Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Art Skins to match some of the new cosmetics

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by Samsam101, Jul 26, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    (Credit to @Naraka00 for providing images of a couple of the skins wearing hats that I don't have)

I made a mage skin for myself and then decided to do that for every class + edit my mage skin to be more accurate to the original mage art

The decayed skull, catgirl ears, bunny ears and jester hat can go die. I might make a jester hat and add it later though.

1: Mage
    mageskinnew.PNG
    I designed my mage skin to be more masculine since the mage art is quite clearly female, but I had to undo those design choices with this skin. Keep in mind that all of these skins are going to be missing their hat because they're designed around wearing the cosmetic. The skin looks good in slim but it wasn't designed for the slim option and thus the hands glitch, but someone might be able to fix it to work with slim
    wynncraft mage.png

Right click > Save image as > Open minecraft launcher > Go to skins > Upload the skin file

2: Assassin
    assassin.PNG
    The assassin looks a lot different to the art because the Assassin Hood is a lot lighter. It's a pretty basic skin compared to the mage since the Assassin art doesn't have many significant details

wynncraft assassin.png

Right click > Save image as > Open minecraft launcher > Go to skins > Upload the skin file

3: Archer
    archer skin.PNG

I don't like this one as much as the previous 2 because it looks a little underdetailed. I tried my best since the archer art is very weirdly shaped, and this is the end result. It might look better with the archer hat though.

wynncraft archer.png

4: Warrior
    warrior.PNG
    warriorskin.PNG

bald.

wynncraft warrior.png

5: Shaman
    too lazy to make shaman for now but i will later

Unfortunately I have only one of the assosciated cosmetics so I can't test how they all look, but anyone who does can feel free to post screenshots below

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  2. Samsam101

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    just realised that i forgot to remove the morph-ruby from my skin from the mage e

3. Samsam101

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bump because i added a picture of the mage skin with the hat

4. Naraka00

Naraka00 Warrior of the Revolution Staff Member Mod Manager Moderator CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like them a lot, enough to even try them on, I think there are just a couple of adjustments you need to make in order to truly make this thread shine:
    1. your mage skin is by far the star of this show, I really like how you made their eyes simple but quirky just like the website art, it really suits them.
    2. assassin skin could be just as good if the face was adjusted so the eyes were 1 pixel lower:
    [​IMG]

3. the warrior bald skin was actually a genius idea, unfortunately the cosmetic head doesn't fit perfectly, it needs just a lil bit of hair added and experiment placing his eyes 1 pixel lower once more, I tried taking a screenshot of him looking on the side so you could see the head issue but it was simply too fast for me:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    4. the warrior skin is a tiny bit too yellow, your mage looks a lot more healthy and alive since his yellow clothes are offset by his pink skin, warrior should have been a bit more tanned/warm skinned instead of yellow perhaps? and his torso clothes slightly grayer (armor-like) similar to the official art. I like his boots though they look cute c:
    5. the images that you're using to showcase the skins are a bit too dark to understand what's happening there, increase the brightness. contrast and saturation to return them to normal.

Also I'm really sorry if the criticism bothers you, I decided to give it since I think that you truly have something potentially amazing here.

5. Samsam101

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I wanted consistency with the eye placements however I will experiment with them a little

I didn't give the Warrior any hair since he has no visible hair in his official artwork, but if I were to do so I'd probably go with brown hair in reference to JaydontheWarrior's skin. I think what I might try instead though is adding an extension for the hat on the sides so it looks less derpy

If you want to get a good image of the side of his head you can get a screenshot of the skin from in your inventory (you can change the direction he is facing from there)

I think they're dark because the Minecraft launcher puts a grey tint over them so I'm not sure if increasing the brightness would fix it or not
    As of writing this I only need an ingame picture of archer (and shaman when i stop procrastinating and add it) so it isn't THAT bad of a problem but I might try to fix it

assassinbetter.png

warriorexperiment1.png This is a version of the warrior skin with some (hopefully) nicer skin and lower eyes

warriorexperiment2.png This is the same skin as the above one except I added a hood extension. Only problem is that he looks like buzz lightyear without the hood

luckeyLuuk and Naraka00 like this.
  6. Naraka00

Naraka00 Warrior of the Revolution Staff Member Mod Manager Moderator CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That's funny because to me it seems like the mage's skin has eyes placed 1 pixel lower when compared with the warrior and assassin skins, so if you wanted consistency ;)

(Also if you take a screenshot of the skins while using them in the launcher they won't look darked out, but like you said better to get in game screenshots)

I think perhaps due to the assassin hood having more of his forehead discovered he needs just a lil bit more hair to it, but it does look more natural than before:
    [​IMG]

I like the new skin tone you gave to the warrior skin, looks better, I'm not sure if the version with the side hat has a bit too much fur on the sides now (the irony lol) and they're mostly 1 color so it doesn't look quite right, this is more noticeable due to his forehead being remarkably clear - he suffers from the same issue assassin now does basically, because the tones you chose for the sides look nice, the hat extension idea is probably good to follow through:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    It probs just needs to be finessed a bit more and then it will look great :)

7. Samsam101

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bump because i keep neglecting this thread (also don't close the thread)

ThedumbOX likes this.
  8. Xephar

Xephar not default CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    very cool man!

ThedumbOX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.