Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Restart quest Misadventure on the Sea?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by TheLonelyAlois, Jun 27, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLonelyAlois

TheLonelyAlois Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Is it possible to restart the quest? i got as far as on the ship and got the sponge to clean up the bodies. I logged off and on to appear on the top of the ship, nothing happening. I then used the teleport scroll to Nemract. I play on and off so i had already started the quest but didn't finish it. I started again when i hopped on the ship. Dialog was confusing and kept resting from the beginning.
    Please help.

2. nomythrilskin?

nomythrilskin? jungle fetishes broke my kneecaps

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So, what's the problem here?
    Also, what part of the quest are you on

3. TheLonelyAlois

Minecraft:
    Hi, thanks for your response. It first started when I approached the named NPC (forgot his name) on the docks and joined him on the ship. The cutscene started and i pressed shift to continue the dialog, but it kept restarting from the first sentence of the conversation, like from 1/7 to 2/7 (7 being the whole dialog in total) and I kept hitting shift to continue the conversation, and it kept restarting back to one. The whole scene was confusing. I kept playing till I arrived in the next part under the decks. During the whole time, the same NPC was repeating the dialog from the previous cutscene. I received the sponge to clean up the bodies. I was unable to use the sponge on the body in front of me so I logged out and logged back in hoping maybe it would let me repeat the quest again or at least from under the deck in the ship. I logged back in and i was on top of the ship. i looked around to see if i could get back under the deck, but couldn't find anything. I hopped off the ship onto the ground, walked around and found black wool box with a block hole around the black box. Hopped down and dying from going into the endless abyss and used my teleport scroll to Nemract. Went over to start the quest again and clicked to get back to the ship, but nothing happens.
    I want to do the quest but I messed up some how. This is the first time ive ever experienced this. I hope this helps.

4. nomythrilskin?

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well, I've never heard of that happening before. Seems like the quest kind of just broke for you, that's unfortunate. You can probably contact a staff member to fix it.
    Also, to get back onto the ship, simply go back to where it is in Nemract.

5. TheLonelyAlois

Minecraft:
    How do I contact staff? Also, I'm unable to click on the thing that tells me to get on the ship at the docks. Thank you again for your assistance.

6. nomythrilskin?

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hmm. Yeah, the quest seems to be very broken for you. Unfortunate
    The first thing to do would be to submit a bug report (see https://forums.wynncraft.com/forums/bug-reports.145/)
    If they decide to, the staff that see your report might be able to help you out. However, the admins (the ones that actually deal with this stuff) are generally very busy and besides, mots isn't the most important quest anyway
    As a last resort (and if you really want to finish the quest really badly) you can contact an admin in-game or on the forums. (Admins are: redx475, Crunkle, colin360, and HeyZeer0.)
    Alternatively you could just... not do the quest, since you only really get like a hundred emeralds, some useless ingredients, a little xp, and free rides to selchar.

7. TheLonelyAlois

Minecraft:
    I see. thank you very much! I think im going to ignore the quest for now.

nomythrilskin? likes this.
  8. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    To get the timeline straight; you started the quest, got partway through it, left the game, rejoined and used the scroll, joined again, were unable to continue and then tried to continue again?

9. TheLonelyAlois

Minecraft:
    1. Started quest. Dialog was weird.
    2. Arrived under ship deck.
    3. Left game. Rejoined and found myself on ship deck.
    4. Used scroll to teleport to Nemract.
    5. Went back to where quest started and it was unclickable.
    I've tried to do the quest again a couple of times. As of today, i cannot find the icon at the docks in Nemract. Even when im tracking the quest. Thanks again for your help!

10. Hams

Hams Content Team Manager CT Manager Support Team Community Manager Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Go back to the dock in nemract, then on the boat, get a sponge from honip, clean up the bodies and continue with the quest. The holo is right on the docks, if it doesn't appear, just walk away and then come back (but it worked normally just now when i tested it)

11. TheLonelyAlois

Minecraft:
    I am unable to click on the holo. I see it but I can't click on it to get to the boat.

12. TheLonelyAlois

Minecraft:
    I shift clicked and got back on the boat Im all good now! thx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.