Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

The Diplomatic Game of Nomic

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Mac N Cheese Man, Mar 11, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac N Cheese Man

Mac N Cheese Man First Official Member Of The Mac N Cheese Club

Nomic is a game of strategic diplomacy.

As for how to play? This is the rules document. Read it well.

Essentially, we take turns proposing changes to the rules document and then roll a die and add that rolled number to our score. The first person to reach 100 or -50 points wins.

On your turn, you must write a rule that you want to be proposed in this very forum thread. I will then add it to the document, and all players will vote on it. We will begin once we have 5 players, although others may join after the game has begun (but you will only be added into the turn order after the current ongoing turn ends).

If you do not have proper dice to roll, I can roll for you. If you have any questions or think a part of the base rules needs to be clarified/rewritten, bring this up to me and I will do such.

For the purposes of this game, turn order will not be clockwise. Instead, I will keep a list of the turn order at the top of the rules document (clockwise going down the list and counter-clockwise going up the list, looping after the last/first entries, respectively).

Additionally, when voting on rules, WAIT FOR YOUR TURN TO VOTE. If you say what your vote will be too early, then other players can use that against you (unless, of course, it’s all part of your plan; I won’t stop you).

This game will take TIME, and that is OK. It’s meant to be tabletop, but it works better on a place like a forum, as a majority of the game is writing long, sound, and wordy paragraphs. Take it slow, and make sure to cover your bases.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
  2. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    The document states -50

I would be interested if this happens to move forward.

Mac N Cheese Man likes this.
  3. Mac N Cheese Man

Sorry, yeah, I edited it later. Will fix.

TrapinchO likes this.
  4. Mac N Cheese Man

Bumping this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.