Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Ryuu

Discussion in 'Featured Wynncraftian Suggestions' started by 01100110111, Jun 25, 2017.

?

Do you think Ryuu is a good choice for Featured Wynncraftian?

1. Yup!

81.7%
  2. Not really.

18.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 01100110111

01100110111 wings of ice VIP+

Minecraft:
    P R O F I L E : https://forums.wynncraft.com/members/ryuu.16908/

Heyo, I'd like to nominate @Ryuu for Featured Wynncraftian for a long list of reasons. Before I delve into all the actual contributions she's made to Wynncraft, I will start by saying that you will find few personality flaws in her. While the FW title is not meant to be freely thrown around for those who are "nice," her constant willingness to help and approachable character certainly don't hurt.

I. A R T
    Ryuu has posted a massive amount of art on the forums in the just over 3 years she's been here, and is well-known in the Your Work section as a talented artist. Admittedly, some of these have been for fun and don't exactly function as "contributions" to Wynncraft, like her series of Undertale fanart (sorry for bringing up old art Ryuu :haha:). Another fraction of her art is slightly more related to Wynn, examples being the shiny Gavel banner and when she doodled the entire Gameplay Update (holy shit).

However, her greatest contributions reside in doing official Wynn art, as shown by her nerd-colored Artist tag. Major ones include helping create the spoopy HalloWynn theme and drawing the Corkus Update's logo. She's also done a ton of Twitter art and is the one that wished you a Happy Easter and Happy Holidays with two incredibly adorable wybels each, and created the holy-heck-i-wanna-squish-them wybel and bear promos.

II. C O M M U N I T Y
    Ryuu's had a hand in running at least four major community events so far. The Scarlet Conundrum was the first of these four, and brought together a dedicated group of cryptographers for a final prize of two stacks of LE. The second was the Aurising, which although an alliance-based event, was open to the public and had dozens of players attend. Ryuu helped to successfully organize a few large events including a raffle and a scavenger hunt. After that, in early March she created the Puzzle Emporium, which like the Scarlet Conundrum was a collection of puzzles that rewarded prizes. The most recent one was Aurelion's Summer Festival, and similar to the Aurising was an alliance-themed event with a sizable public attendance.

Furthermore, Ryuu was a moderator for about four months until she stepped down, a title that emphasizes community interaction and leadership. As mentioned earlier, she's been part of the forum community for over three years, and thus it's clear that Ryuu is an experienced veteran of Wynncraft.

III. O T H E R
    While Ryuu technically left two months ago, she's still heavily involved in the Wynncraft community and is a no-life on exceptionally active on Discord. She's often seen helping others out or stepping in to resolve disputes, and exhibits maturity alongside humility. Moving to the point, yesterday Ryuu released her code for a Wynncraft self-bot, a tool which uses the API to run a wide array of useful commands in Discord.

Last year, Ryuu created a well-thought-out suggestion for an in-game reputation system which balanced novel ideas with pre-existing aspects of lore. Additionally, she was a builder for about two months and a GM trial at one point. All of this implies an extensive knowledge of Wynncraft's game mechanics—while dedicating immense amounts of time to Wynncraft is not unique only to her, it is notable in describing her qualifications for FW.

In conclusion, Ryuu has clearly "done something that is impactful in some way" and over and over again has "done something unique that makes her stand out." Again, there is a visible line between being popular and being impactful, but Ryuu is popular because she is impactful. There are countless reasons for her to be honored with the designation of Featured Wynncraftian, and I hope I have made these clear to you in this thread.

she's graced us with so many beautiful things
    like this stunning interpretation of a carrot
    this magnificent quest idea
    and these two deeply insightful observations

also she is/was a weeabryuu (thanks @awsomthing )
    also idk wtf this is but she drew it and that's all that matters
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    XxDiCaprioxX, NITEHAWKX, H0Y and 28 others like this.
  2. AurumKitsune

AurumKitsune Queen of Phoenixes VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i like the use of the nerd tag

ploo likes this.
  3. Kaelan~

Kaelan~ RIP VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Before everyone who hasn't properly read the thread goes commenting "Ryuu left the forums"...
    Remember that there are many other places than the forums.
    Ryuu is active on the Wynncraft Discord.
    And even if this is not enough, we can still bend the rules a bit and make a honorary FW.

The interview isn't a problem either, it is still very easy to contact Ryuu.

Nice nomination!

4. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    I'll be damned. A FW suggestion that actually makes sense. Normally, anything art-based would be worthless, but being a server artist is definitely impactful.

On top of that, these events have all been pretty large, and while not directly contributing to the community, definitely impactful and pretty unique events.

5. funnysillyman

funnysillyman lil uzi fan VIP+ GM

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    bias because pretzule x ryuu

Dohdo, Hexorcism and orange0404 like this.
  6. Tubular Toasts

Tubular Toasts I Make Some Drawings lvl. 9¾ Pasta Chef VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i am down to clown with this town

01100110111 likes this.
  7. Kaelan~

Kaelan~ RIP VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Red: Not likely.
    Green: Staff
    Blue: likely.
    upload_2017-7-2_15-9-41.png
    INTERESTIIIINNNGGGG

(in before pretz is only waiting for new nominations)

8. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    id like to think I still got a chance

Kaelan~ likes this.
  9. Z0mbi3Sh4rk

Z0mbi3Sh4rk Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Niceeeeeeee :)

10. 01100110111

01100110111 wings of ice VIP+

Minecraft:
    Pepo, Ascended Kitten and Reqiem like this.
  11. Pepo

Pepo Snt best cult! QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes please!!!!!

01100110111 and Kaelan~ like this.
  12. Cloud Man

Cloud Man Bruh HERO

Minecraft:
    IV. Nerd
    All nerds need FW

13. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    01100110111 likes this.
  14. Pepo

Pepo Snt best cult! QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ryuuu for FW <3

01100110111 likes this.
  15. Zepic

Zepic I Don’t Know What to Put HERO

Minecraft:
    Do not let this thread die. Ryuu for FW!

16. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    She dead tho

17. Zepic

Zepic I Don’t Know What to Put HERO

Minecraft:
    True ;-;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.