1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Items Negative Sp Requirements On Crafted Unusable When You Have Higher Negative Sp Than Req.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Treebeard68, Jul 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Treebeard68

Treebeard68 Ingredient Hoarder HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Pretty much, if I have -50 Dexterity and I try to use an item with a -11 Dexterity "req", the game thinks I have too low dexterity.

I'm unsure if this is actually intentional or a glitch. If someone could confirm it's intentional or not then I would greatly appreciate it.(I searched for an answer and got neither answers for either side so I'm assuming it's a glitch)

Example (I'm using Aphotic, by the way. I also have 11 Agility, 116 Defense, -96 Dexterity, and no Strength.)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    brokenmotor likes this.
  2. MrYoghurt2004

MrYoghurt2004 Travelled Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Do you know math? -11 is greater than -96, ofcourse you can’t use it!

3. brokenmotor

brokenmotor Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    0 is greater than -96, of course you can't use anything if you have negative skill points!

4. Treebeard68

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You know, I was honestly unsure if this problem was actually a glitch or just intentional. I hope it's not intentional, but I can see the CT making it so...

(And yes I searched, got nothing :/)

brokenmotor likes this.
  5. brokenmotor

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I hope you're trolling - the minimum dexterity on most weapons is zero, but if you have negative SPs, it doesn't matter, it counts it as zero... if this is an intended feature it should be clarified by a CT.

6. LarzLapiz

LarzLapiz Avos Air Warrior HERO

Minecraft:
    the thing is, if the requirement is 0, you can use it like normal
    just if it goes negative it doesnt work for some reason

brokenmotor likes this.
  7. Linnyflower

Linnyflower Unmodified Avatar VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    no it’s not intentional

brokenmotor likes this.
  8. Treebeard68

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Most items aren't supposed to have negative requirements. They have no requirement, technically a requirement of zero. I'm not sure if you can get a 0 req on a crafted item, but if you use something like Primordial + something with 10 req it will probably become a 0 req. (For example, Ocea Steal + Primordial.) It might say "0 Strength Req." or, it might say nothing. I'll test that in a few minutes. I could see why this might be intentional, but it's most likely the system being slightly unprepared for crafted items and having some glitches.

EDIT: Wait Primordial Soul is not for tailoring I'm dumb and neither is Ocea Steel

(There were no items with negative requirements before 1.18, and still, no non-crafted items, not even any in the new revamp have a negative req. This leads me to believe that negative reqs are either a glitch in themselves, or are supposed to not require you to have greater than the req.)

brokenmotor likes this.
  9. brokenmotor

Guild:
    Minecraft:

Treebeard68 likes this.
  10. Treebeard68

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It pretty much means that before the Economy Update (1.18), there were no crafted items. And there are also no non-crafted items that have a negative SP req such as -11. So, the negative req probably wasn't intentional because the current item system didn't and still doesn't account for having negative SP requirements on items, and the code just tells it to follow the requirement of the item. Because of the way the system is coded and how requirements work, it thinks a negative requirement is a real requirement and makes you meet the requirements.

I also just tested with requirements, and using 1x Ritual Cata, which has a -50 strength req plus x5 Gert Skin, which totals at +50 strength req, the outcome in-game had no strength requirement, instead of having a "0 strength req." This almost confirms that negative requirements aren't intentional, since the only way I could see them being intentional is to prohibit the use of certain items like Aphotic, which have negative skill point bonuses.

Tl;dr: The system wasn't coded to handle negative SP requirements on items, which proves to be a problem on crafted items with negative SP reqs, which are most likely not intentional.

Edit: Thanks @brokenmotor!

brokenmotor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.