Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Modern's Webcomic List!

Discussion in 'Nemract's Bar' started by modern, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. modern

modern The irony is that I love the future

Guild:
    Hello, some of you may know me as mod(ern) creator of Chronicals of Corruption and destroyer of worlds. I have studied the art of Web Comics for quite some time now, and I have decided to compile this list of THE VERY BEST WEB COMICS ON THE INTERNET!

Now, before we start, let me tell you my biases when creating this list. These are the types of web comics that will not be appearing in this list.
    1) 18+ comics. Sorry, but no.
    2) furry comics. This rule almost always treads into rule 1, but this it's for the exceptions.
    3) print comics that are available online.
    4) manga.
    5) gag a day

Now, there is a exception to every rule, and there is a singular exception to every rule listed above. Pls don't kill me.

Now let's get this show on the road!
    The very best
    These comics are so good that anyone and everyone should read them. These are the comics that you should read when first delving into the medium of web comics.

Paranatural
    This comic is my absolute favorite web comic ever. Paranatural, created by Zach Morrison, is a web comic about kids who fight ghosts. But it is so funny, and the characters are so great, that it transcends it's genre. Want a synopsis? NO, JUST READ IT!
    Humor: 10/10
    Art: 9/10
    Story: 9/10
    Length: perfect amount
    The activity club: 10/real club

Homestuck
    Oh jebus here we go. This is a controversial web comic, especially at conventions, but Homestuck is such a unique comic that it really deserves to be on the list. The basic premise is that 4 kids play a video game that triggers the apocalypse. There are also some weird aliens also. This comic also transcends it's plot, from the quirky characters and impressive length. So, let me tell you about homestuck.
    Humor: 9/10
    Art 8/10 (pretty stylised)
    Story 9/10
    Length: over 9000 pages. And it is a very wordy comic.
    Stairs?: it keeps happening.

Sam and Fuzzy
    I must inform you that I have only very recently read Sam and fuzzy, but it is a very unique and funny comic. The story revolves around Sam and his best friend Fuzzy, and their hilarious antics. From Ninja Mafias to Dinasoar businessmen, the world this comic creates is intriguing and enjoyable.
    Humor: 10/10
    Art 8/10 (gets better as it goes on)
    Story 8/19
    Length: on the long side
    Mr.Sin's aliases: 12

[Comics to be added: Avas Demon, Dumbing of age]

The genre standouts
    These comics are very good, the best of their respective genres, but you must like the genre to enjoy it.

Will Save World For Gold
    I could spend a entire day talking about gaming web comics, but This comic has a special place in my heart. This is the comic that breaks rule #1, but it is only rated R for lots of swearing and blood. Also, it is all done in pixel art, so there you go! The comic is about a D&D 4e party and their many quests. It has the very best examples of the five man band, and also lots of gamer humor. Anyone ego likes tabletop RPGs will love this comic!
    Humor: 8/10
    Art: 8/10 (pixel art, but really good)
    Story 8/10
    Length: long, but with convenient stopping points
    Class: warlord duh

[Comics to be added: Cucumber Quest, Gaia, Not a Villian]

The niche finds
    These comics are enjoyable to a certain type of person. Try them, who knitted if you Will like them?!

El Goonish Shive
    Ok, I might get a lot of flack for this one, but it deserves to be on this list. This is the comic that breaks rule #2, but luckily only moderately. It is not a furry comic, but includes furry characters. The comic is a slice of life for some pretty strange people. It is a old comic, where you can literally see the author mature mentally and skill wise with art. The story follows a multitude of characters. All with distinct personalities as they try and survive in a very X-Files esc world. Theres a gender changing scientist, a boring superhero and his cloneslashtwinsister, a magic martial artist, and MANY more crazy characters. If your looking for something definitely out there, check this out.
    Humor: 7/10 (gets better with time)
    Art: 6/10 (goes from shit to amazing)
    Story: 7/10 (again, gets better with time)
    Length: has been around sense 2004...
    Tedd's gender: is it a Tuesday?

[Comics to be added: the boy who fell, zombie roomie, woody after hours, nafgc, etc]

I AM SO SORRY for the lack of content in the OP, but I have a lot of comics to cover, and I can only do so much a day. I Will try to update This every day, and please suggest comics for me to add to the list!

Things to be added:
    Links
    Art samples

The One-eyed Guy likes this.
  2. Cow

Cow Well-Known Adventurer

You spelled dinosaur wrong, Dina would be dissapointed.

XavierEXE likes this.
  3. modern

Guild:
    Shit you found it.... let's pretend this was never here...
    (I don't have the time to make this a extensive list)

XavierEXE likes this.
  4. Cow

Cow Well-Known Adventurer

I scoff at your puny webcomic list mwahahah
    also it's a public site duh I'd find it

5. FN-2199

FN-2199 Loyal Stormtrooper of the First Order

Guild:
    No Order of the Stick? No XKCD? o n o

6. The One-eyed Guy

The One-eyed Guy that guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'd say that you should add:
    Helvetica (Sans and Papyrus were based off of this comic, it's pretty neat but updates slowly)
    The Last Halloween (Okay, this is actually really graphic but aside from that it's a typical adventure story.)

I'd say this thread's worth a watch tho.

7. modern

Guild:
    All of those are great and I have read them! I will add them to the list of to be added

8. TrashcanMan

TrashcanMan Hello I am here

XKCD and SMBC are both great and science-y but they're both gag-a-day for the most part

9. modern

Guild:
    Yeah you are right, but XKCD could be my exception to the rule. I have not yet read SMBC so I cannot do that comic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.