1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Shaman Or Archer

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Impossikour, Jan 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Impossikour

Impossikour Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    what are the pros and cons of both classes and for most situations which one is better

TerrarianSoldier likes this.
  2. TerrarianSoldier

TerrarianSoldier Archer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Archer is excellent for single target dps, and has the highest weapon damage paired with the longest attack range. It’s great at picking off a enemies at a distance and fighting bosses. And eventually you’ll unlock speed 3 and it becomes super easy to dodge and outrun enemies.

Shaman is a crowd control class, it excels at taking on large groups of enemies, but it doesn’t do as well against single targets and bosses like the archer does.

The archer is the best class IMO, the huge attack range let’s you dodge ranged attacks incredibly easy. At the same time you can dish out huge damage.

TrapinchO likes this.
  3. Ankarin

Ankarin Bad profile post guy CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    shaman is op, but is sadly getting nerfed in 1.20
    archer is op, but is not getting nerfed in 1.20

4. Impossikour

Impossikour Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    after nerf will shaman still be good

Ankarin likes this.
  5. Ankarin

Ankarin Bad profile post guy CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Considerably worse, but still usable

6. MlecznyHuxel99

MlecznyHuxel99 Fruman walls guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    nighthawk nerf=archer nerf
    and tbh archer isnt that op when you realise that you get 2-3 shotted by everything

Ankarin likes this.
  7. TagUrIt

TagUrIt Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    One of the biggest cons with archers is that it's frail and don't do so well as other classes in boss fights. However, that doesn't mean it can't succeed. It's entirely possible to manage your own with hard bosses as long as you have the proper gear, build, skill, strategy, etc. You can't afford to make too many dumb moves, but yea.

8. Nested_

Nested_ J chillin HERO

Minecraft:
    Aight so everyone else is talking viability and such, but lemme talk FUN to ya. So I've been an Archer main since the very beginning, and I tell ya, it's so much fun.

Now, don't get me too wrong, because I'm not fully biased (I'm definitely biased but not 100%). So, I snagged the hero rank and started a new Shaman (well, skyseer, but it's the same), and got to level like 55 or something on it. It was pretty fun, but after a little while, it got a little boring.

But lemme compare some things back to back.

First few levels:
    For archer, they go well. Arrow storm is decent for damage, your range is great (especially if you get some neutral attack up early on), and escape spell is, IMO, way better than haul.

For shaman, it's a little slower. Your neutral attack is pretty neat, being three attacks, and being decently ranged, so it's not bad by any measure, but your totem spell is pretty boring till you get the Aura spell. Not useless, since it heals you and hurts things in its range, but it's just kinda boring. And Haul is just a very weird movement skill. If you don't know, it has you leap towards your totem, so it cannot be used without a totem being out, and isn't the best for just traversing over space.

More middle game:
    The tools archer gets just make it dummy fun. Bomb Arrow is one of my favorite things in the game. Huge damage, big AoE, perfect range, and higher tiers of it have it start bouncing around and exploding multiple times, so it's just so perfect for crowd control. A higher tier of the escape spell has it give you speed 3 for 3 minutes, so you're basically the fasted class without trying for it. Arrow shield is pretty neat too, not my favorite thing and I honestly under-utilize it, but it's generally good to just cast it and forget about it for a bit, and then it may save you in a pinch while you're zooming around.

Shaman gets interesting, some great things, some kinda boring. So it's bomb arrow equivalent is the Aura spell, which is pretty fun for a while, and AMAZING for grinding spots, since it just sends a wave through your totems range (actually further out than) that does a lot of damage, and tier 2, it rebounds and hits things a second time. Very fun, feels similar to bomb arrow, but it also takes more setup than bomb arrow, since you need to put your totem down before you can use it, and it has less flexibility since you'd have to replace your totem to use it again, but the range is big enough that this won't be an issue too often. Hauls upgrade is honestly kinda lame. You just hurt enemies you go through while using haul, which is pretty situational, and really just not worth setting it up. This part might ruffle some feathers, but uproot is honestly, in my opinion, the lamest spell in the game. It just brings enemies towards you with some okay damage, later it brings your totem towards you, and at the last tier it resets the totems timer, and if you shift while using it it'll push enemies away instead of pulling them. I rarely used this spell, because it never seemed as good as just planting a totem and using aura, except for some EXCEPTIONALLY rare and dummy specific situations that are just not at all frequent enough to warrant choosing shaman over.

So I do not feel at all qualified to comment on late game, because my highest level character is lvl 75, so I'm not an authority by any stretch of the imagination.

Reigning it back in because I went off back there, Archer is super fun because it's super mobile and has great range and damage (tho it is pretty dainty and you'll get popped randomly sometimes and it'll just be like "ah, damn"), and Shaman is also fun, but honestly got pretty boring once I made it around level 40 or so, but it'll do ya really good if you're playing with a group.

Full tl;dr, Archer is more fun IMO, but Shaman might do you better if you're with a group.

TrapinchO likes this.
  9. dr_carlos

dr_carlos Morph Gang!

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I have to disagree with you there.
    If you say that pre-1.20 Shaman is op, then you have to say that every other class is trash.
    Because, compared to Shaman, every other class is trash.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Ankarin likes this.
  10. RenZenthio

RenZenthio Trap HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Also, I'd like to say the shaman nerfs in 1.20 are marginal at best
    Also, shaman single-target dps is quite low compared to other classes, it just has high sustain and crowd control.

Archer is great for basically everything...its damage output is ridiculous and it can stay ranged. Honestly, not too many downsides.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.