1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Pokemon Scarlet & Violet

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Komi, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Komi

Komi Kookie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    HELLO CHAT!

Is anyone here getting the new games? If so, which? Feel free to discuss anything (no story spoilers!) here both before and after release!

I'm getting scarlet and picking sprigatito!

FurretGod and Ankarin like this.
  2. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi custom titles are cringe

Minecraft:
    violet because chad professor (and ceruledge and cuz a better color than scarlet but eh)

I'll get the game for christmas. (nvm got it early)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022 at 10:20 PM
    Komi likes this.
  3. DungeonBee

DungeonBee Hunter of the Realm

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I’m getting violet for my birthday (you knew that). I’m still not sure which starter but I always go with water so I might stick with that.

Komi likes this.
  4. FurretGod

FurretGod Don Furretto HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]

Sprigatito ftw cuz this exists hehe :))

Komi likes this.
  5. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi custom titles are cringe

Minecraft:
    My initial thoughts from playing it for about an hour: the core gameplay aspects are really neat and fleshed out, but the main gripe i have is with camera issues and lower-quality graphics compared to stuff on other consoles. Usually after completing a battle with a wild pokemon my camera is placed in an awkward position between the ground. Of course, definitely not on the more major end of bugs (i've seen some wacky stuff from other vids), but still a minor complaint. Again, however, the core gameplay is really fun, and I hope more open-world pokemon games are soon to come (maybe with a bit more time too to fix some bugs).

Mid-way through feedback:
    I'll be more critical here, so while I feel the open-world is a cool mechanic, it is kinda confusing trying to find where to go next, as some areas will be too overleveled, which makes it weird trying to find your way through. And I got some funny bug experiences. First one was kinda funny which made Miraidon looked like it was falling even though it was on land (which got corrected a few seconds later), but the second one is pretty concerning to me, directly after I defeated the water-type gym leader, my game crashed. The best explanation I can think of for this is I decided to try and fight one of the Titan pokemon I was underleveled for (it was lv 45, my pokemon were around lv 25. it was in a lv 25 area too, won't name names cuz I don't wanna spoil anything) and actually defeated it, but didn't fight its second phase. Still though, I lost some progress (thankfully not too much). It's also a pretty good thing I didn't have autosave on, cuz then I would have been softlocked there until it got patched out.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022 at 10:26 PM
  6. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    finished the game a few days ago

the performance of the game was unfortunately really bad, i had hoped they would improve on the performance seen in the early trailers like what happened with arceus but sadly there were a lot of npcs that moved at like 10 fps and there was 1 time where the game crashed upon beating a boss. it wasn't as bad as what i've seen other people get, though

the gameplay, is, well, pokemon. it isn't better or worse than older games, though some of the battles here definitely challenged me a lot harder than sword and shield ever did. terrastalising is a cool mechanic too

the story was honestly pretty good. i was expecting another mediocre pokemon story but it was awesome

the OST was fantastic but that's to be expected since toby fox made a lot of the tracks

toedscool being included makes the game an instant 10/10 from me

Da Homeboi and Komi like this.
  7. Ankarin

Ankarin Wise Mystical Tree CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Completed game a while ago and am 250/400 Pokémon to completing the Dex.
    Overall I think it’s one of, if not the best Pokémon game to date. For whatever reason on my switch, even on the tv, had no performance issues or crashes. The OST was fantastic and (I got Violet) the paradox Pokémon were better than I expected and the final boss was a great sequence and I loved it greatly.

One of my main dislikes however is the new Pokémon are VERY hit or miss. New bird is cool, tinkaton is awesome, but stuff like wiglet and quaxly line just not it imo.
    The world seemed pretty full of life and the characters are incredibly designed and feel like actual human beings who have lives- especially the gym leaders.
    Tera raids, despite being flawed in many ways, are a good way to get annoying pokemon and xp items so those 2 points balance them out to be a decent feature, and on that topic terestillizing is the best gimmick they’ve had in a while, not required to beat the game but helpful, and well balanced for strategic reasons (losing good typings for damage, once per poke stop visit, etc.)

Overall, 9/10 game, very high rating for a Pokémon game and beats the 8/10 I would have given PLA. I recommend everyone play it if on the fence about it, with even if you unfortunately have to deal with performance issues.

Oh yeah edit note I didn’t add in: I picked sprigatito and even though I was disappointed at what the chose for the third evo Meowscarada is very cool and it’s signature move is the best of the trio in my opinion, right above Skeledirge’s.