Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Lore/Story Tales Of Wynn, Chapter 2: King's Recruits

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by Endertricity, Mar 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Endertricity

Endertricity Assorted Mini Quiche VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    II - King’s Recruits

- Assad -

The clucking and mooing of animals followed us as we walked down the road. It wasn’t a bad day, but it sure was worrisome. Should we have left Fruma? What would await us? So many questions went through my mind, but I pushed them out of my head. I need to stay positive. I looked up, and ahead of us was a ravine. A man was glancing over the edge.

“Excuse me sir, do you have a problem?” Walter asked the scared man.

“Why, yes, I do. The bridge has fallen! I need to get to the market, but at this rate I’ll never be able to sell my wheat!” He exclaimed.

I noticed a rickety tree to the north of the canyon. It must have been hundreds of years old, slowly deteriorating over time. I walked over to the tree. It was huge, but very sick. I tapped on the trunk and, as the others watched, it slowly tipped over, making a rickety path across the ravine.

“Why thank you! Here, please take these.” He said, as he handed me a plain leather cap.

Marion turned to him laughed. “How is this useful?”

“Marion, stop butting in!” I snapped. “Uh, I mean… thank you for the gift, it was very kind of you.”

That was bad. I am usually cheerful, but sometimes I can get angry.

We quickly hopped over the tree and into a cave. Archie fell behind with me.

“What was that back there? I know you can sometimes snap but never to Marion.” His grey eyes seemed to stare straight through me. I thought for a second, thinking of what to say.

“It happens.” I caught up to the rest of the group.

An archway passed above us. The small cavern we had entered now opened up to a huge cave, so large I could barely see the rocky ceiling. Small pockets of gems stuck out of the walls. I was busy looking at the scenery around me, and bumped into Walter when the group stopped.

He was looking straight forward, eyes wide open. “What in Bob’s name is that?”

I saw the creature he was looking at, and was immediately taken aback. It looked like a human, but… there was a deathly aura around it. The flesh on its body was falling away, leaving some bone showing, and its skin was… greenish? Their soulless eyes followed me, and it started walking towards our group. It definitely had malicious intent, to kill us and bring our souls to the undead’s ranks.

In other words? Yea, it was a zombie.

I heard a pathetic squeal from the other members of the party. This was the first time we had seen such a monster in front of us, outside of stories from the teachers.

Nobody knew what to do, and it approached us slowly. Suddenly, an arrow appeared in its eye, and the zombie crumpled to its knees. Behind us, Archie was holding up his bow, with another arrow cocked and ready.

“What? You weren’t going to do anything.”

I drew my daggers, Marion grabbed her stick, and Walter took out his spear. If there were more monsters, so be it. We were getting to where we had to go.

Around the corner of the cavern, there seemed to be a battle ground. Soldiers and the undead ranks fought restlessly. I noticed out of the corner of my eye that there was one fighter, bloody and broken, propped up against a stone. His friend saw us and shouted, “We can take them! Just… get to the city!” He carried the injured man into the barracks. The whole scenario, it was just gruesome to see. Yet, I saw the gate to Ragni, and there was no turning back.

“Quick! To the castle!”

We started sprinting towards the entrance, eagerly wanting to get out of the battle ground.

There was an attendant out front, who greeted us on our arrival. “You must be the new recruits from… uh, Fruma? Well, right this way.”

The grand hall was decorated floor to ceiling with intricate artwork and banners of the province. There was Ragni, and some others I didn’t personally know. I guess we would have to take our time learning the way around this place.

Ahead of us, there was a gilded throne, and a large man sitting on it.

“Welcome to the Province of Wynn, recruits. I am the grand ruler of Ragni, one of the two kings of the continent. Yet, as I understand that you shall not be visiting the jungle anytime soon, I am your sole commander.”

I turned to Marion. “A jungle? How much about this place didn’t we know about?” She shrugged and looked back at the king.

“Ever since the… accident, the corrupted and undead have been wandering and terrorizing the people of the province. We need more brave soldiers like you four. As I see, you all have your own talents and preferences, all of which you may use to defend the cities’ citizens and territory. Oh, and I have some items that you should take.”

The table next to him had a couple emeralds and four shiny, ornately detailed books. We split the gems and took a book each.

“These are your quest books. Each one has a map of both continents, Wynn and Gavel. Our wizards have enchanted the books to sense a citizen in distress and notify you, as a fighter to defend the people’s honor. Now, exit my castle, and explore the Great City of Ragni!”

The gate opened, leaving only the expanse of houses and structures in front of us, and our previous lives behind.

Next Chapter: Thieving Rodents, Marion

Somewhere in the next chapter, I will name the city where they all come from. What should the name be? Current though is Rumicen, but you might be able to do better.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  2. TurtleTheSeawing

TurtleTheSeawing That dragon that's studying magic HERO

Minecraft:
    You know you can post the chapters all together in one thread...
    Just saying, cause that's what everyone else does.

3. Flubby

Flubby left and accidentally became leftist VIP+

Minecraft:
    Walter Vs Zombie
    [​IMG]

4. Endertricity

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    More threads = more views
    More threads = 1 hub thread for people to go on for all of them, link will be in my signature

5. LelPop

LelPop Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Lol nice story

6. TurtleTheSeawing

TurtleTheSeawing That dragon that's studying magic HERO

Minecraft:
    That seems a little greedy don't you think?

7. Endertricity

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    sshhhhhhh
    THE POWER OF THE VILLAGERS COMPELS YOU

XavierEXE and Jones2max like this.
  8. CookedPelvis

CookedPelvis Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Pretty good actually! I am ready to read more, make sure to tag me so I can read the next one! ;p

9. Mouse :)

Mouse :) cicetil is no longer a slave VIP+

Minecraft:
    Great work, as always, But I think you put a little to much work for a little bit of story, I would like to see a big story with multiple parts and not one that just explains " This guy goes and pushes the tree and rush through the mines to enter ragni"
    Something big, But I can understand you're going at your rythm.

10. Bart (MC)

Bart (MC) Ex-Item Maker & Day Counter (MC) CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Great story. One thing: could you say dagger instead of shears? In the old Wynncraft they were shears. But now, they are daggers!

11. Endertricity

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Fine, I'll change it =P Daggers sound better anyways. But, you still do start out with "Oak Wood Shears", and that's what the normal daggers are called

Coolfood likes this.
  12. Endertricity

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bump it up yay

Coolfood likes this.
  13. Coolfood

Coolfood The Coolest Food

Minecraft:
    and wand instead of stick?

XavierEXE likes this.
  14. Platy_

Platy_ Travelled Adventurer

Guild:
    Yea I agree, use "wand" and "dagger". But good story, can't wait to see more :)

XavierEXE likes this.
  15. Walle6

Walle6 Skilled Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    bump for quality writing

16. Endertricity

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    O shit (pls nu necro lock)

17. Endertricity