Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Warrior/Knight Recommended Builds

Discussion in 'Class Builds' started by Ingo, Oct 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ingo

Ingo Class Building Enthusiast HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This build collection is here to help Warrior players to find a build that suits their playstyle.
    Until this thread was made this content was only in #recommended_builds in the Warrior Cult

For build submission and discussion or requests to join the Warrior Cult (community discord server) please write me on Discord (1ngo.) - please do not submit builds below so this comment section stays clean.

• To be added
    • [OLD Fallen + Paladin] [RotS offhand] EFA, Massacre Tank.
    • [OLD Fallen] [RotS offhand] ETFA, corruption + second chance
    • [OLD Fallen] ETA, Massacre Speedster, can also use Atakebune instead of Delirium
    • [OLD Fallen] ETA, guild war dps, use double upper to dodge aura and after activating corruption take off and re-equip your armour at the beginning of a war to lower your health.
    • [OLD Monk] or [OLD Monk + Paladin] TFA, upper upper scream
    • [OLD Fallen] ETW, guild war dps. jump to dodge aura and spam spells at the beginning of a war to lower your health (blood pact) for corruption. Cycle upper scream while facing up so air shout hits many times.
    • To be added
    • [OLD Monk] TFA, defensive. Can also drop Thunder Mastery + Fireworks and take Mantle of the Bovemists + Stronger Mantle instead to be even tankier. My personal favourite for Guardian.
    • [OLD Monk] TWF, offensive. No mythic boots. Upper scream cycle.
    • [OLD Paladin] TFA, hyperdefensive. Scream scream upper cycle.
    • [OLD Monk] TFA. Huge dmg boost form discombobulate. 3rd 3rd 4th cycle. No mythic boots
    • [OLD Monk] or [OLD Fallen + Monk] TWA, use everlasting tomes for health regen. Upper scream cycle.
    • [OLD Monk] or [OLD Fallen + Monk] EWA, also use everlasting tomes for health regen. Also upper scream cycle. Just a slightly worse version of the build above with the upside of not needing a Moontower.
    • [OLD Monk] Slow-ish spell. 86k dps (5 cps, bash charge scream cycle, discombobulate, ragnarokkr, endurance (without considering Radiance, Courage and Madness, it gets over 100k when calculating with them)).

• [OLD Monk] or [OLD Fallen] Infidel, TWFA, greed, Generalist (cycle: Scream - Charge - Upper, starting with scream is crucial). If you don't have skill point tomes replace Unravel with Morph-Stardust and assign remaining skill points in intelligence
    • [OLD Monk] Ignition, TWF, simple upper bash cycle. For worse mana rolls assign less dex more int.
    • [OLD Monk] The Forsaken, EWA, upper scream cycle. ~65k average dps at 6 cps (not including curse, assuming max conc and 2s dodge). If you have one skill point tome (3 sp) you can also use Aphotic + Anya's Penumbra for a glassier version with higher dps (~75k at same conditions)
    • [OLD Monk + Paladin] Ignition, TFA tank, upper scream cycle. ~30k average dps at 6 cps (endurance, ragnarokkr, discombobulate). Your main role with this build is to lock the boss on you (Provoke) while buffing your team by giving them radiance and ragnarokkr and by applying curse to the boss.
    • Rest in Peace :praying:
      This used to be a playstyle but was completely removed from the game in the 2.0 update
    • To be added
    • [OLD Fallen + Monk] Harwrol, ETFA, 45.4k dps without corruption (ragnarokkr, discombobulate, melee dps, cyclone dps). Can use Rhythm of the Seasons to heal after corruption, high walk speed.
    • [OLD Fallen + Paladin] Undying, ETFA, 72k dps at 75% corruption, when leaving corruption use Rhythm of the Seasons to heal
    • [OLD Monk + Paladin] 45.8k dps with war scream (cyclone + melee dps with discombobulate)
    • To be added
    • To be added
    • To be added

I can craft the spears for you (free of charge if you supply the needed items), just message me on Discord (1ngo.)
    • [OLD Monk] TFA tank. The rings can be replaced with any other rings, for TCC I'd recommend keeping Diamond Solar Rings, for TNA either crafted damage rings if you can use spellsteal while flying or double Kaze if you can't fly with spellsteal yet (it's hard, nearly as hard as uppercancelling was back in the days).
    • To be added
    • To be added
    • Rest in Peace :praying:
      This used to be a playstyle but was completely removed from the game in the 2.0 update
    • To be added
    • To be added
    • To be added
    • To be added
    • To be added
    • To be added

I will not pretend that these matter anymore so I will not update them but if someone wants to do some classic lootrunning (the way lootrunning was before 2.0.3) these can still be used as a guide.
    • Old [Agility] Tidebinder + damage offhand (Hero / WWF powdered Bob's Mythic Spear / The Forsaken)
    • Old [Defence] Charging Flame (or Idol) + optional damage offhand (Convergence / Ignition)
    1. Bob's mythic works fine for SE with water or fire powders. Rodo doesn't require you to kill more then like, 2 bosses, Sky only has 2, cotl has none, corkus has few bosses and bobs mythic works for them.
    2. In terms of movement (for both non idol builds) I recommend Whirlwind Surfing. The click combo is RRRRL, L, RRRRL, L... Once you practice a bit, it seems more natural than you might expect.
    3. If your tailoring pieces aren't 40 lq by themselves, you can replace one of the rings for lq and make up the difference (which is also cheaper if you aren't crafting yourself)

1. In case someone just came here and is wondering what stuff like TWF, EWF, ETF etc mean: ETWFA stand for the skill points as represented by the elements (Earth Thunder Water Fire Air = str dex int def agi), for example an EWF build (read as: Earth Water Fire build) is a build that's using str, int and def.
    2. When a build requires too many skill points it needs those skill points from skill point tomes
    3. I am still working on this, it's not too easy to come up with meta builds. If you made a build that would deserve a spot here feel free to message me on Discord (Ingo#5621), help is appreciated.
    4. If you don't know what mythic you should go for, try this [quiz]
      Small disclaimer: this is not the best form of evaluation, and talking with other members in #community_chat or #warrior_builds_and_more is recommended and encouraged especially since most of how you play is determined by your build. And of course, take a look at the builds above.
    5. Outdated builds have the OLD tag. I also abused this tag by adding it to the empty sections, so it's basically a tag for you to know what needs to be updated before being used and for me to know what I still have to work on. I will remove the OLD tag from a section when at least one thing there got updated. Some trees from builds with the OLD tag still work but are in an older Wynnbuilder version.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2023
    Mikk357, Minism, lysabel and 4 others like this.
  2. Crouton_18

Crouton_18 Either an Airship Captain or a Masochist CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Warrior Cult Certified

Ingo likes this.
  3. TotemOfUndying

TotemOfUndying Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    very useful, thanks

Ingo likes this.
  4. ihatefalldamage

ihatefalldamage Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    thanks! that bonus WTF Fallen build really fits my playstyle

shacers and Ingo like this.
  5. Speckeck

Speckeck Skilled Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
  6. Ingo

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Even if you cycle upper charge and never melee this build is far from sustaining (loses over 6 mana per second at usual (6) cps) and while it has good upper damage upper charge cycle tends to not get the best dps (which also is true for this build). These things considered it doesn't beat listed builds in terms of dps at similar ehp so I will not add it, I hope you'll understand.
    I do not recommend this build.

And in future please message me build submissions directly (preferably on Discord: Ingo#5621) so this post doesn't get crowded.

7. Speckeck

Minecraft:
    Have you tried it in game? Not sustaining upper upper charge cycle is not a problem, because you are not in combat all the time. It can sustain upper upper charge long enough with blood pack and is especially viable in raids, due to raid buffs often giving mana regen. I use it all the time and easily soloed LI and Quira with it.

8. Ingo

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I still like keeping the 6 cps standard since it allows for higher cps or mistakes when you aren't in combat all the time. And as I said you'll likely get better results with a different cycle, this build has good upper dmg but at that ehp you can get much higher dps.

I know that I have very high standards but the goal of this post is to make a collection of builds that are picked with very high standards publicy available.
    If you wish to continue the discussion please dm me since I'd love to keep this comment section clean.

9. Speckeck

Minecraft:
    Please send me a build with the same ehp and better dps. I want to upgrade.

10. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    i dont like warrior.

thats the coolest weapon ever bro. ngl got me

Ingo likes this.
  11. Ingo

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Commenting to prevent the thread from getting locked for inactivity (sadly editing the thread to update builds doesn't count as activity and when it's locked I can't edit it)

Hopesies likes this.
  12. Hopesies

Hopesies Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    This must live!

13. Ingo

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Commenting to prevent the thread from getting locked for inactivity (I'm surprised but glad it didn't get locked yet)

14. Ronnoc

Ronnoc Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Are these updated for 2.0.3?

15. Ingo

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Not yet, I'm currently on holidays and will return home in a week, then I will do some in-game testing to see what works well (so far I have only played early beta lootruns and they were much harder than current lootruns) and after that I'll update the builds / make new ones.

16. Ingo

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Update: Added the OLD tag to everything, quite a few trees still work but since they're in an old wynnbuilder version I added the tag anyway.
    Next steps: Tree updates, new builds, removal of old builds if needed

Ronnoc likes this.
  17. Ronnoc

Ronnoc Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Let’s goooo I’ve been waiting for weeks!

18. Ingo

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Update: I will discontinue this thread since its current layout does not work for the lr update. If I have to rework everything I might as well do it properly with a new post.

Some problems are:

- Nonmythic builds arent needed anymore since conv and collapse are <16 LE anyway
    - TNA and lootrunning want completely different things from a build

I'll probably just divide it into lootrunning, tna and general gameplay (= works for both) instead of the usual mythic / nonmythic
    of course with subcategories again, I'll have to see which layout I use in the end

Edit: I'll put the builds here https://wynnmana.de.cool/warriorbuilds/
    Already has some builds now but it's far away from being finished, it's hard to come up with meta builds for every mythic and every playstyle. If you have a build of which you think that it would be worthy of receiving a spot please DM me on discord (1ngo.)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2023
    Hopesies and Skydude like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.