold, alright. [2/4] Seaskipper Captain: The guards ain't the frendliest people, though... They saw my ship and immediately told me to leave! [3/4] Seaskipper Captain: They even started ramblin' about their Queen a little too much. Their armor is creepy though, makes my hair stand on end! [4/4] Seaskipper Captain: Heh. I know what that gate actually is, though. But a human like ya would be more interested in it. I suggest ya go take a gander at it, maybe those blasted guards will be kinder to you than to a villager.
    Main Dialogue - Searching For A Successor [1/4] Seaskipper Captain: I've been thinking, one day I'm gonna be too old for this job. [2/4] Seaskipper Captain: When the time comes, I'll be needin' someone to take my spot in this job. It's an important one after all. [3/4] Seaskipper Captain: Perhaps you could be the one to take my place when I retire? [4/4] Seaskipper Captain: Ha, what am I saying, I'll never be too old for this! I'll be riding the waves forever!
    [Main Dialogue Suggestion: Well-crafted Shows/Movies] Did I ever tell ya about the one time I met a renowned, but retired theater director in Llevigar? Aye, he was amazin'. His crew was small, but their theatrics and comedy always left the audience laughin' up a storm. Might've been due to the show's absurdity and looks. The director himself was dressed as a cow, another a splash of colors, and another as an elf! Heh... But even with their strange costumes, they were truly well-crafted shows.
    Mountain Path (Main dialogue suggestion) I've heard tale of people who travel the mountains path to get from Wynn to Gavel instead of going by boat. Sure is scenic, but I wouldn't be caught me dead abandoning this here boat. Apparently it's pretty dangerous, too. All sorts of bandits and other creatures inhabit that area. I do wonder what's hidden in those mountains though...

Rodoroc (Main dialogue suggestion) Say, you ever been to Rodoroc? It's huge dwarven city in Gavel. Well, I've been there once, and I gotta say, those dwarves know how to drink. They've got taps from every city! Even got good ole' Nemract Whiskey. You oughta visit sometime. Tell em' that Seaskipper sent ya' (Give: 1 Rodoroc Teleport Scroll)
    The Nexus Seaskipper: So, I noticed I’ve been getting less human customers recently. It’s been worryin’ me, I mean I’m not aware of a competitor. Seaskipper: And then this human comes onto my boat. My friend, I think he’d had a little too much to drink ‘cause he started rambling on and on. Seaskipper: I zoned out and didn’t catch much of what he said, but I did hear ‘em tell me about a network of magic tunnels that connect to each major port. Seaskipper: I thought that was a very silly idea. No way there are magic tunnels all around! People would’ve noticed! But still, it would explain the decrease in customers...

Talking Mushroom Talking Mushroom: JEEZ, CAN THIS GUY HURRY UP? THE SALT IN THE WIND IS MAKING ME ROT. Seaskipper: GAH! Human, did that mushroom in your bag just... speak? Talking Mushroom: YEAH BUDDY, I TALK. WHAT OF IT? NOW LET’S GET TO [location name] ALREADY! Seaskipper: ...Holy Bovine, this world never stops gettin’ weirder. First undead pirates and now talking mushrooms, it never stops.
    First Seaskipper dialogue after completing Temple of the Legends 1: Just on my last stop, I was chattin' with an acquaintance of mine on Mage Island. He told me about what terrifying monster you were about to take on in the Jungle. 2: Well, I sure am glad to see you back! Guess I gotta tell Rayshyroth the good news next time I stop by. 3: Survivin' that thing must be quite an impressive feat. I'm happy to help someone like you aroun' the Ocean. 4: As a kid, I used to admire Bob... Gotta tell ya, you really are starting to show similar signs to that great hero... Oh, look at that!

1: Ye know, I saw you sailin' on that Corkian vessel some time back. 2: I'm glad ye still chose to get on board my ship. As nice as those Corkian machines are, they can never beat the good ol' Seaskipper in reliability! 3: Although, I can't blame you at all on this case. Ya see, with me being Villager folk n' all, those secluded Corkians don't let me set ashore on their island! 4: Can you believe how stupid that sounds? I do respect the effort of those humans, but this is just ridiculous to me.
    Seaskipper Captain: Ya’ know, recently I’ve been noticin’ some strange trend where once in about every, say, year er’ so I get a sudden spike in payin’ customers. And I ain’t got the faintest clue of where they’ve all suddenly come from! Seaskipper Captain: Strangest part bout’ it, though, is that there’s a quick drop off not but a week or two later. Seaskipper Captain: I’d be guessin’ that all these new people gotta be gettin’ to somewhere from time to time, but it seems to me like they all just... disappear. Seaskipper Captain: Whatever’s the cause of this eludes me, soldier. Thought maybe you coulda’ figured it out...

Seaskipper Captain: Ya’ know, some of you soldier types can get mighty strange at times. Seaskipper Captain: Had a fella a few days back who, in the middle of me tellin’ a story, just stopped there and stared at me. Looked like he had his soul sucked outta ‘im right in front a’ me! Seaskipper Captain: We arrived and he wouldn’t leave! I was too outright spooked to even do somethin’! So I just waited there, starin’ right back at ‘im. Unsure if he was plannin’ on doin’ anythin’ to me. I certainly gave ‘im the stare of his life! That’s for sure. Seaskipper Captain: Few minutes later he just turns around and just walks away, like nothin’ had even happened! Some people just ain’t fully there, are they, soldier?
    1: I can see that gloomy isle off in the distance… There, ahead, that’s where old Skien used to live. 2: Not much is known about what happened over there, but somehow the place got all corrupted out of nowhere. 3: Now, decades after the last message ship left the island’s coast, the dead still man the cannons, shooting ships like ours right out of the water! 4: I suppose it's ironic. They sent the general out there to protect the ships, and look what happened? Nothing changes I suppose...
    Besides the occasional surge of robots and the bitter relations between the humans and the native folk, I've heard that Corkus was a nice place to live in. They are using some form of magic that only they can harness. Electromagic they call it, I've never seen anything like it! Great as it may be, electromagic is VERY fickle, and its execution has gone wrong in many cases. How else would you explain the rampaging mechs that I keep hearing about? I'll be impressed if the knowledge of using electromagic ever makes its way to Gavel - I doubt any city other than Llevigar would use it for industrial purposes, though...
    Seaskipper Captain: Hey, look over there! Seaskipper Captain: D’you see that overgrown structure in the distance? Nobody really knows what they are, but they’re scattered all around this part of the ocean. Seaskipper Captain: As far as I can tell, it’s a platform of some sort. Maybe those odd Corkians made them? But for what? Seaskipper Captain: Eh, whatever they are, they’re so old that nobody’s around to tell us the answer anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's all for now, stay tuned for more contests in the coming weeks!​

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  2. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    funny

3. Emogla3

Emogla3 az is bad 2: the movie VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yooo pog

did I forget to specify that my second dialogue would be the first one after completing The Envoy Part 1, or did you just not include it? anyways, this was a fun competition and it's nice to get all these dialogues ingame

Hams likes this.
  4. Hams

Hams Content Team Manager CT Manager Support Team Community Manager Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Yea i didn't include that ^^

It may be changed before we release the new dialogues since it's a bit inappropriate

5. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi Average Lore and Wiki Enjoyer

Minecraft:
    Congrats to everyone who won! Hope more contests like these get held in the future.

ditsario and Hams like this.
  6. ditsario

ditsario The corruption does not serve dern! Staff Member Moderator VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wow, that's quite a lot of winners, very cool. Congrats to everyone else who won! I hope there are more contests like this in the future, the whole thing was pretty fun to participate in.

Flame_Frost_, Hams and MlecznyHuxel99 like this.
  7. Novalescent

Novalescent Retired Wynncraft Systematic Recreation Developer HERO

Minecraft:
    Congratulations to the winners!

8. DaCorruption

DaCorruption Serves Dern. HERO

Minecraft:
    Hams likes this.
  9. Croissant

Croissant everyone's favourite magical pastry VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    hey I'm up there! pog! congrats to all the other winners <3 this contest was great, hope to see more stuff like this in the future

ditsario, DaCorruption and Hams like this.
  10. WithTheFish

WithTheFish you are amazing CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Congratulations to everyone who won!

Flame_Frost_, ditsario and Hams like this.
  11. fishcute

fishcute fish VIP

Minecraft:
    These are absolutely amazing! I love the ones that mention some things more IRL, like the detlas hourglass one.

ShadyMedic, MlecznyHuxel99 and Hams like this.
  12. AmbassadorDazz

AmbassadorDazz Discord Killjoy Staff Member Moderator VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh hey I won.

Congratulations to all other winners!

13. ShadowMage1

ShadowMage1 Seraph of Twilight CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    There I am, Gary! There I am!

14. Mac N Cheese Man

Mac N Cheese Man First Official Member Of The Mac N Cheese Club

You’re kidding, I thought it would be a cold day in Hell before I won for anything, let alone anything writing based.

Congratulations to everyone!

Question:
    How many participated in the event?

Stag2001, ditsario and MlecznyHuxel99 like this.
  15. Trekkie_Cow124

Trekkie_Cow124 A Cow In Space HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Heck yeah! This was a great contest, thank you for holding it!

Enderclaw likes this.
  16. quadblast24

quadblast24 Proud musician of WynnLabs VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wow, and I thought my dialogues stood a chance.
    Also, btw, some lore people: (ditsario, matteo games, etc.) really hinted at future updates...

DaCorruption likes this.
  17. Samsam101

Samsam101 These Raffle Time Placements are Pissing me off... CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yay i won

kinda sad my undertale reference didnt make it but whatever

my other 2 were:

CSS: Beware of the man who speaks in hands...
    CSS: Unless that man is mute and cannot talk.
    CSS: Isn't it amazing how many mediums language can come in?

and

CSS: Y'know, sometimes when I'm sailing around Maro Peaks, the water starts to tremble and large waves begin to form
    CSS: Some of my Gavellian customers have told me it's because of some ''colossus'' that's been around
    CSS: I sure hope someone can deal with that thing...

The one that won was a reference to how we, as a community, prevented the removal of the Detlas sandglass last year

I would love to see more contests like this in the future. Perhaps you could do a Talking Mushroom dialogue competition next? (if you do, avoid posting the actual winning responses so that people can find them ingame)

18. quadblast24

quadblast24 Proud musician of WynnLabs VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I also referenced the Canyon Colossus. The problem with my SSDialogue's though was the bad usage of space. I made four lines each entry, but they all took a while to get to the point I was trying to convey.

19. Samsam101

Samsam101 These Raffle Time Placements are Pissing me off... CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    As a side note, I would just like to point out that there is already a mushroom Seaskipper dialogue that was added in 1.20, so I don't really get why we need another, but that's just me. Maybe a little nitpickty, maybe you could replace the CT-made one for this community created one.

20. H07oh

H07oh Okay But Consider The Following: VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Can we get a poggers in the chat

Congrats to every winner

Nukewarmachine and ditsario like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.