Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Sub's Quick & Easy Building Tips-n'-tricks - #1: Detailing A House Wall { Medieval }

Discussion in 'Your Services' started by Submonsterine, Oct 20, 2015.

?

Should I continue with this series?

1. Yes!

100.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Submonsterine

Submonsterine Dur

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hello everyone!

Today I'd like to show you how to easily and effectively create better wall designs for a house build. I'll go through this in a step-by-step manner that's easy to understand, and should help you along your building needs!

*Note: This style works well for medieval style builds. I would not recommend this style for futuristic, modern, or others.*

**Note 2: I am not trying to "rip off" Grian's build tutorials. Please do not accuse me of doing so, I just want to share the methods I use for building**

2015-10-17_22.25.19.png
    Alright, so you have a 5x5 cobblestone wall. You're going to use this for the entirety of your build, but... cobblestone by itself is bland. This wall lacks no detail either; it's very 2-dimensional. How about adding a frame made of oak logs?

2015-10-17_22.25.39.png

Okay, that looks better. Although... it could use some windows, couldn't it?

2015-10-17_22.25.53.png

Okay, so this part is done... what more can I do to improve it? Isn't this it? It looks pretty detailed already.

If that's what you're asking, then you might be right. But, with medieval style builds, you have to have multiple layers of detail, and more detail at that. This isn't going to cut it.

2015-10-17_22.26.27.png
    My suggestion would be to use a combination of stairs and slabs until you settle upon a design you like. There isn't really any real rule here besides giving the front layer some shape.

2015-10-17_22.28.04.png
    Now, using the wall pattern you have, do a bit more with it by adding fence, wall, and other small decoration pieces to give it a nicer look.

Now let's take advantage of the 2nd "front" layer of the wall.

2015-10-17_22.29.38.png

By adding support beams that jut out and stick out in a criss-cross style layout, you achieve this nice effect. Add some more decoration in between the support beams that are sticking out to connect them together. Stone brick was added at the bottom for a nice contrast from the wood, and really makes the 2nd front layer pop out. But wait. The walls look too repetitive now...

Let's try to switch up some patterns. You should make sure that each pattern compliments the other one though, as if it doesn't the wall will look out of place.

2015-10-17_22.32.21.png

While changing up the look of the left and right walls, I made sure to compliment the center wall with the pattern I chose. Make sure to add some flowers, as they really add a great deal of color to the build, even if it is very subtle.

And there you have it. A quick step-by-step guide on how to create a wall. Please leave feedback on how I could make this tutorial better, and what you want me to do next!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  2. Troll4ever31

Troll4ever31 Designed to be a moron.

This tutorial is pretty good.
    Keep it up like this, im sure it'll be helpful to a lot of people.

3. blankman

blankman Wynncraft Boomer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I'm just gonna make this.

4. Vanward

Vanward All Around Creepy Guy; Cringy Comedian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Awesome! Well...I'm gonna make this. (Makes entire village out of walls.)

blankman and Submonsterine like this.
  5. Cubie

Cubie VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Btw, It's not like Grian came up with the way he decorates walls. Some of it may be his, but most are probably from inspiration from places like the Build server.
    Grian uses quite a lot of Build Server stuff, modifies it to fit what he would do and likes, and shares it with the world :D
    I love how he looks at YouTubing

6. Electro_Shooter

Electro_Shooter Proud of have a computer to post this.

Minecraft:

You can do something futuristic plz?

It could be interesting ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.