1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics Permanent Day/Night In Certain Regions

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by SaintEnderForum, Dec 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaintEnderForum

SaintEnderForum Happy Wynn Boi

Guild:
    Some Regions In Wynncraft Look Weird And Out Of Place When It's A Certain Time. And A Simple Plugin To Fix That Might Not Take Too Much Time Off Of Updates Especially If There Are Multiple People Working On It Like Most Other Things By My Knowledge. The Main Instances Of This Are In Rtd And Rol Rtd Doesn't Look Dernic With The Daylight And Sky Being The Same Color Pallet As Rol. And The Reverse Happens With Rol. Not Only That, But Nol, Tcc, Eo, And Other Buildings Exposed To Daylight Might Get The Opposite Effect Those Outside Exposures Were Intended To Give. If This Change Does Take Up More Time Than Is Necessary, I Understand. But If Not, I Would Strongly Recommend This Small Tweak

2. Androphonia

Androphonia SON ARE YOU THROWING THE RAID AGAIN

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Stop Typing Like This Pls

good idea tho

3. cmosier

cmosier Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    this already happens though?
    areas like SE, roots of corruption, twain graveyard, and probably a few others already have this effect. the sun is still visible, but the sky around it is darkened and is almost identical to the night sky. i think some shaders interfere with this? that isn't wynn's fault though
    not sure if ROL is always day but if it isn't i might agree it should be? it's being infested with darkness after all though, so night makes sense as well as day

4. Bwitty03

Bwitty03 Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    they do that by setting the biome to the end.

Gigavern, cmosier and luckeyLuuk like this.
  5. Lord Saraldar

Lord Saraldar The Fire Archer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    now with the shroud of darkness item with which you can toggle perma night, would be cool if they added this to the void and silent expanse

6. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Sorry I Cannot Read This Thread For The Life Of Me I Hate When People Type Like That It Really Pisses Me Off I Know It's A Thing With Dyslexia Or Something But It Makes It Unintelligible And A Pain To Read. It Also Just Seems Like More Effort Has To Be Put In To Type Like That

AnyWay I Am Pretty Sure Something Like This Is Not Entirely Possible And The Night Thing Is Only Emulated Via The Wither's Sky Darkening Effect

Edit: Did I Say The Wither I Meant The End Biome Sorry

7. DaCorruption

DaCorruption Serves Dern. HERO

Minecraft:
    Pretty sure it can be done. They've already got the "set to night but only client side" thing down, it wouldn't be too difficult to have it be like "set it to night time but only client side as soon as this person enters this area". Though, as was said earlier in the thread, this is already done with the End biome.

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  8. Deenosour

Deenosour Travelled Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh my god this way of typing is hurting me. Why do it? It's so much extra effort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.