Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Starting Over In Wynncraft

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Moe_Ronickah, Dec 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moe_Ronickah

Moe_Ronickah Traveling through hyperspace . . .. CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Some of you may know, and some may not, that I already have 6 Lv75 classes. I have no real idea of how to rebuild them, at the moment, and that is not a surprise to me. So, what to do? I took Salted's advice, that this was going to be an entirely new take on the item, ID, and powder system. I started a new class, and I'm learning as I go. It's not a matter of "I wasted all of my time getting to this level", it's really a matter of "I'll learn something new as I go along", and it's a lot of fun, so far.

I know that a lot of Wynnians jumped right in with their older classes, and went after the Lv 100 goal. There's nothing wrong with doing that, and I really considered it, too. However, I want to see the game and the new mechanics from the very beginning. It's a new challenge, and maybe it will help me to be able to help other players. No matter which way you go, run with an older build, or start a new one, the whole idea of playing Wynn is to have fun. If you aren't enjoying Wynn the way that you are playing, try playing it differently, which brings me to my next point.

I've seen several threads and a lot of comments really talking negatively against the Gavel update. So, why are people hating on the Gavel update? I believe it is because they want to just jump in and carry on from where they were, without any learning curve. Quite literally, they want the game mechanics to be nearly identical to what they were in the past, but the game mechanics have changed, and new game mechanics means that there must be a new learning curve. Jumping into the middle of new game mechanics means that you land on a steep learning curve, trying to learn a lot, in very little time. Think of it this way: you have no experience flying any kind of aircraft, and suddenly you are trying to fly a helicopter, at 20 000 ft (~6100 meters), over an open pool of lava that is as wide as you can see. Hanging below you is a large glass container. All of your friends and family are sealed in it. There are 67 books next of you, from basic aircraft ground training, to advanced helicopter control. Everything you need in order to expertly fly a helicopter. You have a gauge in front of you that reads "15 minutes of fuel remaining", and a sticky note next to it that reads "Think fast!". Why are you scared? Because that is an extremely steep learning curve. In plain language, it's Too much to learn in 15 minutes!!

Steep learning curves are frustrating, which is why Salted recommended starting over with a new class. It's not a good idea, with all of the changes to the game mechanics, to begin learning with an old class, as it only leads to frustration, for most people. Some people don't see the learning curve as frustrating them too much, they see the frustration as just a challenge. They took their older character, and ran with it, without getting too upset, but not everyone can do this. For me, I decided to play Wynncraft from the point of view of a brand-new player. I started a new warrior. Once I've brought this new warrior up a long ways, maybe I'll even wait until after I get to Lv100, and learned along the way, maybe I will take one of my 75s and work out what skills it needs, so that I don't have to restart every class. In the mean time, I'm learning, and having fun along the way.

Ackro, TheDerpyAldrin, Reqiem and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.