Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

The Canary Calls Quest: Glitched?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Aesthyster, Oct 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aesthyster

Aesthyster Skilled Adventurer

At the point I'm writing this, I'm pissed, but let's ignore that fact for now...

So I was doing The Canary Calls Quest and finished the minecart puzzle, went through the hole and it teleported me to the next area but did not trigger any dialogue. I was stuck, even after doing /class, so I went to do /kill and it teleported me to the Tutorial area, which I was half expecting.

Why am I pissed? Because, I am very bad with directions and don't know how to get back there again, I've been wandering around the canyon of the lost for 20 mins. Just imagine the feeling, of having to track back to a very messy location because the quest didn't function properly. It sucks, a quest that was supposed to take a few minutes is now going to take nearly an hour to do because of 2 things:

1) Spawning in the tutorial area, like why? Sure it makes sense since it probably is the closest area to me when I did /kill, but just why do I have to spawn there and make a tiring journey back to the canyon of the lost...only to get more lost cuz I can't find the place. When I do /kill, it should have been a better choice to mark the spawnpoint to the beginning of the quest.

2) It glitched in the first place. I am being punished because the coding didn't work properly...this should not be a thing.

Ok, rant over... I'm probably going to..you know...NOT do this quest for the sake of my sanity.
    I take that back, managed to find the quest again and redo the whole thing, and THANKFULLY it didn't glitch this time.... I'm still displeased I had to do it again because it glitched the first time, but heh, got the quest done so that chilled me down.

XavierEXE likes this.
  2. Zitrine

Zitrine Lore-kun CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    First, map.wynncraft.com.

Second, ever heard of warp scrolls? :>

Third, glitches will never be gone. Glitches is something that will always exist.

BeeMiner and coolname2034 like this.
  3. Glitchedslayer

Glitchedslayer Godly Horse Breeder and Memer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Not a glitch. When you die, you spawn in the closest spawn point you went to. Many quest areas are outside the map so this one was closest to tutorial area.

coolname2034 likes this.
  4. Jbip

Jbip yea QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I mean, yes it's not a glitch, but it has to be fixed, because this confuses a lot of players. Have you seen all the threads about this recently? They keep coming...

5. CleansingFlames

CleansingFlames Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    well if u dpnt wanna get lost. read the wiki and follow the coordinates lol

6. griffinlovato

griffinlovato Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    The Canary Calls is really close to Thesead. Just get to Detlas, Take the airship to Cinfras, enter the canyon of the lost, and keep moving in the direction opposite of Cinfras. If you reach the large gate to the Molten Heights, you are very close to Thesead; just go back towards Cinfras a bit, until you see the Molten Man cave, where you should turn left (assuming you're facing away from Molten Heights, and Eltom should be to the right), go up the bridge you see, and follow the trail to Thesead. If you reach Eltom/The Lost quest area or Bantishu Temple, you've gone to far to the side; move back towards the center of the canyon.

(just for information, in case you get lost again and need to get to Thesead)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.