1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Quests/NPC Sand Swept Tomb Quest: Possible Bugged Item

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Undyne, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Undyne

Undyne I hate being a shell of what I was long ago. HERO

Minecraft:
    So I was doing the Sand Swept Tomb quest since I'm trying to get the next set of tools for my main. Everything was running fine until I got to the part where I found the broken cart and was seized by the bandits. The script executed fine, but the issue arose when I teleported to this location:

[​IMG]

Basically it's like the area on the map but it's barriered off and in a separate location. Once here one hostile bandit mob would spawn. Upon killing it, nothing happens, and it just respawns. No other mobs or armor stand text is present. The only thing that I found that might be glitching it is this item, which looks like a staff but with the text, "Gold Bar":

[​IMG]

What I am suspecting is that the quest item needed to progress the quest (through the YAML text) has been bugged in some way. The item is not formatted like normal Wynncraft items, and it doesn't even look like this should even exist in game. The only way this could have happened is if a drop from a mob or as given by a quest was replaced with this item, which can break the quest completely if the replaced item was a requirement to progress. It's a simple fix, one that I could do within minutes, but at this point that isn't possible.

If possible, please go check all chests/mob chests associated with this quest and look for this weird staff item. That will be the most likely reason it's bugged. If not, then I'm not sure why the quest is like this.

Update: Just relogged, issue still persists where killing the bandit does nothing to progress the quest. However the weird staff item changed into the proper textured and labeled gold bar, so that may have nothing to do with the issue. Therefore, either a mob was deleted, a drop was removed, or something within the bugged area is broken, preventing me from progressing further in the quest.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  2. Ascended Kitten

Ascended Kitten Her Imperial Majesty QA Modeler HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Heya, what kinda mobs spawn? Is a Bandit Leader to be seen?

3. Undyne

Minecraft:
    "...of course you show up...now my sins have returned...stop...it hurts..."

But no, only one bandit appeared and it was not called a leader. Nothing happened after I was tped and I killed the bandit multiple times with the only things dropping being emeralds and occasionally a potion.

Again, I suspect a mob issue, with either the mob's file being deleted or the mob not spawning in the appropriate location. I might test it again but it's kind of annoying to do that and waste tp scrolls on a bugged quest.

4. Bear_Force

Bear_Force Bug report frontliner - tag me for help VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hello o/
    How old is this class? (Classed that were made before update 1.17 of Wynncraft [around 2 years ago] might face problems with 1.17+ quests [aka as dungeon quests and 1.18 new quests])

About the "gold bar staff", it's a known issue. Idk why does it happen. All I can tell you that every ingredient you have turns into this staff in 'guild wars', 'dungeons' and 'cut scenes'.

If this isn't the situation, please use the "reply" function down below and re-explain the situation

Have a great day :D

5. Undyne

Minecraft:
    The classes were made in 2016 though some were made in 2017 after I reached end game on the earlier classes. I worked on the dungeon quest update and no one reported issues with older classes glitching out, though I did leave right before the update went live.

The gold bar was disregarded since relogging caused it to turn into a normal item. I suspect I might have obtained it earlier in the quest before the glitch happened.

The issue is that the mob needed to progress the quest isn't spawning, which could be because of a spawn coordinate issue or the mob file somehow being deleted. If the quest was fully functional the mob should have spawned in the barriered area with the other bandit enemy. Of course I have no idea if they modified anything with that on the GitHub so I'm forced to rely on other CT to look into the problem.

I might test the area again to see if anything has changed since the glitch occurred.