Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Steam Games I Should Buy

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Zelefant, Oct 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zelefant

Zelefant wizard fortress will return one day HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So i just got $60.00 in steam money for my birthday, and i was wondering if you guys want to suggest anything

games i dont want:
    - involving sex (its just disturbing)
    - horror (im the most easily scared person ever)
    - costing all of the money i have (games that cost $59.99, etc)

Here is the games i have:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks.

2. BlueMannChew

BlueMannChew Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Gang Beasts, Deathrode to canada, Super Hot, Nuclear Throne, Stereden, FTL, and both portal games

3. Zelefant

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    not a bad idea
    never heard
    eh i saw them play it over at REACT but its not too interesting
    Never heard of either
    isnt that similar to starbound
    i dont really enjoy Portal that much. I looked at the demo of Portal 1 and it wasnt very fun, especially when it doesnt tell you where the end of the tutorial is and just ends the game.

4. H07oh

H07oh Okay But Consider The Following: VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Lol that's a lot of games.

Can't recommend anything really because I haven't played anything else over 5 hours.

But try Reigns. It's pretty cheap and will interest you for a few days.

5. Zelefant

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    thank my endless amount of birthday money

quite literally. I havent earned any money since last christmas and its lasted me till my birthday yesterday.

6. lagerbooost

lagerbooost Ya boi VIP

Minecraft:
    I recommend these:
    • Batman - Arkham city GOTY (its a reaaly good game, you have a lot of interesting dlc-s in it already)
    • Mafia II (game of my childhood)
    • Mimpi (i needed a game asap so i could trade my csgo skins, i was quite shocked how fun and cheap this game is)
    • War Thunder (addicting, awesome graphics, free)
    • PayDay 2 (idk)

7. DJ_Pedro

DJ_Pedro I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    PAYDAY 2
    Borderlands 2
    THIEF
    Quake 4
    Any game from Splinter Cell serie

8. georgebujdei

georgebujdei Did somebody ring the Dinkster?

Try Rocket League, it's a game where you play soccer with rocket-boosted cars.

Gwylkill likes this.
  9. ohwooops

ohwooops Not Very Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Don't really know what you like, but dishonored GOTY is very cheap now, with dishonored 2 coming in a few weeks too. One of my fav single player games, would definitely recommend checking it out :)

10. Luigi McDingle

Luigi McDingle Giver of Cookies VIP

Minecraft:
    Portal, Portal 2, and Portal Stories: Mel (A Portal 2 mod-game) don't need an explanation. $10, $20, and free.

DLC Quest, a humorous indie platformer making fun of modern game developers who rely on DLC and microtransactions to get money. $3.

The Guest
    , a thriller/puzzle indie game revolving around you escaping an apartment. It might have some horror bits later on, -- I haven't really played a lot of it, -- though the store page doesn't describe it as a horror game. $10. EDIT: The ending is TERRIBLE.

DRAGON: A Game About a Dragon, a hand-drawn indie platformer, great for passing time with casual gameplay. $5.

Resident Evil 4 Remastered doesn't need an explanation. $20.

Out There Somewhere, an indie puzzle/platformer, and a favorite of mine. You are equipped with a gun that shoots bullets, and when the bullets hit a wall, you are teleported to wherever they hit. It's incredibly short, but also really fun and replayable with lots of collectibles and the option to have a little timer in the corner, which is great for speedruns. Speedruns are really easy, by the way. Also, the music is AWESOME. $2, but it's seemingly always on sale for $.50.

Shadowgate, a point-and-click dungeon crawler with quite a bit of puzzles. You can get the original version, published in 1987, for $3, or the 2014 version, complete with HD real-time cutscenes and multiple gameplay modes, for $15.

Press X to Not Die, a live-action interactive movie based entirely around choosing dialogue options that make no difference in the end and quick-time events. I think there might be a sex/romance scene or two, but I'm not entirely sure. $3.

Rogue Legacy, a game that uses the Souls games' rule of "You WILL die, one way or another," but still manages to be fun and won't make you angry unless you try to beat one of the bosses you get infinite tries in one life on. Those guys are hard as balls. Anyway, the main point of the game is you going into a castle filled with enemies and trying to beat all the bosses inside. After you die, (which you will) you get to choose a new "heir." Every heir has a different class and different traits. For example, you can have a Barbarian with a lot of health who is also really small and knows where all the enemies are on the minimap, or a Ninja who doesn't knock enemies back with attacks, but also doesn't activate spike traps. You also keep all the gold you have in your last life, which you can spend on upgrades and gear for your next life. It's kind of hard to explain with just words, so you should look up a video of it or something. $15.

Warframe is a free-to-play game with a crapton of content and a large playerbase. You really don't have to spend a penny on the game, unless you want all the cosmetics. All the useful items are easily obtained through simply playing the game as normal. There's a lot of controls and it's kind of hard to get used to the parkour/jumping mechanics, but once you do, it's really fun. $0.

Red Faction Guerrilla. You blow stuff up and kill people on Mars. It's really fun and really satisfying. $5.

Spore is a game where you let your creative side shine through with a very in-depth creation system. You create your own species and help it evolve from a single cell to an intelligent civilization. Be warned that the online system is very broken and won't allow you to connect with other people and look at their creations unless you can accomplish the tedious and troublesome task of getting EA to get your account working with Spore. $20.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is, in my opinion, the best game in the series. It doesn't really need a long explanation. $15 for GOTY, $20 for GOTY Deluxe, which includes all the DLC.

BeamNG.drive is like Garry's Mod, but with cars that have super detailed destruction. Still in early access, but still really awesome. $25. I'd wait for it to go on sale.

Empyrion - Galactic Survival is like Minecraft, but in space. Very intense base defense aspects. Early access. $20.

Subnautica is like Empyrion, but in the ocean. Early access. $20.

7 Days to Die is like Empyrion, but on Earth in a zombie apocalypse. I recommend it as both a nice, casual building game, and an intense zombie game, depending on how you play it. Early access. $25. Definitely wait for it to go on sale.

Alan Wake calls itself a horror game, but it's really not that scary. It's a very unique shooter where you play as an average Joe by the name of Alan Wake, who is struggling as an author. Suddenly, some spooky stuff happens, and you get a flashlight and a revolver and have to kill stuff by shining your flashlight at it to weaken it, then shoot it. $30. I highly recommend waiting for it to go on sale. Oh, you should know that a Latin American Spanish localization is also available if you need it.

I spent a lot of time writing this, so you better at least consider getting one of these games.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  11. Hiradaei

Hiradaei 1080 Pound Phoenix HERO

Minecraft:
    Wow, thanks for the list @EpicMario13 always wanted to buy steam games but I'm broke xD

12. Gwylkill

Gwylkill Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Buy Rocket leageu, i is like the best game ever.

SizzlingBacon likes this.
  13. Inactive User

Inactive User Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universals 4, Stellaris, Civilization 5, Civilization 6...strategy games.

Although Civ 6 will cost $60, it's well worth it. The rest are lower, with the highest price $40.

14. Vriska Serket

Vriska Serket Spidr Grill VIP

Minecraft:
    Xenoverse 2

15. Luigi McDingle

Minecraft:
    Actually, the whole game is a tutorial. It's kind of hard to explain, but basically, every test chamber you go through is just another segment of the tutorial of the game

16. Zelefant

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Meant demo. Sorry. In the portal demo it cuts off randomly and doesn't tell you

17. Luigi McDingle

Minecraft:
    Ah, I see.

So, uh... Are you gonna try any of the games I recommended?

18. Zelefant

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Either getting GTA V or some of your games.

19. Mishapen Ladel

Mishapen Ladel Giving Criticism were its due.

1. GTA V
    2. Skyrim Legendary edition, it goes on sale for about £2 at times
    3. CIV V(I) Either or, one is more expensive than the other. If your getting V then make sure to pick up the complete edition.
    4. Factorio. If you have exams or things like that don't get this. Its a game based on building and automating a huge factory in a nice 2d style. Watch a few vids.
    5. Stanley Parable. DO NOT GOOGLE ANYTHING ABOUT THIS. It is important to go in blind for the full effect of this game. It is a story driven game set on a linear path with everything narrated to you. Its a comdey and thats all you need to know.
    6. Age of Empires 2 HD edition. A timeless classic that is always fun.
    7. Witcher 3 Wild hunt (and DLCs) Very good, go look up some reviews. Has gotten over 200 awards.

Pick up any of these but I'd say they are the main ones I'd suggest to anyone

edit: I cant believe I forgot the best game of all time. Bad rats! If you don't have enough money left over to buy it I'll happily gift to you for free ;)

20. Glitch496

Glitch496 Game Master HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Spend it on TF2 hue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.