1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Monumenta

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by PikaLegend, Aug 17, 2021.

?

Monumenta.

1. Monumenta.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Monumenta?

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Monumenta!

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Lol I already knew about it

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PikaLegend

PikaLegend Shocking VIP+

Minecraft:
    Why hasn't ANYONE told me about this.

I was debating on making a thread about this, because you know, it's talking about a different "MMORPG" Server and all (I am sorry Wynncraft I still love you very dearly). But honestly, it's not everyone's cup of tea! So just in case you are like me:
    • Starved for content
    • Played Complete The Monument Maps (I recommend Terra Restore 2!)
    • Want hard Minecraft content
    • Don't mind a harsh roguelike death penalty (Dropping most stuff on death)
    • Hate P2W yet too cheap to buy actual games / subscriptions
    • Don't like to grind, jump straight into the good bits
    Then maybe Monumenta may be for you, because heck I am deeply in loved with this game, I can't really put it down.

Personally, how I discovered the server was through great pain and sorrow, as I was so desperate for some new MMORPG experience, that I was looking through all the MMORPG on Steam and just cannot find one I was looking for (That is, non-subscription based / expensive, less P2W, not too much grind, good community, good devs, very positive rating or better, potato pc specs... maybe I was a bit too harsh). And in my last ditch effort, I searched up "Minecraft MMORPG" on YT, and after going through one video, in YT's next recommended video list, was about Monumenta. Honestly, at 1 am, I was just so happy I became sad. It was too good to be true, so I assumed the server is dead already, like all the other Minecraft MMORPG in the past.

I was wrong, btw! And very happy to be proven wrong at that.

What I really like is that Monumenta Devs really cracked down on the needed QoL features to deliver the best player experience they could. For example, since the main dungeons are multi-hour adventures, they made it such that you can enjoy it at your own pace via your own dungeon instances, each instances last through two weekly updates which happens every Thursday, effectively giving you two to three weeks to complete one dungeon. All progress is saved whenever you log out and log back into the dungeon... even your mistakes! As someone who is taking a random elective in game design this semester, I am taking notes. This is brilliant.

Well, that is one thing, but if you are curious:

(They even have a Tape Measure, and fireworks flares to signal to your teammates, as though I am playing Monster Hunter or something!! Like WHAT)

Anyways.

I think that's about it.

Personally, I want to aim for 100% completion of this game, and I want to do it blind for as long as I could. This means I am really trying to avoid guides and spoilers (it ruins the immersion if you know what you are doing, imo, I love falling into death traps). I recommend playing it this way as well! They did a really good job explaining a lot in game.

Back to completing the white wool dungeon. (Yes I am still at the first dungeon)

Novalescent, AdrianOkanata and Kahsol like this.
  2. Jackkoh

Jackkoh King of The Southern Earth VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    looks cool, I might try on the weekends. hey can I friend you in the game if that's possible? xD

Kahsol and PikaLegend like this.
  3. PikaLegend

PikaLegend Shocking VIP+

Minecraft:
    I don’t think they have a friend system in place unfortunately, but if you want to do some dungeons together (though it is once per week for each dungeon, and I got another irl friend in mind I want to run dungeons next week too), absolutely!

Hopefully we have a similar enough timezone lol, currently writing it is 6:33 pm

Edit: Heck, you can even be my neighbour in the plots world lol, lots of empty space

Kahsol likes this.
  4. Jackkoh

Jackkoh King of The Southern Earth VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    oh yay, only 1 hour timezone differences :0
    As I said, I'll probably give it a go on the weekends or if I have time, Thursday but I need to move, like move to a new house so probably not

Kahsol likes this.
  5. WithTheFish

WithTheFish you are amazing CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    A lot of my friends in a discord server I'm in are really into this, but man, it has not been easy to get into. The game directed me to this one dungeon that apparently takes over an hour to beat? I was a big fan of terra restore 2 though and this looks very similar and even more refined, so I don't wanna give up on it.

Kahsol and PikaLegend like this.
  6. PikaLegend

PikaLegend Shocking VIP+

Minecraft:
    The key thing is to know you aren’t supposed to do it in one sitting (at least if you are solo). Since dungeons are personalized instances that lasts for two weeks, you should have plenty of time to slowly go through the dungeon and eventually finish it (you can even go out of the dungeon to restock and stuff, then come back, they seem to split dungeons into segments which include fast travel as well!) I believe the first blind run of the big main dungeons usually takes 6 hours to complete, which is quite bonkers.

I guess it depends on how you see it. I see the tremendous length as a plus because I like getting lost and wander around aimlessly, constantly getting myself into new tricky situations then look back to see how far I progressed in a room. The biggest plus is probably not having repetitive content, you truly do not know what’s coming up and won’t have to do the same room twice etc.

Also note that this length actually varies based on how fast you pace yourself. There are dedicated speedruns challenges for each dungeon to see if you can beat the whole six hour dungeon in 15 minutes, and people have done it. (WR for White Wool is less than 5 minutes) So really, the sky’s the limit.

Kahsol likes this.
  7. WithTheFish

WithTheFish you are amazing CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Oh thats a relief, I thought you had to do the whole thing in one sitting lol

Kahsol likes this.
  8. JuicedBananas

JuicedBananas Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Monumenta is great y'all should join us

Kahsol likes this.
  9. Pyrect

Pyrect yes its me the one who enjoys playing warrior

Minecraft:
    I didn’t like it at all,
    First of all, it gives far few directions. I was stuck for like 45 minutes trying to find out how to repair my items. I know there’s a map shop, but even on the map it’s extremely hard to spot
    While I like the combat style, losing everything on you is really brutal, and while rescue missions can be exciting, they can become next to impossible when your stuff is guarded by tons of mobs.
    After completing the tutorial dungeon, I discovered while the open world areas give you a lot of freedom, that’s not necessarily a good thing. It might be wynncraft rubbing off on me, but I just want the game to get straight to the point, without travelling to the quest location being a mission in itself.
    I see the appeal, especially in the pve, but the dungeons are the only good parts.

MlecznyHuxel99 and Kahsol like this.
  10. AdrianOkanata

AdrianOkanata Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I've been playing this for a week and it's amazing. The combat is very deep and engaging, even more so than Wynncraft. Probably doesn't have as much content as Wynncraft and the world isn't as beautiful but it's definitely worth checking out if you like Wynncraft. The combat is based on 1.16 PVE with shields and crossbows and stuff plus there is a very elaborate class system added which makes it a fresh and interesting take on Minecraft PVE especially for people like me who haven't really played that much vanilla since before the Minecraft 1.9 update.